The Psychic - Cover

The Psychic

Copyright© 2009 by Monbade

Chapter 11: Honeymoon

Mei Lee stared at her daughter, and then started walking towards them. She had to admit, her daughter was beautiful in the green dress, but that was irrelevant to the family issue.

Coming to a stop in front of her, she snarled out, "You foolish girl. This marriage will be dissolved."

"No, Mother, it won't. Now behave or leave, the choice is yours," Amber said as she held Victor's hand tightly.

"You will do as the family says, and you have been promised to Wang. If you don't go willing to his bed, you will go forced!" Mei snapped out and turned around.

"Mother Lee, Amber is my wife, now. You tell this Wang, that if he comes near her, or my family, I won't be held responsible for anything that happens," Victor said as he watched the woman walking away.

Mei turned around and was about to snap out when she was interrupted.

"Miss Lee, I suggest you and your friends leave, or I will have to arrest you all," Raymond Thomas said as he walked over.

Mei looked at the man, then turned back to her daughter, and said, "Remember this daughter. You may think you have won, but you haven't. Wang will come for you and he will not care who he hurts. So if you love these round-eyed kids, you will go willing with him, or leave with me now. The choice is yours."

Amber glanced at Victor and felt his love for her. Turning back, she looked her mother in her eyes, and replied, "Mother, I'm staying right here at Victor's side. Tell Wang if he even thinks of hurting my husband, my children or me. I will kill him, if he even takes me against my will, if he tries to touch me he will wake up a eunuch. Now leave, and let me celebrate my wedding day. Know this, Mother; you're dead to me from this day forward. Now, goodbye."

Mei stood there shaking, before she could respond, Amber turned away. Reaching out to grab her impudent daughter's shoulder, her hand was intercepted by the man named Thomas.

"I suggest you leave now or I will have to arrest you," he said.

"Fool, touch me again, and your family..."

"Mother, he is a police officer. I suggest you leave," Amber said.

Mei glared at Raymond, turned and walked out of the church, her followers following her.

"Damn, I really expected her to try something," Victor said as he watched the doors close.

"I did, too. Now, let's get going. I have the reception all ready, across town," Annabelle replied as she stepped to the side.

"Amber, Victor. Will you lead us out," Raymond said.

"With pleasure, Mister Thomas," Amber replied as she took her bouquet back.

Amber and Victor started walking towards the doors, with the guests following them. When they reached the doors, two altar boys opened the doors for them. They stepped outside, and gathered in the sunlight. Amber, Victor and their daughters walked over to the limousine that Annabelle had hired for them.


Mei

Mei stopped at their cars and looked at the church as the music started up again. Turning her head, she looked at the seventeen-year-old Phillip Ling and snapped out her orders, "I want you to follow them. Try to find out where they're going. Find out what their honeymoon plans are. Where they're planning to live. I want it yesterday; also find out what you can on those three brats. If we have to, we will send them with her to China and let Wang deal with them. As to Victor, once Amber is on the plane ... kill him. Any way you want too."

"Yes, Ma'am," Phillip said and ran for his car.

"The rest of you, keep an eye on Phillip and see that he doesn't fail me again!" Mei Lee said as she climbed into her car followed by her guards. As she settled into her seat she snapped out, "Take me to the airport."

"Yes, Ma'am," the driver replied and pulled out.

Mei was watching out the window and had to admit to herself, her daughter was gorgeous, but then her anger rose up as she looked at Victor and then they were out of sight.


Amber

Amber watched as her mother drove away, and then turned back to Victor and kissed him again.

"Smile, you two!" Annabelle said as she snapped a picture of her son and daughter in law.

They stood there and let everyone take their pictures. Finally, after forty-five minutes they started walking towards the limousine that had pulled up. Slipping inside, the girls piled in with them, as the driver closed the door.

"Where are we going now?" Amber asked.

"I don't know. Let me ask the driver," Victor replied.

"No, let him surprise us," Amber replied as she touched her new husbands arm.

"Mom, where are you going for your honeymoon? Are we going with you?" Amy asked.

"We are taking a trip up the coast, and yes, all three of you are going with us. We will rent a van and drive," Amber said as she turned and kissed Victor. The girls' giggling broke them up and they smiled at the three girls.

"You think that's funny, wait a few years when I start grilling your boyfriends on where they are taking you. Maybe I will sit at the table and clean a shotgun as I talk with them and scare them out of their socks," Victor said as he winked at Amber.

"Oh no dear, we will send them to an all girl's catholic school. One that teaches discipline with a ruler. You know, like the ones in the old movies," Amber replied as she smiled evilly at the girls.

"Yes, and I know just the one. It sits..."

"DADDY!" the three girls replied at once as the car came to a stop outside The Gold Hill Hotel.

The driver had the door open in seconds, and passed the girls out first. Victor climbed out and then driver helped Amber climb out and passed her off to her new husband.

"Congratulations to the both of you. May you have a long and happy marriage," the driver said as he closed the door.

"Thank you," Victor said and pulled several twenties from his pocket and handed them to him.

"You're more than welcome, and thank you for the tip. Your mother has rented the Crown Point Restaurant for your dinner, and a bedroom for the both of you. I will pick the girls up at seven-thirty, and take them over to Lori Bennett's house where they will stay the night with their new grandmother," he said and then walked around to the trunk and opened it.

"Thank you..."

"Bob, or Robert McGill. Now congratulations and enjoy your evening," he said as he tipped his hat and walked to the hotel with Amber and Victor's bags.

Victor and Amber followed the driver into the hotel with the girls. As Amber entered the hotel, people stopped and stared at the girl as she led the three children to the desk. They signed in, and received their key, which Victor slipped into his pocket. The bags were whisked away, and they went into the restaurant.

