Journey Outward - Cover

Journey Outward

Copyright© 2010 by Joan of Acre

Chapter 3: What Comes First

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 3: What Comes First - What has Chronos done this time. When she returns to the Compound, she finds it filled with new faces... and a call to war. She watches in horror and wonder as the chaos around her increases.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Fa/ft   Ma/Ma   Consensual   Reluctant   BiSexual   Post Apocalypse  

"Can we have breakfast now," I say in mocking pout at the two men, looking over at them, with a wry grin I add. "I am truly starving. We lost half our food 4 days ago and Holliday is the worst cook I have ever run across."

They both laugh at this description.

"That's right, The others would not even let him cook when we were in St. Louis." Saul remembers he trip from a few weeks ago. "I sympathize, my love." he waves us over to the table.

"Are you going to tell us what you have been up to?" Asks Nimrod with his usual professional tone.

"What do you mean?" My smile is one of innocence itself.

"We have had visitors of late." Saul smirks, cutting into Nimrods surprising statement.

I say, "All I did was take the girls home and talk to their families. Really." I look a the two of them in confusion, they are shaking their heads in disbelief at me.

"I swear, I did not tell any of them to come here." Oh wait I did tell King Louie to send us the Odd Couple. "Well maybe some diplomat types." I counter.

Nimrod starts his dry laugh at me. "You are not safe."

"It can not be that bad." I say feeling put out now that they are teasing me. Saul gently takes my hand and rubs it. "Not bad love, just not what is expected." He points to the table and gestures for us to sit. "We should know that by now." Saul adds. "That and Catherine has been saying it is your fault. She was confused as anyone when they showed up."

I cock my head to one side in question,"They?" then I add after seeing their blank looks "Catherine," and I roll my eyes in disgust. I remember as we sit down to eat. She and I did not get along very well, our entire trip was one of her trying to put me in my place. We did eventually find a common ground but I guess now that she is back home she doesn't care to remember. "I should have guessed." I nod in understanding. "She beat us home by a week."

"Nothing you can do about it now." Nimrod says in sympathy. "She did have important news, even with all the finger pointing."

His face takes on a grim cast as he thinks about Catherine new's of new visitors in an old place of pain.

"Napoleon is working on it, right?" I ask about the Leader of the Protectors.

"He has no choice." Saul flashes us a wicked grin. I guess Nimrod filled him in on how much Napoleon was harassing me. He didn't like the fact that I was both Healer by name and Protector by trade. I am sure the man has a hidden agenda, one that will hurt more people than help. I know that I will do anything in my power, and that is a considerable amount, to make sure those I love are not hurt by that mad man.


"I am off to get rid of all this travel dirt." I say to the men at the end of the meal. Then give Saul a kiss as I pick up the clean clothes I had thrown over the back of the chair.

"You do that," he fusses. "Someone tracked mud all over the kitchen." he gives me a pointed look, that has me giggling and blushing.

"I was in a rush to be in someones arm's." I give him a coy look in return. "That is what I love about you, always thinking about others." He gives me a quick peck back. "take a jacket." He waves one at me as I leave.

"I do not need one." I say, shooing Saul back into the cabin.

It is a brisk December morning and for once it has stopped raining. The icy grass crunches under my feet, a light wind blows my hair back. I stop for a minute to listen to the sounds of people waking up and starting their day. It is the little things like this that I missed. As well as Saul and Nimrod.

As I make my way to the bath house, I am greeted by a number of friendly faces. They, like me are heading to get a quick bath before the start of the day.

"Chronos, you're back!" Calls out a small plump lady who was now noticeably pregnant. She is all smiles at me.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.