Journey Outward
Chapter 20: Time Spent

Copyright© 2010 by Joan of Acre

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 20: Time Spent - What has Chronos done this time. When she returns to the Compound, she finds it filled with new faces... and a call to war. She watches in horror and wonder as the chaos around her increases.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Fa/ft   Ma/Ma   Consensual   Reluctant   BiSexual   Post Apocalypse  

Reaching the Compound takes another couple of hours. The light is fading as we arrive. I keep forgetting that winter is setting in and days will be much shorter till the solstice Yet everyone around me seems to be prepared of the changes of light and weather. I have missed so much living among the stars.

We do get a better homecoming this time. Not to say warmer but at least there is someone at the gate and they open it after Saber sticks his head out of the Hummer.

"Common, we have been driving all day and are tired!" He yells.

"Anyone following you?" A voice from on top of the wall asks.

I can feel everyone in the Hummer roll their eyes at that question. I know I do.

"Does it look like it?" Saber yells back he sounds harassed to my ears.

"Fine," Says the grumpy voice, then he lifts the gate.

Saber drives through and parks near the hanger entrance. Quick as we can we all pile out of the Hummer. Galahad goes all of two steps before he collapse in a heap on the grass. At first I think he is car sick again and will just throw up but no he is kissing the grass and Says "I swear I will never go that fast again." "I am never ever getting back into that Machine."

I chuckle along with Gunga Din at the young man's claim. He will be back in the saddle, so to speak, sooner than he will possible believe. He became a Protector for the glory and the adventure. There is very little of that to be had at home.

"I am off to see what my men have planned," I look back over to Saber as I finish gathering my affects.

"Fine, I think we should all get some food before we meet with the elders," he waves me off.

Gunga Din nods to me as well and turns to give young Galahad a hand back up.

"The grass is fine, Galahad, but you can not spend you life huddle in a ball by the gate," he says in his usual calm tone.

"I don't care where I spend my life," Galahad comes back. "Just as long as I don't have to get back into that thing." He waves an accusatory hand to the Hummer.

"It's an acquired taste," Gunga Din agrees and makes a sour face.

I don't stick around for the rest. I am sure that Galahad is in good hands with Gunga Din, he must be used to this kind of behavior as he has a younger brother after all.

I quickly trot off, I head around the outskirts of the cabins to the sprinkle of them along the west front. This time I do not stop to admire the layout of cabins, I just rush in to the home-coming I know is waiting for me.

"I am home," I sing out as I step through the door. With a quick push I slam it closed to keep the cold from drifting in.

Saul is standing by the stove finishing what looks to be another tasty dish. Nimrod is in the rocking chair with a box and what looks like hand written notes. The room is illuminated by numerous candles giving the cabin a cozy golden glow.

"I see," Nimrod shuffles his papers and closes the box.

"We heard the call," Saul informs me. "I had a slow dinner going just in case you didn't come back it back by sunset." He jerks his head at the bubbling pot on the stove.

"Does this mean we can eat?" Nimrod hefts himself out of the rocking chair.

I drop my bag by the door and hang up my cloak as Nimrod comes around to give me a warm hug and kiss.

"We missed you," he murmur's in my ear. "I am so glad you are home safe." and his hold on my waist tightens as he says that.

I turn my head to nuzzle his neck and shoulder. Breathing in deeply the wonderfulness of his love and caring of me.

"It was only a simple scout. We were very careful," I reassure him. I can feel his tension slowly drift out as his relief becomes more pronounced.

"I go crazy," Nimrod murmur's some more. "I worry, that is what old men like me do." he says and straightens up from our hug.

With one last stroke of my hair he releases me. I let him slide out of my grasp. I would have hugged him all night long rather than eat or go to the council of elders, but he needs my support as much I need his and there is Saul's support to think about as well. How did my life become so complicated.

I glance over to Saul as Nimrod steps back and crosses to the table. Saul gives me a little tight smile. I can see this day has been no easier on him than it was for Nimrod.

"Oh Saul I am sorry the two of you have to put up with this," I cross to him and hold out my hands as I get close.

He takes my hands and pulls me close and gives me a gentle kiss on my check. "it is the price we pay for having a big tough Protector in our house. I, for one would not change it. The truth is even if we didn't have you to worry about, there would be other things. we are healers after all."

He smiles at me and at once I can feel his calming influence wash over me. I am home, and loved.

"I am sure you have lots of people to worry about. all those children, and the babies, and the rape victims" Saul tense I can feel it through his hand. he looks over at Nimrod.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.