The Psychic - Cover

The Psychic

Copyright© 2009 by Monbade

Chapter 4: Going Home

San Francisco Memorial Hospital

Victor

Lidia backed away from the apparition in fear and then turned and ran into the bathroom. When the door closed, the apparition started laughing and then looked at the two policemen. "Leave my children alone, or I will be back for you!" she said and vanished.

"What the fuck was that?" Officer James Betman asked.

"I don't know, but I think we should do what it wants. I would hate to have it come back," Victor replied as he sat up in his bed.

"I don't know about Matt here, but I'm game," James said as he helped his friend up.

The bathroom door opened an inch. Lidia looked out of the bathroom and then ran to the hall door.

Everyone watched as the woman left the room, her hair was sticking out in every direction, as if she had been electrocuted.

"Her hair was funny daddy!" Amy Holt said as she cuddled into Victor.

"It's not nice to make fun of people and your mom really scared her. Now which one are you?" Victor asked.

"I'm Amy, and that's Cindy and Lisa," she said as she pointed at her sisters.

"Hello girls, we must find out what we are going to do. Even though your mom says she wants us ... I mean Amber and I, to take care of you. The law may say differently. Remember, we are not blood. Your blood family may want you..."

"We don't know who they are. We never met our grandparents, I think they are dead," Lisa said where she was being held by Amber.

"Well Lisa, I didn't know that. But still we must see what the courts will say," Victor replied as a sharp pain radiated from his chest, and he closed his eyes.

"Are you ok?" Amber asked with concern in her voice.

"I will be," he said as he let his breath out.

"I will get the doctor, and some scrubs for the girls to wear," Linda said and left the room.

Pain was radiating through Victor's shoulder. It was so bad, that it was like someone was digging a knife into the wound. With a gasp, his hand hit the bulging wound, and he snapped out, "Stop hurting!"

There was a sizzling in the air, and the smell of lilacs flooded the room as a burning pain shot through Victor's shoulder, and he screamed in agony as his body started thrashing in the bed. He sat up, and then collapsed back onto the bed. Sweat was running down his face, his hair was damp, and he lay there gasping as the monitor went ballistic. The alarms were sounding and the sound of running feet came to the room.

The door flew open and Victor's doctor ran in. Seeing everyone around the bed, he pushed his way through to check on his patient. He saw Victor laying on his bed, sweat running down his face and asked, "What happened?" as he checked him over.

"We are not sure, he said his shoulder was hurting, and then he screamed and passed out," Annabelle said.

"Well let me check it and who lit the incense in here?" he asked as he reached for Victor's shoulder to examine the wound.

"WHAT THE HELL!" he said when he saw what should have been a healing wound was pink skin.

Annabelle watched the doctor and then asked, "What's wrong doctor?"

"His wound is healed. How I don't know, but I need to run some tests to find out why," he said as he turned to his medical staff and started issuing orders as they went out of the room.

Victor woke up and felt fine; he moved his shoulder in a circle. The pain was gone, his eye didn't hurt, but he still couldn't see out of it. Sitting up, he swung his legs over the side just as Linda and the doctor came in. He was saying things like cat scans, blood work, a spinal tap and Victor shivered. While the doctor was ordering Victor around, Linda was helping the girls into some scrubs to wear.

"Lay back down Mister Adams, I have some more tests to run," Doctor Mike Hessian ordered.

"I'm fine, I want to leave," Victor replied.

"Sorry, not happening. Now lay down," he said just as the door opened and another man came in and started setting up his equipment to take the blood draws from the boy.

"I said no and I mean it," Victor said as he stood up.

"Sit back down young man, you're not going anywhere," Mike replied.

"Your services are no longer required," Annabelle said as she reached out to grab the man's arm.

"Officers, clear this room. The only one I want in here are the medical staff and the patient," he ordered.

"You will not. That is my son ... LET GO OF ME!" Annabelle cried out as she was dragged out of the room.

"Let go of my mom!" Victor said as he jumped off the bed.

The doctor tried to grab the young boy and cried out in pain as Amber grabbed his ear and started twisting it.

"Let my fiancée alone or so help me, I will rip it off!" Amber screamed out.

Amber hit the wall near the bathroom as the doctor turned and hurled her away from him. Before he could turn; the doctor followed her as Victor threw him through the bathroom door and into the shower stall.

Victor grabbed his clothes and started pulling them on as the policemen were arguing with his mom. Turning he looked at Linda and said, "Unhook me!"

Linda rushed over and pulled the IV out of her master's arm. She was reaching for a Band-Aid when the wound healed itself before her eyes. "How?" she asked as she put the Band-Aid away.

"I don't know my little slave. Now hand me my shoes," he replied as he finished pulling his socks on.

