The Psychic
Chapter 5: Attempt

Copyright© 2009 by Monbade

San Francisco St. Regis hotel

Amber

They took the elevator up to the sixth floor. Amber followed the bellhop down to her room. As he opened the door, she pulled a five out of her pocket. Handing it to him she said, "Sorry, it's all I have until I can get to the bank."

"That's ok, Miss, you have a good night," he said closing the door behind him.

Amber looked around the room and frowned. She then walked over to the phone, picked it up, and pressed some numbers. She called down to the desk, and said, "This is Amber Lee in room 605. Can I have a manager come to my room?"

"Yes, Ma'am, I will have him come right up."

"Thank you," she replied as she stood by her luggage. Five minutes later, there was a knock on her door, and she walked over and opened it. She smiled at the man from the desk.

"You said something is wrong?" Mark Lesson asked.

"Yes, I made a second reservation for a different room. I would like to transfer to that room," Amber replied.

"I see and is there something wrong with this room?" he asked.

"No, nothing is wrong. But I did it for a reason. I don't want my name on the second room. The reason is my mom wants me to go to China and marry a man I have never met. I'm an emancipated adult and she cannot force me, but others in my family will try and force it. So I need the second room to hide in," she replied.

"I think I understand, and I can help you with that. Do you want the same floor?" he asked.

"No, a different floor," Amber replied.

"Ok, give me ten minutes, and I'll be back," he said and left the room.

Amber sat by the phone and started to pick it up, but put it back. "No, can't call him yet," she said. Getting up, she walked to the window and then went into the bedroom. Going to the bed, she took the pillows and made it as if someone was sleeping in the bed. Then she drew the curtains tight and walked to the door. Shutting the light off, she looked at the bed and then went to her suitcase. Opening it, she pulled out a black wig and went into the bathroom. Taking a roll of toilet paper, she walked back to the bed and tucked it under the blanket with some of the hair sticking out. She then turned the TV on low and the light of the screen flashed on the bed.

She went back to the door, turned and looked at the bed, "Perfect," she said and closed the bedroom door.

Closing the suitcase, she readied everything by the door. "Come on," Amber snapped as she looked out the peephole and saw a man in a dark suit looking around. Something raised the hair on her neck, and she watched him closely as he came towards her door. Going to her case, she opened it and pulled out her baton that she had bought months ago at a street fair. Going back to the door, she checked, and she saw him opening a slim case, so she shut the lights off and hid in the closet.

She listened closely and heard the door lock unlock, and she held her breath as the door opened. 'How? They are electronic locks, ' she thought. She was watching threw a crack in the door, and watched as a flash light came on and shined around the room. She could see what looked like a gun in one hand as he moved to the bedroom door. He listened and could hear the TV going, and then he cracked it and looked into the room.

She heard a 'Putt' and then the man put the gun in his waist band. Sneaking out of the closet, Amber walked up behind him and said, "Boo!"

The man jumped and started to turn around as Amber brought the club down on his head. He hit the ground like a sack of potatoes. Amber quickly searched him and removed his wallet, cell phone, the gun, and a small case from his jacket pocket. She then removed a money clip full of money, some change, some cuffs, and another small package and the dart gun. Stashing everything in her bags, she then dragged the man into her bathroom and stripped him down and tied him up with his shirt and pants.

Amber carried everything out to her bags and put everything away but the wallet. She was about to open it when there was a knock at the door, so she stuck the wallet in her pocket and peeked out the peephole and saw the manager. Opening the door she smiled at the man.

"Miss Lee, I have another room for you. If you would like, I will get one of your bags for you?" Mark asked.

"Thank you," Amber replied as she pulled the first bag with her tote bags hanging on it. Stepping out of the room, she hung the 'do not disturbed' sign on the door knob.

Mark grabbed the second bag and dragged it to the elevator after closing and locking the door. Reaching the elevator, Mark inserted his key and opened the door. They stepped inside, and he restarted the elevator and pressed the button for the ninth floor.


San Francisco Victor's home

Victor was sleeping soundly on the couch when the doorbell started going off as if the devil was chasing it. Rolling off the couch as the lights came on in the room; Victor looked at his mom and said, "Who is that?"

"I don't know, but I am going to find out," Annabelle said as she picked up the baseball bat and walked to the door.

"AMBER, GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE!" shouted a voice from the other side.

"That's Amber's mom," Victor said as he opened the door.

"WHERE IS SHE?" Mei snapped as she pushed her way into the apartment.

"She went with you," Victor replied in surprise.

"She not there, she leave. Note says she marry you! Where is she?" Mei said as she started talking fast.

"Look, Amber is not here. Now lower your voice before you wake the children," Annabelle said.

"Like I care. I want my daughter. Now get her out here!"

"She's not here. Now please leave," Victor said as he tried to guide her out of the apartment.

Victor shook his head and rolled over. "How did I get out here in the hallway?" he said as he looked at his front door. His mother was standing there with her hand in her mouth in shock.

"What happened?" he asked as he got to his feet.

"She threw you!" Annabelle said as she looked behind her as Mei came out into the hallway.

"She what?" Victor asked in surprise.

"I throw you; now tell me where daughter is? Or!" Mei replied leaving the threat hanging.

"Miss Lee, I don't know where your daughter is. I ... we were all sleeping until you showed up ringing the doorbell. The last time I saw Amber was right here with you. You two left together. Now please leave," Victor said.

