Steve and Chuck - Cover

Steve and Chuck

Copyright© 2009 by Dual Writer

Chapter 20

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 20 - Steve Sharp and Deputy Marshal Chuck Johnson are back from the vacation to Hawaii. Their lives continue but are interrupted by events close to them. (This story is best understood if you are familiar with the characters from the Vacation and Job Hunt stories that are found within the "Florida Friends" series.)

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual  

Steve

Three weeks later

Wes was sitting on an overturned bucket, staring at the right wing of the parts that Jeff's team had molded before he had been hired. He had been determined to have this bunch of parts flying within a week or two.

No such luck. He kept finding flaws in how the pieces fit together. He kept checking the blueprints that were downloaded from the internet with the finished product, and found the pre-made parts to be exact to the print. The problem was they didn't fit, or didn't fit correctly.

I walked up to Wes and asked, "What do you think, Wes, how about scrapping what we made before you came and let you design the parts yourself? Have you input the print into your design program yet?"

"Steve," Wes said, shaking his head, "When I loaded the specs into our program, some connections and joints are off by as much as an inch. I thought I could just bolt this thing together and have it in the air instantly, but if I did get it into the air, I'm afraid it would be coming down quickly."

I waved my hand at the almost constructed aircraft, "Then let's use this as a learning experience and you do the design. We'll cast parts to your specs so you can be confident of what you build."

"You're right, Steve. I've made parts fit and not just let them match together. I want what we build to be as perfect as we know how to make it. If we wanted, I would want our fuselage to be race worthy, even capable of extreme aerobatics. I've got just about everything redesigned now, I might as well just do the whole aircraft, then beg Jeff's group to mold it again."

With a smile, I said, "Let's take this contraption apart and haul it over to the fiberglass shop. We'll let them grind it up so no one will ever try to use any of it. Let's do it."

What took Wes two weeks to partially assemble, took two men two hours to tear apart. I backed my pickup into the hangar and we loaded everything into the bed without being careful of damaging the parts. We drove to the fiberglass shop and I asked Jeff where he wanted the parts.

Jeff was standing at the rear of the pickup with his hands on his hips, "You know, Wes, I thought this might end up this way. When we were measuring parts, it didn't seem as if they would fit correctly. I'm sorry you can't play with this one, but give me some good prints and I'll get you started on your own design. Besides, Mike is working on a few ways to strengthen the composite."

Wes was nodding his head, "I'm just disappointed we couldn't make something fly very quickly. I suppose that it's better that we use our own engineering instead of someone else's. Let me get to work on it and I'll bring you the prints to look at. You and I can go over the stress areas and will figure out better ways to build an airworthy aircraft."

I asked Jeff, "Do you still have those prints we bought from the biplane company before they went bankrupt?"

Jeff answered, "Sure do, I would make it out of a better material than what they used though. I know you fly the one you bought from them all the time, but I'll bet what I can build is lighter weight and would be a lot stronger."

I suggested, "Since we've committed space for some toys, how about molding the biplane for me with the better materials. We'll use Abe's bigger engine in it and see how it does. If it specs out to be too hot for an LSA experimental, we'll put the smaller engine in it. Lately the little biplane has been in the air all day Saturday and Sunday. I'll bet we could rent two biplanes if we had them."

Jeff said, "You know the guy that owned that company lives over in Zephyrhills. He's been out to the airpark a couple of times talking with Jimmy. You know he might even sell you the rights to the aircraft cheap and you could sell it in kit form if you wanted to."

"That's a thought. We would have to get prices together so Tiny can figure out what a kit would cost. Wes can tell us what all we would put into a kit. If you were to get the guy who was the original builder of the biplane to come help you, we might have a viable product. We'll have to work on price though, as a kit is going to have to be a total of about thirty to thirty-five thousand max. If we build an aircraft for about fifty then why would someone do all that work and spend thirty-five?"

Jeff said, "Wes, spend some time with me while my guys are making your new parts. We'll work on what a kit would cost. I need some more off the wall stuff for my guys. They get bored molding standard products all the time. That's for the line junkies. My guys like to create some perfect product that's also unique."

Wes said, "Steve, take me back to my office and let me work on the design. I'll stay with the air coupe right now so we can get something going. I want to work on my ideas for soundproofing the cockpit. I think it can be done easily and inexpensively."

I drove Wes back to the shop and headed home, but made a call while on the way. "Jeff, thanks for working with me and Wes. He was really down about not being able to make those parts fit. Jimmy said he looked at what he was doing and said Wes was trying to make too many square pegs fit into round holes. Jimmy said the plane would be airworthy but not what Wes really wanted for a sample. It would not have been perfect or even near perfect."

Jeff said, "No problem, Steve. I'd rather grind that thing up than have one of us crash in it. Wes seems really conscientious and appears to know what he's doing. Let's see how he does with his own specs."

Jeff paused, then said, "Oh yeah, wait until you see the new line we finished over in Italy. In order to satisfy the labor people, we actually have two lines instead of one. We won't start the second line until orders justify it, but I had to build the second one because the first eliminated too many workers. We're going to be way under budget on the carts, and should be right on target with the lifts."

"That's great, Jeff, I need to get over and see that, plus I want to see the new modifications you did in Ireland. I've heard that the place is turning out product ahead of schedule and it is all as near perfect as it can be."

Jeff said, "A lot of that is your man ramroding the show over there. He has the employees so high on your perfect slogans that they're wearing patches for building the most products without an inspection flaw."

"Anyway," I said, "thanks for working with me and Wes. Now that he has that albatross from around his neck, perhaps we can see him shine."

