Journey Outward - Cover

Journey Outward

Copyright© 2010 by Joan of Acre

Chapter 39: Put That Down

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 39: Put That Down - What has Chronos done this time. When she returns to the Compound, she finds it filled with new faces... and a call to war. She watches in horror and wonder as the chaos around her increases.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Fa/ft   Ma/Ma   Consensual   Reluctant   BiSexual   Post Apocalypse  

"What do you think you're doing?" Napoleon snaps at me in a harsh whisper.

I am up and facing him before he can get another step closer to our little gathering. Holding up my hand to stop his advance I say. "Not now Napoleon," with almost hysterical glee. "They know we are here."

I turn to face the empty roadway, looking to the woods, were the Brutes Squad's stark prison lies. I can almost feel the intensity of the the hatred and suspicion rolling off of them, they feel nothing for us as a people. sovereign or otherwise.

"What?" He seems to jump back at my statement.

"We need to be ready." I turn to Gunga Din, who has risen from his place.

"How long?" He calmly asks.

"Soon."

Gunga din turns to Napoleon, "I am ready" He gives Napoleon a quick nod and trots of to join the rest of the protectors.

"Damn you." Napoleon snaps at me. The tick over his eye seems to have come back. "Get back with the healers," is his harsh command.

I give him a wicked smile and with calm deliberation walk over to the far side of the Hummer, where the other healers have been waiting, along with the Amazons. Diana gives me a quick flash of a grin. Catherine is of her usual humor and glares for a second before turning away.

"It looks like the action should be starting any time now." I say and turn to the healer. Caster and Pollux. "We need to make a plan. not that it will matter much as all plan are subject to change."

"Why do we need a plan?" Caster whines. "we wait back here and tend to anyone who shows up."

"Ah guys," I look back and forth between them. "If they are hit by gun fire how are they supposed to get to you?"

They blink. Pollux thinks about it and turns pale. "Oh goddess." he sinks down into a crouch and holds his head.

"Just what did Saul tell the two of you?" I ask as it dawns on me that these two men have no field experience.

"uh, he said the Protectors needed us." Caster answers slowly thinking about last night or rather early this morning.

"And we do need you." Diana says to comfort them.

"Alright, this is what we will do." I can tell the healers are not up to getting in the middle of the combat. I can cope with that, so I say, "I will bring back anyone who has fallen, you patch them up. if they can't make it back out on their own, hand them a gun and let them defend you along with the Amazons."

Pollux starts rocking "Oh Goddess."

I glance up at Diana for help she shrugs her shoulders helplessly. I guess I am on my own. I kneel down by Pollux and touch his arm. I don't need to see very deep into him to know that he is distressed.

"What are your specialty, why would Saul send you?" I ask thinking maybe if I could get them focused they might be in better shape when the fighting started.

"I am good about setting bones." Caster says with some pride.

"Bones, right." I nod back to him.

"Pollux, Pollux, come on, what do you do?" I try a hard shake to see if he will snap out of it.

"Oh Goddess. why me?" He looks up at me and shakes his head. "I can patch bullet holes." He sighs deeply, but when he is done he stands, head resigned to what is happening. no happier, but with us and ready to help. "I am not going in to the line of fire." he cuts the air with his hand in a gesture of that is final.

"Fine." I agree with him. "I will bring back anyone hurt." I repeat.

Catherine turns around and stares at me in shock. So she had been paying attention to the conversation, her mouth opens and closes a couple of time as she looks back between me and Diana. Diana purse her lips and gives her a short shake of her head.

Before she can say a word, I hold up my hand to stop her. "I do not need you to cover me. Your job is to Protect the healers. My job is to get the wounded to the healers. agreed?" I raise an eyebrow daring her to disagree with me.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.