The Psychic - Cover

The Psychic

Copyright© 2009 by Monbade

Chapter 15: Olympia

Morton, Washington;

Victor slowed the big RV down, and turned the blinker on, to exit the highway into Morton, Washington. They needed supplies if they were going to do some camping. The clock said one am, and he was tired as he headed down Second Street. Seeing a grocery on his left, and a parking lot with several RVs on the left, he pulled in across from the store that said 'Sentry Market', and stopped the RV. With a yawn, Victor checked the door, and stood up. He picked up his coke, and wandered into the back to check on everyone. In the back, the girls were sleeping soundly, and he kissed all three of them. Tucking Cindy's arm under the blanket, he walked out, closed the door and went into the bathroom to relieve himself.

Sitting down on the toilet, he started taking a dump. With one elbow on his right knee, he started to drift off, as his eyes closed.

'As soon as I find you, I'm going to kill you, and Amber will be going to China to be taught manners. The three brats will become mine to do with as I please. So you better run and hide, because I have your scent. I thought you were going to the amusement park, but you were seen at the airport. I... '

Victor jerked awake. Shaking his head, he wiped and pulled up his pants. With a quick wash, he was out the door and pacing the living room trying to figure out what to do. His thoughts were so loud; he woke Amber and Linda, who were sleeping in the big bed.

"Victor, my love what's the matter?" Amber asked as she came down the stairs and stopped in front of Victor.

"Master, what troubles you?" Linda added as she knelt behind Amber.

"I ... I fell asleep in the bathroom or dozed and I was contacted. The voice said they were going to take you to China, and the girls would become the property of the Psychic that was contacting me. I won't let them take any of you from me," Victor snapped.

"Victor, you must shield your mind. Isn't that what Michelle said when we all talked? If I remember right, she said your mind is like an open book and you must close it to keep them from finding you. So I want you to close your eyes and concentrate on my voice. Linda, make us something to drink, and I mean for you too," Amber said as she led him over to the table and they sat down.

Closing his eyes, Victor concentrated on Amber's soft voice.

"Victor, I want you to think of a piece of glass. Just a tiny piece, say the size of a quarter and tell me when you see it," she said.

In Victor's mind, a quarter-sized piece of glass appeared. It was thin, about a sixteenth of an inch thick and perfectly circler in his mind. "I see it," he replied.

"Good. Now add another quarter size piece and put it next to it. Then do it again and again until it surrounds you," Amber ordered.

In the kitchen, Linda was making some hot chocolate for Amber and Victor to drink when they were finished.

Victor concentrated on the shield, overlapping the quarters until they surrounded him. By the time he was finished sweat was rolling down his brow. "I think I have it, but this is weak. Shouldn't I make it one solid piece? And glass is pretty weak," he asked.

"No, because inside the shield, I want you to make stacks of the shield. When a section is under attack, you move some of your reserves to that section to reinforce the endangered area. On the backside of the shield, make more stacks that can quickly refill your used ones so you always have a ready supply. I now want you to change the glass to steel or something you think would withstand the attacks better," Amber replied as she squeezed his hands.

Victor concentrated on the quarters of glass and they turned to transparent steel. They looked like glass, but had the density of forty inches of thick steel. When the last section was finished, he let out the breath he was holding and lifted his head to look at Amber sitting across from him.

"I think it worked," he said with weariness in his voice.

"Of course it did, I thought of it. Now where are we?" she asked.

"Morton, Washington. If we're going to be camping, we need supplies to feed us," Victor replied as he took the cup that Linda handed him. "Thank you, Linda," he said as he took a sip.

"Welcome, Victor," she said as she handed Amber hers and sat down.

"Where is yours?" Amber asked.

"I cannot drink chocolate, I am allergic to it," she said with a sigh.

"Then get some tea," Amber ordered.

"If I do, I will be up all night. I'll get a glass of milk," she said and went to the fridge.

"Victor, I'm worried. What if they can somehow track you wherever you go? Are we in danger?"