Amber was leaning against the door, holding it closed while Victor dressed. "Hurry, can't hold him long!" she gasped out as the doctor hit the door again.

Pulling his last shoe on, Victor quickly tied it and then picked up the shirt with the bat signal on it and jumped off the bed. Going to the door, he held it as he said, "Get out in the hall with our daughters."

Amber walked to the door, and went outside. She held the door open for Victor as he pulled the door inward and the doctor hit the floor again.

Victor let the door go and walked out of the room. They started walking down the hall where the police were detaining his mother. "Amber, get the elevator," he said as he walked over to his mom and the girls.

"Let go of me!" Annabelle said in anger.

"Ma'am, calm down," Officer James Betman replied as he released her arm.

"Come on mom, let's blow this Popsicle stand. Girls, go to the elevator," Victor said as he picked up one of his daughters.

"Stop him!" Doctor Mike Hessian snarled from the doorway.

"Look, he can't keep me here if I don't want to stay. Now I'm leaving, if he touches any of us, I want him arrested for assault!" Victor said as he looked at the cops.

"You're right, but you shouldn't leave unless the doctor says you can," James replied.

"I know, but since that idiot has been assigned as my doctor, I'm leaving. I'm not doing those tests, and he cannot make me," I said.

"You're not going anywhere. I want to know why those wounds on you healed in hours which should have taken weeks, and you're going to tell me," he snarled out as he reached for the boys arm.

"Sir, you're going to have to leave him alone. He has said he is leaving, which he legally can. Now please walk away or I will have to arrest you," James said as he stepped between them.

While the cop was dealing with the doctor, Victor walked to the elevator with his family. Stepping into the elevator, they descended to the ground floor.

They walked out the main doors and across to Annabelle's old Voyager van and climbed inside. As they drove to the exit, there was a line of ambulances from the ER to the road waiting to unload their passengers. They quickly left the logistics nightmare behind them as they drove uptown to Victors home. They pulled into the parking space of the ten story condo unit and went up to Victors home.

"Mom, we'd better call Miss Lee and let her know that Amber is here, and needs clothes," Victor said as they entered the apartment.

"I will do so right now," Annabelle said as she walked into the kitchen and over to the phone. Pulling out the directory, she checked it for Amber's phone number. She quickly dialed the number as her son led the girls into the living room.


In the living room of the Adams home Victor led the triplets into the room and over to the bathroom. "Girls, I want you to each take a bath, and then get some sleep. I will set my bed up so you can all sleep in it. Sassy, do you still have that new package of underwear; I bought you that were too big?" Victor asked.

"Yes, I do, I will go get it and some of your t-shirts. Those should do for night clothes for tonight," Sassy said as she went into her bedroom.

"Ok, daddy," the triplets replied.

"I will help them lover," Amber said as she led the girls into the bathroom.

"Ok, I will make my bed for them," Victor replied and went to the closet. He grabbed some clean sheets, pillow cases, and a new blanket. Going into his room, he stripped the bedding off, and quickly made it with the clean linen. Looking around his room, he started picking up his clothes and dumping them into the hamper to wash.

Sassy walked into the room, she had three of her large Care Bears in her arms. Victor watched as she laid them on the pillows, and he asked, "What are those for?"

"For those girls, I thought they might like a bear to cuddle," she replied.

Victor sat down at his desk and patted his knee, "come her Sasha," he said.

Sasha walked over and Victor picked her up and set her on his knee. "My little Sasha, you are a dream for a sister. You'd bend over backwards to help a person. Wouldn't you?" he asked as he hugged her.

"You butt munch! I saw the booboos on them, they need a friend. I may be younger than them, but I'm not stupid, like some, I know!" she replied.

"Stupid?" Victor asked.

"Yes, stupid, I knew how Amber felt about you last year, and it took you almost dying to see it. Sometimes big brother, you can be a rock to lean on, and other times a softy. But when it comes to females, you're a dud," she replied as she hugged him.

"A dud huh! Well, I guess I could be," Victor replied as one of the twins came in. Clutched in her hand was a brush, comb and hairdryer.

"Daddy, mommy says you have to brush my hair out," Lisa said.

Victor helped Sasha off his lap and let Lisa sit on his lap. He took the comb and brush from her and started combing her hair as Sasha plugged the dryer in. While he was working on her hair, Amber was finishing up with the other two and came into the bedroom.

"Mom's here, she seems pissed off, which is nothing new," she said as she started working on Amy while Victor sent Lisa to bed and turned to Cindy. Between the two of them, they had the girls in bed thirty minutes after they got home. They finished and walked out into the living room.

"Where the fuck have you been. Just because you're becoming an emancipated child, doesn't give you the right to not call me," Mei Lee snapped at her daughter.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.