The Outsider - Cover

The Outsider

Copyright© 2010 by Telephoneman

Chapter 9

Thursday, I was at work early feeling somewhat on a high, despite a night of fitful sleep. It has always seemed odd to me that whenever we feel good, good things seem to happen and vice versa. The first person I met as I walked through the doors was Sheila Partridge who asked me about 'my girlfriend'. Once again I explained the events of the previous evening and saw that Sheila shared the same dismay as everyone else had.

"Do you go home for lunch?" She asked me.

"Sometimes."

"Okay! Then go and get the poor duck and we'll have a chat today."

(NB 'Duck' is a very common term of light endearment used in The Potteries by both sexes to both sexes)

"Thanks Sheila, I'll do that."

Although I rarely took the full amount we were all allowed an hour for lunch and as my parents lived less than ten minutes away I didn't foresee any time problems. Just to be on the safe side I let my boss know what I was doing. He told me it was fine and not to worry about coming back late, that if necessary I could stay late and catch up.

When I asked why he thought I might be late he laughed and said.

"Woman? Get ready? Important? Quick? Come on David you've been married so you know how long it takes to get ready normally, never mind for something as important as an interview."

"Aghh!" I managed as I recalled the hours sat waiting for my wife, my mind, perhaps prompted by Susan's reappearance, even going back to that first wait at the baths.

As it turned out Stephanie was even worse than my wife had been and it was closer to two hours when I pulled into the works car park with the hood up. (The hood is the soft roof on a convertible, not the bit that covers the engine which is the bonnet) Unless it was teeming down with rain I never drove with the hood up, preferring to use just the tonneau (a leather covering that can be attached to the car at waist height using studs). Because the wind might mess her well prepared hair up I had been told not to argue and just to put the hood up. I took a very nervous Stephanie to reception and asked them to contact Sheila. They did so and told us that Sheila would send down for her in about ten minutes. I said fine and told Stephanie that she should wait in the reception area after her interview and I would see her after I finished work. I'd already explained that I couldn't take any more time off to run her back, which she accepted without any fuss.

Midway through the afternoon I was surprised to see Sheila heading my way with Stephanie in tow.

"Good news David. We have just hired Stephanie and she will be starting Monday. Rather than wait around in reception I thought she could stay here with you for the rest of the day."

"OK! Thanks Sheila. I'll need to just run it past Steve first but I don't think there'll be a problem."

I quickly stuck my head into Steve's office and asked. He said it was fine and even followed me out to meet Stephanie. A few others in the office were curious, so Steve simply announced to all who Stephanie was, calling her my girlfriend, and why she was here. There were surprisingly few witty comments and we were soon left to ourselves. Steph gave me a quick run down of her interview and brief introduction to her new colleagues. It was obvious to see how happy she was so it was fortunate that I didn't have a heavy load that day as she struggled to contain her excitement.

That excitement mounted as we headed back to my house with Stephanie promising to show just how grateful she was. I tried to explain that she owed me nothing.

"I do owe you a lot David, but believe me when I say what I have planned for you has nothing to do with gratitude and everything to do with lust." She said grinning at me.

Not knowing what to say I shut up.

If our I thought our first kiss at the race was passionate then I had no words to describe the one she gave me the moment my front door was shut. I'd heard writers say their character went weak at the knees but it was the first time I'd truly experienced the phenomenon.

"Where's your bedroom?" She demanded hoarsely.

I just pointed and was dragged in that direction.

The next hour or so were a blur of physical pleasure and emotional joy. For the first time in my life I knew why such a commotion was made about sex. With my wife it had been most enjoyable but momentary. I could and had happily lived without that though. What Steph showed me was way beyond the purely physical. I knew that I wasn't in love with Stephanie and was equally certain that Stephanie did not love me but I thought that she was already showing that she cared about me more than my wife ever had.

By the time we had got dressed and driven over to my parent's house you would have expected that I would have returned to earth, but no, as soon as my mother looked at me she asked laughing.

"What have you done to my poor lad?"

I went as red as beetroot, but Steph just giggled. "Nothing much, just gave him a down payment on what I owe him."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.