"Daughter call, you call me or else," Mei snapped as she stomped out of the apartment.

Victor closed the door and locked it. Turning to his mother, he scratched his head and said, "I wonder what the hell is going on."

"I don't know, but we will deal with it in the morning. Go back to bed," Annabelle said as she locked the door.

Victor walked back to the couch, and saw the girls looking out his bedroom door. "Back to bed girls," he said.

"Ok, daddy," the three girls replied and closed the door.

Victor lay down on the couch and threw the blanket over his body as his mom shut the light off.

"Night Victor," Annabelle said as she walked down the hall.

"Night mom," he replied as he closed his eyes. Victor started concentrate on his love and he felt her in the city. 'Amber what is going on?' he sent to her.

'Victor, my mom is planning to take me to China to marry a man I don't know. I ran away, I have my papers. Can you and your mom meet me at the court house to get our marriage papers? We must be married by tomorrow night.'

'I don't think we can do it that fast. I think it's a three day waiting period for the state, ' Victor replied.

'Shit! Then we will have to go to Nevada. It's the only thing we can do!'

'Can we get married there?' he asked.

'Checking now ... yes as long as your mother says you can. We will need a notarized letter.'

'I think we can get that. But how will we get there?' Victor asked.

'I will rent a car, and we drive. We will need a big car for all of us, ' she replied.

'Ok, I will ask mother in the morning. I love you, ' Victor said.

'Love you too, now sleep, and worry not for me, ' Amber replied and felt Victor laugh.

'What's so funny?' she asked.

'I worry about you because I love you... '

'How so disgusting. Love! Love is a weak link that is to be exploited. I will kill you for what you have cost me Victor Adams. When I am done with you, you will watch as your family is sent to the Middle East to be slaves. I will use your sister like the slut she will become when I am done with her. Maybe I will even make a snuff film of her. What do you think of that?' a third voice suddenly snapped into the link they had.

'YOU TOUCH THEM AND I WILL KILL YOU!' Victor replied in angry thoughts as he sat up.

Victor sat there shaking in fear; sweat was running down his body as he scrambled to his feet. Running towards the door, he grabbed a chair and wedged it under the knob as he looked out the peephole.

Laughter filled Victor's mind and he pressed his palms of his hands against his ears. 'You think just because you yell at me, you can get rid of me? When I am done with you, you will lick my foot for mercy before I kill you!'

'I don't think so. GET OUT OF MY MIND, ' Victor thought.

"Like this Victor," a voice said from behind him and he whirled around to see a woman standing there.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"A psychic like you. Now let me touch your head and help you," she said.

Victor nodded his head; he could feel his brain hurting. It felt like someone was taking a hammer and hitting him on the head. "Please!" he said with tears in his eyes.

Michele Garret reached out and placed her hands on each side of his forehead and erected shields in his mind. "Do you see how I did it?" she asked.

Victor watched with his mind, and saw how she used her energy to encase his mind in a spiral like shield. "Yes, I do," he replied.

"Then copy it and do it. You must teach all the ones you love to do the same or he will take control of them. His name is Jason Fuller and he wants you dead. A war is coming, between the ones who use their powers for good, and ones who use their powers for evil. Good must achieve the victory or the world will become their playthings. To be used for whatever they want to use them for. Now I must go, before the bounty hunters come for me. Be careful on how you use your powers, and congratulations, get some sleep," Michele said as she opened a gate and vanished.

"Who was that?" Victor said as he walked back to the couch and laid down.


San Francisco St. Regis hotel

Amber sat at the desk in the hotel room. She had hooked up her laptop as she examined the stuff taken from the man who tried to kidnap her. She had laid out all the items she took off the man. She was surprised when she opened the small case and pulled out a card attached to a micro computer, in the folds of the sleeves. There were forty cards that were numbered inside. Picking up the man's wallet, she pulled everything out of it and started examining it.

"Henry Wade, age twenty, black hair, blue eyes, six feet tall, and if you weight one hundred and seventy pounds, then I weight three hundred. Now why were you trying to kidnap me again," Amber said as she set the license down. Picking up the cell phone, she scanned the numbers in the memory and saw the last number and hit dial.

The phone rang four times, and then it was picked up with a voice saying, "You're late. Did you get her?"

Amber felt fear go through her as she closed the phone, and she started shaking in fear. "God no! Not him!" she cried out as she set the phone down. She jumped when the phone rang, and she flipped it over and pulled the battery out.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" Amanda screamed out. Getting up, she started pacing the room. Stopping she looked at the phone and walked back to it. Sitting down, she put the battery back in and the phone rang again.

Opening it, she heard, "Look you dick head, don't hang up on me again, or I will kill you! Now did you get the girls?"

"No he didn't get us, and he never will. I am going to..."

The phone went dead as Amber was telling him off, and she smiled as she closed the phone and pulled the battery again. She finished going through everything and then hooked the micro computer up to hers. She started scrolling through the stored files and finally stopped on one. She grinned when she found a name in the list of people the guy had been ripping off.

"Got you, asshole," Amber said.

Putting everything she needed into her purse, she got up and went to her luggage, and changed clothes. Wearing black pants, and shirt, she put on her tennis shoes and grabbed a hat. She also grabbed a ski mask, and slipped that into her purse. Digging through her bags, she found a can of shaving cream as well as her gloves. With everything she needed, she picked up her room key and walked to the door and looked out. Seeing it was clear, she opened the door and listened. She could hear a TV running, but no one talking.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.