The Outsider
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2010 by Telephoneman

"My, don't you look the confused one!" Stated my mother as soon as I walked through the back door into the kitchen.

At the time I thought that it was just mothers that had this instant insight into their son's minds, after all, I saw it regularly with my own mother and had heard other boys commenting about a similar ability. It wouldn't be long before I realised that it was the entire female half of the population that had this skill, it was just more honed in mothers.

As expected, the explaining of the weird events that had taken place at the Jacobs' house proved embarrassing to me and amusing to Mum.

When I'd finished, Mum said, as if to explain everything. "Not too surprising, Anita's just like Sandra."

Unsurprisingly, this explanation passed me by. I had no idea who Sandra was and why that should explain anything.

Seeing my even more confused look, Mum continued. "Sandra is Anita's mother, and she was only a couple of years older than Anita when she went after James."

The confusion was replaced by shock. I was good enough at maths to realise that Anita's mother was likely to be only a bit a older than our James, but in my vast experience older girls never chased younger boys.

Once again, reading my mind, Mum said. "No David, not your brother, but James Parr, Anita's father."

She then went on to explain that before my illness and my mother being outcast by most of the neighbours, she and Mrs. Jacobs had been relatively close, and Mum had watched their only daughter grow up. She had apparently set her sights on James Parr, who was a few years older than Sandra and lived in Victoria Road, just a couple of streets away. She joked that most of the locals, local women to be more precise, had watched in amusement as the young girl had pursued and captured her man.

Feeling more than a little trepidation, I asked. "So do you think that Anita's pursuing me then?"

More laughter originated from Mum before she answered. "Don't look so petrified. It is way too soon to tell but even if she is you have quite a few years to escape her clutches, although seriously Son, you could do a lot worse and having a girl around will certainly do you some good."

She then mounted even more embarrassment on me when she discussed sex and what I could expect and what I most certainly shouldn't. I nearly died on the spot when she mentioned that she knew I masturbated. I was told in no uncertain terms what would happen if I overstepped the mark. My mother had never laid a finger on me that I could recall but I immediately knew that I wouldn't be passing any mark that she set. Besides, I thought, I had been nervous as hell just holding her hand and the peck on her cheek that I'd given her was much more than I would have believed I was capable of, so I saw no problem in agreeing to any limitations. The most unbelievable thing my mother said, in fact I didn't believe it at the time, was that Anita might actually want me to do things with her and as the older, if not more experienced, it was up to me to keep things under control.

Once the physical side had been firmly dealt with, Mum went on to discuss how I planned to deal with having a girlfriend. She knew that with my lack of friends I would have no trouble there, and that I was quite capable of standing up to the many caustic comments that were bound to come my way if I dated a girl so much younger, but she reminded me that Anita could also expect some stick, not for going out with an older boy, but for going out with me in particular and I had to find the best way of supporting her. As most of her possible abusers would be girls this would almost certainly not be the physical way I looked after myself. We also discussed, albeit a pretty one-sided discussion, where and when we could go on dates. Mum also emphasised that everything depended on both Anita's parents agreeing that she could see me in the first place, although because of her mother's experience she thought that this wouldn't be a huge problem.

When we had eventually finished and Mum started to prepare the tea, I had come to the conclusion that it wasn't really worth all the effort. For the last few years I'd believed that I really wanted a girlfriend but now I wasn't too sure. Leaving school and starting work was a momentous time for most youngsters so a girlfriend added a complexity to my life that I could really manage without. Besides, as my Mum had foreseen so much from so little information, I wasn't really sure that what she forecast was going to happen. I decided that in the unlikely event that Mum was right and that Anita did see herself as a long-term girlfriend then I would try to let her down gently.

Early the following morning, or at least early for a teenage lad, Mum called me to let me know that Anita was here for me. I hadn't slept much as I had been to troubled by yesterday's events. After numerous changes of mind and plan I had concluded that my original idea was still the best. This morning I needed to find out what Anita wanted from me then act accordingly. Mind made up I strolled purposefully into the kitchen.

Anita was standing side on to me talking to my mother as I entered. She was wearing a flowery summer dress that emphasised her developing young figure, which, of course, I found appealing but it was the smile she gave me when she saw me that stopped me in my tracks. All the previous hours of self debate and my intentions went out the window. Instinctively, I knew that I could never deliberately hurt this girl. That she was so happy to see me shone through and even naïve me could not deny it. It was the first time in my life that anyone other than my parents, and even with those it was still doubtful, had shown so much genuine pleasure at seeing me and like any normal person I wanted more. Whatever my concerns had been, I also knew that that pleasure was very much reciprocated. My heartbeat was up and I knew that I wanted to see more of this young girl.

Mum, naturally, brought me back down to earth with a smile. "So what have you two love-birds got planned for today?"

Anita beamed at my mother's comment whilst I blushed. Of course, I had nothing planned; well nothing that hadn't changed in the last few moments.

Anita had obviously made her own plans for us and seeing that I failed to respond to Mum's question, she answered. "First Mum wants to meet David properly, then I thought we could go the baths." She looked at me with more than a little sadness before adding. "Unfortunately Susan will have to come with us too."

I actually liked the idea of the baths. I was a reasonable swimmer so wouldn't embarrass myself too much and I would get to see Anita in a swimsuit. Having her young sister along did not bother me too much either as I had no plans to do anything that she couldn't see and her presence would help ease the lulls in conversation. However, I was definitely not keen to meet her mother.

"Sounds like a good plan. You don't have any better ideas do you Son." My mother stated rather than asked.

I shook my head and after a few more moments of polite conversation with Mum, I quickly chucked my trunks and a towel into my rucksack before my new girlfriend grabbed my hand and led me the few streets to my fate.

Anita lived on the far edge of our small estate in a house very similar to ours. Her father worked as a clerk at our local railway station whilst like the majority of women at the time, her mother was a full-time housewife. Even though the development of labour-saving devices was progressing rapidly most families could not afford much more than a gas cooker and twin-tub washing machine. This ensured that stay-at-home mothers still put in a lot longer, and often harder, day than their working husbands.

As Mum had predicted, Anita's mother was not too concerned about the age difference, but was worried about my so called reputation as a bad boy. She did admit that what she knew was second hand from people like Mrs. Alcock, and that her own mother had recently tried to ease her mind, but she still had to check for herself. I was sure that she soon worked out that it was her daughter that was running the show and I think it was that that gave her the confidence to send us on our way.

Once outside, Susan immediately took hold of my free hand and spent the entire thirty-five minutes of our walk asking questions. I couldn't help but smile because as soon as I answered she would ask another, usually unconnected, question that she seemed to be reading from a prepared list. I don't know if she even heard my answers. Anita certainly paid attention to them, as although she rarely commented, I could tell by her facial expressions that she was thinking about my answers. It was very easy to tell when she didn't approve of an answer.

Newcastle public swimming baths comprises of two indoor pools, a small learning pool and a larger swimming pool. The latter is about 100 feet long with a small diving board at the deep end. It is a favourite place for most of the surrounding area and is restricted to hour long sessions at weekends and during school holidays. As this was Summer Break, we had to queue for fifteen minutes before we got in. Once inside we separated to get changed and met up again at the pool entrance to wait until the current users' hour was up. This was the first time I got to really look at Anita's figure. Her simple black, one-piece suit revealed little except shape, but for me that was more than enough. She was slim with small breasts and a tiny waist. Her bottom was pert although her legs had a bit more filling out to do. To me she was perfect. When I saw the faint impressions left by her nipples I struggled to keep my eyes away. Anita was well aware of my appraisal and seemed very pleased with my obvious approval.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.