"Ladies and Gentleman, I would like to introduce you to Mister Victor and Amber Adams and their three adopted children, Lisa, Amy and Cindy Adams," said the man in the uniform of a Brigadier General from the Union Army.

Victor had jumped when Raymond Thomas shouted out. Glaring at the deputy sheriff, Victor took Amber's arm and walked across the room to his mother who was talking to a man who looked like James Bennett, Lori's husband.

"Hi mom," Victor said as they walked up.

"Hi honey. Amber, Victor, I want you to meet Howard Bennett. I dated him in high school before I met your father. Howard just retired from the Marine Corps and is now a deputy sheriff, like his brother," Annabelle said as she looked up into his face.

'I think mom likes him, ' Victor thought to Amber, as he shook the man's hand.

'She does, you can see it in her face, ' Amber replied as she accepted his kiss on her cheek.

'I wonder... '

'Wonder what?' Amber asked as Annabelle started talking again.

'Later, ' Victor said.

"Victor, Amber, you two sit here. Lisa, Amy, and Cindy, you are sitting at this table, with Sassy. I will sit next to you, Victor, and Mister Thomas is going to be sitting on Amber's left..."

"Hey, Victor! Amber, congrats, you two," Seventeen year old Michelle Hays said as she walked over and kissed her school friends.

"Michelle, Ricky, thanks for coming, but who told you we were getting married?" Victor asked as Michelle's boyfriend and high school quarterback walked over.

"Your mom, you idiot. Shesh, I have known you for ten years and you never said you were in love with the Goth queen," Ricky Cruiser said as he kissed Amber on her cheek and then added, "How do you like the room?"

"The room looks great; I gather Michelle and the attack squad did the decorations?" Victor said as he looked over at the table with the high school cheerleading team sitting at it.

"Damn right. Your mom called us yesterday morning, and wired us five hundred dollars and told us to get our assess up here, for you and Amber. So we gathered the girls after talking to our parents, and drove up. We started last night and worked until midnight. The Sherriff had us bedded down at the impound lot in some RVs that were confiscated in a drug bust. You should see some of those RVs they are like miniature homes. Then this morning we did some more decorating and then after the wedding we slipped over here to surprise you and Amber," Ricky replied.

"Thank you, thank you all for what you have done for us," Amber said as she kissed Ricky.

Ricky blushed, and mumbled a welcome as his girlfriend pulled him back to their table. Amber pulled Victor to the main table and they sat down. For the next three and a half hours, they danced, ate and enjoyed themselves. Then it was time to throw the wedding bouquet. Amber gathered everyone and then pushed Annabelle into the group.

"You all ready?" Amber said as she turned around.

Closing her eyes, she whispered to herself, "Let mother Adams catch it, please!" With a quick breath, she threw the bouquet over her head and whispered, "Please!" several times.


Annabelle

Annabelle watched her new daughter tense up. 'I don't need to catch it, let one of the girls catch it, ' she said as the flowers went up into the air and then seemed to hover for a second. Why, she didn't know, but she raised her arms and the flowers seemed to settle into her open fingers. A cheer went up among all the women and crowded around her to congratulate her.

When they separated, the men gathered as Victor sat Amber down and reached up her dress as she sat there blushing. Victor lowered his hands, pulling the garter belt down and out. The men were whistling behind him as he stood up and turned around. During dinner, he had read Howard's mind and found out, he had lost his wife of twenty-years last year to cancer. He was raising his fifteen-year-old daughter on his own, and he was very lonely.

"Gentlemen, are we ready?" Victor asked.

"Just throw the thing," Ricky shouted.

"Ok," Victor said and looked at Howard Bennett and placed him in his mind. Turning back around, he looked down at the garter belt and used his power of levitation on the thin cloth. Closing his eyes, he tossed it over his shoulder, and it flew high up into the air. It floated down right onto Howard's up stretched fingers, and he snatched it out of the air.

"GOT IT!" he shouted out.

"Yes, you do. You know what that means, don't you?" Victor said as he congratulated him.

"What?" Howard asked.

"It means you have to marry my mom," Victor said with a smirk, as he walked away leaving a stunned Annabelle and Howard standing there.

Victor stopped as he felt hate being directed at him, and he turned towards it. Standing in the doorway was an oriental man about six feet tall. His black hair was in a ponytail, and he was talking to another man. Besides both of them was Amber's mother. With a sigh, he started walking over to them and came to a stop about three feet from them.

"Can I help you?" Victor said.

"Don't get used to it, kid. She is going to be mine," the man said.

"You must be Wanger. I advise you to leave. There are half dozen police officers here, and we don't want trouble," Victor said.

"Its Jung Wang and you have trouble. You took what isn't yours. You touch her tonight and we will kill your whole family, right down to your pet goldfish in your sister's bedroom," Jung said as he clenched his fist.

"Go away, Jungbug. You mess with me and you will regret it. I have powers that you could only dream of," Victor snarled, and then he was gasping as a fist hit him in the chest.

Victor staggered back and went over a table. Before he could get up, he heard a cry and glanced up. The man who had been standing beside Wang was coming down towards him with his feet pointed at his chest. Victor tensed his chest, as the man hit him, he was suddenly screaming as Victor's powers hurled him away from him. Climbing to his feet Victor looked at the man lying on the floor holding his left leg. Turning he started to walk over to Wang and Miss Lee, but was stopped by Sherriff Thomas.

"Victor, let me handle this. Why don't you and Amber go on up to bed, it's getting late," he said and walked over to the two in the doorway. Flanking him was his son-in-law James and Howard.

Victor walked over to Amber, and he took her hand in his as Annabelle led their daughters and Sassy out the side door. "Come on, let's let the police handle it and we can go to bed," Victor said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.