Saralinda
Chapter 43: Jake

Copyright© 2010 by Gray Beard

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 43: Jake - Gary stops a young woman from jumping off a bridge, and then whisks her away to see if she'd like to live a different kind of life.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Romantic   Harem   Polygamy/Polyamory   Slow  

All I know is something like a bird within her sang,
All I know she sang and a little while and then flew off.
Tell me all that you know, I'll show you
snow and rain.

When you hear that same sweet song again, will you know why?
Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by,
Laugh in the sunshine, sing, cry in the dark,
fly through the night.

Don't cry now,
Don't you cry, don't you cry anymore, la da da da
Sleep in the stars
Don't you cry, dry your eyes on the wind, la da da da

Bird Song — one of the most amazingly beautiful songs Jerry Garcia ever wrote. But Moira was singing it in heartbreaking fashion while sitting on the bed next us. I was lying down, holding Saralinda, who was still out, though at this point, it was simply sleep. Troubled sleep. Every few minutes, she'd start REM dreaming, and often would thrash about in obvious distress. I tried to calm her without waking her when that happened. I had no idea what time it was, or how long we'd been in Moira's room.

Once she'd stabilized, Gary and I had carried Saralinda upstairs to Moira's bed. Moira'd walked behind us, on the phone with Dr. Anna in Hawaii. The whole way there, I'd listened to Moira say such illuminating things as "Uh huh," and "Yes, of course," and "Okay." My eyes, though, had been locked on Saralinda's face the whole way. I didn't relax a bit until Saralinda was lying on the bed in my arms, and Moira had ended the call, and then said, "Dr. Anna thinks we did the right thing, and that she should come around in a couple of hours. She says not to worry too, too much. The shock reaction should be a one-time thing, most likely."

Gary had quickly left, probably to get in touch with the Seattle police, as both Moira and I were pretty well distracted. And then the hours passed as Moira played guitar and sang sad songs.

It wasn't until the final chord of Bird Song that the door opened again and Gary slipped into the room. Sunlight was still sneaking through the curtains that Moira had drawn closed. Except for those few errant rays, the room was only lit by a trio of candles that she'd lit, so the bright glare from the briefly open door set both Moira and me blinking. Gary closed the door quickly. His gaze lingered on each of us in turn, before he sighed, and asked, "How is she?" His blue eyes looked sad and tired.

I shrugged. "She's sleeping fitfully; I can't really tell more than that until she wakes up," I said quietly.

Gary looked to Moira, maybe for a second opinion. When she just nodded, he sighed again. "I think you two should get her to Maui to see Dr. Anna. I'd better go to Seattle and try to get the police to ramp things up. She needs closure. And I want to make sure they have the resources and the motivation they need to find who did it."

"No..."

Saralinda's voice startled me, though I presumed it was just another dream event. But Saralinda was struggling in my arms, trying to blink her eyes open, and to sit up at the same time. Probably the burst of light light followed by our quiet voices had awakened her.

"No..." she repeated, her voice raspy.

"'No' what, honey?" asked Moira softly.

"No, you're not going to leave me on Maui. I'm going to Seattle. If anyone's going, it should be me."

"Saralinda, Honey," I said in what I hoped was a calming voice. "You had a bit of a, well, an episode, in the office. I really think it would be a good idea if you saw Dr. Anna."

She looked at me fiercely, pushing herself free of my grasp. "Well if you found out from a fucking fax that your mother was dead, you'd probably have an 'episode' too, Jake!"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.