"I don't know, Amber. I wish Michelle were here to tell us more on our power. I think I'm going to try and contact her when we go to bed. See if I can join her where I think she's at. If not, I'm going to practice using my powers," he replied as he spun the empty coffee cup.

"Good idea, Master. Should I carry my pistol with me?" Linda asked.

"Yes, carry your pistol in your purse, you may need it," Amber ordered as she stood up and went into the bathroom.

"Master ... I mean Victor, we will win. They will not take Amber or the girls while I am alive. I promise you that," Linda said firmly.

"Linda, I don't want you to sacrifice your life. If you see an escape, escape. Please, for me," Victor said as Amber came out of the bathroom.

"As you command, Master, but I won't run until the last moment," she said as she finished her milk.

Linda took everyone's cup to the sink and washed them. She then placed them in the drainer to dry for the night. When she was finished, they went upstairs to the bed where they stripped Victor down to the buff and pushed him on the bed. They then curled up on each side, Amber on his left, and Linda on his right. Victor wrapped his arms around both of them as they pulled the sheet up over their bodies.


Victor woke up lying on the grass field of the valley. Sitting up, he looked around the large valley and noticed the hut near the tree line. Walking towards the hut, Victor saw there were two Lazy-Boy chairs under an awning. Leaning against a small table, that held a clear pitcher filled with a yellow liquid and two glasses, was a guitar.

As he neared the hut, a voice called out, "It's about time, Victor."

Victor stopped and looked around and not seeing anyone, he called out, "Michelle?"

"Who else would it be? By the way, that's an interesting shield you have designed, may I test it?" she asked as she appeared in the chair.

"Thank you. Amber thought of it," he said as he winced when he saw the damages to Michelle's face and left arm. The arm was wrapped in bandages. But the worst damage was to her head, her hair was shaved off the left side.

The skin of her face and head was covered with a blue gel, and a piece of what looked like molded plastic covered it. The cover plate went from the top of her head, down to her chin and he could see the scars under the clear plastic as he came to a stop near her. Her left eye was covered with a black patch, and the left ear was completely gone.

The bandages went from her fingers, up her arm, and over her shoulder. Then they went around her chest. That was when he noticed she was naked from the waist up.

Her right breast was bare, but the left one was covered and he could make out wrinkled skin near the edges of it. Above her right breast, was a pinkish round circle that looked like a gunshot wound. The bandages, that were covering her arm, were stained yellow in some spots and a trickle of a yellowish substance was running down her left side where she wiped it up with a small hand towel.

"My God!"

"God had nothing to do with this. It will heal, and in a few weeks, and I will be as before. Now why have you come? I said I would contact you when you needed my help," she asked.

"Ahhh, well I needed some help on..." Victor stopped, as he couldn't take his eyes off the damage that had been done to the beautiful woman.

"Victor, I'll be all right in a few weeks. I am healing as you watch. Now sit, and have a glass of lemonade. Tell me what's wrong? Is it the vehicles? Money?" she ordered as she picked up her glass and took a drink.

"How can you sit there and ... your skin is infected!" Victor stated as he sat down.

"You mean this?" she replied as she held up the towel and laughed. "Nah, it's me using my power to force the infection out of my body and heal. If you're ever hurt this bad, you will have to do the same thing," she said as she set the towel down.

Before responding, Victor looked at the wound, and then at the girl, with a shudder, he said, "Well, I guess that's one of the reasons I'm here. I need more training. I need to know how to defend myself better. How you do the teleportation, you do. Are there ways to make people not notice us, like I didn't see you when I came up? Or how to stop someone from tracking us. Which, I think, someone is doing."

"Well, the first one takes months of training, and you don't have months. The second you know how to do, just use what I taught you and practice. Change the way you create items to use as missiles. Remember this, you don't have to make items, you can use small stones as weapons. What I suggest is you carry a pocket of steel ball bearings and use them as missiles.

