Tammy - Cover

Tammy

Copyright© 2010 by AJ Martin

Chapter 11

While they were fishing at the lake the soft sounds of nature had been interrupted by the distant sounds of a helicopter. The group headed back as soon as they heard the deep whirring rumbles. Rounding the last bend in the path running along the stream the meadow came into view.

Karl called back over his shoulder, "Just as we figured, it's the Police helicopter again."

"I still wonder what they want now," Tammy replied.

Sergeant Frame and Officer Post were standing next to the helicopter talking. When Karl and the group appeared at the edge of the meadow, the pair of Officers started walking over toward them.

When they were close enough, Gail Post called over, "Miss Jordan we need you to identify a couple of guys who have admitted to being involved in picking you up and chasing you into the woods."

Karl and Tammy stopped, looked at each other and then turned to Sally and George who had walked up close behind them. "Let me handle this," Tammy said then turned back to the Officers.

"I already told you I don't want to press charges against any of them," Tammy said to the uniformed Officers.

"We understand that," Sergeant Post interjected into the conversation, "But one of them has not come forward. Would you want to press charges against him. He seems to have been the driver of the car. He could be charged with kidnapping."

George let out a slight gasp at that statement. He hugged Sally tightly as he attempted to keep silent hiding behind Karl and Tammy. His concern was visible in his face as Sally whispered to him, "It will be OK. Let Tammy take care of this."

Officer Post added, "We need to officially know what you want to do."

"That means," confirmed the Sergeant, "You have to sign off on the case by either filing charges or refusing to prosecute."

"Like I said before, I don't want to file charges against any of them," Tammy reiterated.

Explaining the situation to Tammy, Sergeant Frame said, "Well, while we were up here this afternoon Ralph Empire and Mark Dean came into our office and turned themselves in. They implicated George Roget as the driver."

"I know," responded Tammy stopping both Officers explanation. "I still don't want to file charges or prosecute any of them."

"Not even Mister Roget?" Officer Post asked. "He hasn't come forward you know."

Making both of 'Boynton's Finest' glance at each other in surprise, Tammy added, "He's already come forward and I still don't want to file any charges."

"How has he come forward?" the Sergeant asked.

"He's standing right behind me," she said.

In unison both Officers said, "What?"

Turning slightly, Tammy took George's hand, separating him from Sally and pulled him between her and Karl. "This is George Roget."

"How did he get here?" Officer Post asked.

Pointing to the girl standing behind Karl, Tammy said, "Sally Fleck here is a High School friend of mine. George is her boyfriend. He's the one who called in the report this morning. After calling they drove up here to make sure I was OK. They got here right after you flew back to Boynton."

"How come you didn't identify him when we were here before," Sergeant Frame asked.

"Because I didn't know George before today. The short version is I haven't seen Sally for a couple of years and I didn't know George before or even who she was dating."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.