"The teleportation is easy. Pick an area you want to go. If you haven't seen it before, then close your eyes, reach out to the area you want and look through the eyes of someone there. When you see what the area looks like. Break the connection and will your body to be there. The cloak as I call it, you concentrate on the background around you and will your body to blend in. You cannot move, if you do, they will know where you are.

"Now, for the hard part. Sense tracking, that's a hard one to deflect but can be done. The best way for you to do it is to levitate in the RV, and let someone else drive. Whatever you do, don't touch the RV for at least ten to twenty minutes. Have whoever is driving to make changes in the directions you're going. That will throw off the sense tracker..."

"Levitate? How?" Victor asked.

"Easy, you sit on the floor of the vehicle, and slowly push your power below and behind you. That way you stay in one place. If you turn, you need to push in that direction as well. Otherwise, you will float in the direction of the turn. Watch, close your eyes, and open your mind to me," she said.

Victor closed his eyes, opened his mind, and he felt Michelle connect with him. He watched as she projected her power below her like a cushion and she slowly lifted off her chair. She then sent another push behind her and she floated away from the chair. A third push to her right had her sliding right. As soon as he realized how to do it, the connection was broken and when he opened his eyes, she was sitting in her seat and offering him a glass of lemonade.

Victor took the glass, and looked at his mentor, "Mistress, I will try what you taught me. But what of you? You're all alone here. What if they find you? In your weakened state, they could kill you!" Victor said as he took a sip of the drink.

"That will be a good trick to find me. They would have to have the best sense tracker in the world to find me here. You see, this valley to the outside world, looks like an unclimbable mountain. The power that was poured into it a thousand years ago to keep the outside world out will kill anyone who tries to climb it," she pointed at the large stand of trees to the east. She then continued, "You cannot see it, but on the other side of those trees are a dozen World War Two aircraft from the Japanese and allied armies. They crashed when they went down on the mountain. The shield that protects this valley deposited them there, their crews dead; the monks who live in the monastery to the east buried them. As to anyone who climbs the mountain, they are either buried here, or found at the base of the shield frozen to death. Also buried over there, are people who wandered in to the valley and were killed because they tried to leave. Once a normal enters the valley, they can live in the scattered villages or they die. That is their only choice..."

"Then how come all the other psychics don't know about this valley?" Victor asked.

"The reason is ... I am one of the last of the original members, who constructed this valley fourteen hundred years ago. There is one more in the Swiss Alps, it's a small one, it's where the Council reigns over us. I refuse to bow to them ever again, they think I'm a new psychic, with only twenty years under my belt. If they knew who I was, they would tremble before me. I used my powers to change my features including my height, every forty to fifty years. It was one reason I said leave your loved ones behind. Because you will outlive them all," she said sadly, as tears started flowing down her cheeks.

"Michelle..." Victor started to ask.

"Go home, please," she said and vanished.

Victor closed his eyes, and his nose told him he was back home in bed. With a deep sigh, he fell into a deep sleep.


The wind started picking up as the clouds started forming over the town. By two-thirty, a full fledge snow storm had crashed over the town. Snow, rain and hail pummeled the town bringing loud thundering claps as lightning ripped through the air. Victor woke in the middle of the storm. He was watching out the skylight when a shiver ran down his back. Sitting up, he looked to his left and right and no one was there. Sliding out of the bed, he went downstairs to the front of the RV where he looked out the front of the vehicle at a town he didn't recognize. The ground in front of the RV was covered in a fine white powder. Victor was wondering how snow could be out there in the middle of summer when he noticed the black Lamborghini parked across the street, and he recognized it from the other day being chased by the police.

Steam was rising from the hood of the black car as the door slowly rose up. A foot came out, and then the rest of the body. The man stood there, he was wearing a black trench coat. He reached inside the car, and grabbed something. Victor strained to see what was in the car, and then he screamed as the man pulled Linda out of the car. With a quick move of his hands, he snapped her neck.

Victor sat up screaming, his eyes wide as he looked around. He felt movement on the bed, and looked to his left and right. Amber and Linda were sitting there looking at him. As his eyes settled onto Linda, he pulled her into him and hugged her.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.