"He'll do alright, Steve, the man really wants to build something. Oh, I have some more test plates for you to shoot at. We've been going over various blends of epoxies and fibers for strength. Test these and let me know."

I said, "Call Abe, he's been doing the testing. He has the Sheriff's department and Tampa Police department working with him. He's been able to get them to do the actual firing while he documents the tests and records the results."

Jeff asked, "So what are you going to build when you find the right composite?"

"I'm going to propose to build the drone bodies for whoever is building the drones. We'll patent whatever composite you come up with and license it to whoever wants to pay us for it. Of course, those who just give us their specs and let us cast for them will come out ahead. Did you get the dimensions off that surplus Humvee we bought?"

"Yep," Jeff said, "We've already cast a body and it fits the frame of what they have. I know they have a new vehicle they're using, or at least introducing, so we may be a day late on this."

"That's okay, Jeff, if we can show this is a safer vehicle for the troops, they will want to use us to build the bodies for whatever they're making now. Now we have to find a way and place to try to blow the thing up like an IED would."

Jeff said, "Ask Chuck if he can arrange for some tests with ATF. Those guys are always blowing something up out at the range. If we have to, we can reserve part of the bombing range for some tests."

"Good thought, I'll ask. Meanwhile, work on shielding the engine and fuel tanks. If the product is strong enough, the shield can double as a skid plate."

"My thoughts exactly, Steve. Let's call George Henderson, the designer and former owner of the biplane company. If he can come over and work with us, we should be able to put a kit together. I'll talk to you later, Steve."

At home, I found Sue, Mercy, Kathy, and Juanita, ready for the gym. I waved them off, "I haven't had lunch yet. Let me get a little something to eat then we'll head out."

Glenda made me a sandwich and asked if I wanted her to warm up some soup, but I said the sandwich would be fine. I ate while the quartet of wives watched me impatiently. I had to ask, "What's up that you're all so anxious today? What do you girls have planned?"

They all looked at each other, then Sue said, "We have to meet Chuck's ladies after they get off work. We're taking them to a few places to look at things."

"What kind of things?" I asked.

Mercy said, "Oh you know, things for the house, some baby things. Stuff women like."

"Is this more of your strategy to get them to move out here?"

Sue rolled her eyes, but answered, "Yes, it is, but we want to show them what the architect can do and we want to run them by the houses out back."

"If Chuck and the ladies build a place, out there will that be close enough for you?"

Kathy said, "That's where Abe lives and it works out fine with him."

"You know that they have two houses now and the girls' house is probably almost done with their remodel."

Sue said, "It's been done for a week. They would rather stay with Chuck now. They got used to being with him all the time and don't want to move back to their house. They have to go over to their house for clothes and things every day, but they are more comfortable with Chuck."

I asked, "So, do you feel that if they bring up the subject to build out here, Chuck will be more willing?"

It was Mercy who said, "Chuck wouldn't mind living out here, but he's apprehensive about living out here and possibly bringing some kind of danger to us. He keeps thinking of the times he's had before. It's been a long time since he's had a problem at home now, so it may be easier to get him to move on this."

Sue said, "I had Tiny and Terrel work out a preliminary plan for where his house would be and how much space he might need. My thought would be for us to build a place on six lots put together. That way he could have a giant house with a giant garage. We can make it two-story like the girls house, but I think Chuck prefers the main quarters all on one floor. The girls would just have to figure out how they would do it."

I asked, "So are you figuring on just his five, or are you thinking there would be more."

This time Juanita said, "Chuck has to include Tina, and of course, Lisa. The other two, the sisters Lena and Tina, are only maybes. Chuck is really against a relationship with them. He thinks they're too young."

"So what about Dennis and Marie, Jan and Don, and don't forget Wanda and John?"

Kathy said, "We can build it just like his house is now or come up with an even better plan. If we need another master suite for Wanda and John, we can do that. They can keep their commune just like they have it now if they want. If John and Wanda become permanent, they may want to move back into John's place or get a new one."

"Sounds like you ladies have a lot of convincing to do yet. Come on, let's go work out."

After our workout, the girls didn't want to go to the pool, but my best friend, Glenda said for me to join her and the other ladies. When I got to the pool, Mark was there with his three women. It had been announced that he would probably be tying the knot with Caroline, but it sure seemed like Shirley and Betty paid a lot of attention to him too.

I was lucky to have so many ladies that wanted to spread oil on me. We lay in the sun and I was able to catch up on a lot of the gossip and what was happening in the park. After a good fifteen minutes on my back, and another fifteen on my front, I went into the pool to swim hard for about ten minutes.

As I was drying off, Mark asked, "How's the airplane that Wes is working on coming?"

"It isn't, Mark. The plans were off so much that Wes thought the plane might be unsafe, so we've trashed all the parts. He is going to engineer his own aircraft and have it molded. It should go fast once he has the parts he wants."

Mark said, "That's great, Steve. I'm looking forward to flying an S&S aircraft. I'll bet it's a good one."

"I hope so, Mark. Wes is building an air coupe first, then we'll see what else we might build. We are going to work on a biplane and a biplane kit for some diversification."

Mark was saying, "I'll be looking forward to flying one of them soon, Steve," when a cart came sliding up to the fence by the pool. Martin was almost running into the pool area.

"Steve, Steve, DeDe had an accident. She's down." You could see Martin was panicking.

"Where, Martin?"

"I don't know, Steve, Star just called. She said that Melbourne got a Mayday from DeDe about fifteen minutes ago. Hurry, you've got to help find her."

Glenda said, "Martin, Honey, take it easy. Steve will come right now. Let's take him home then you can go lay down. DeDe will be fine, she's a good pilot."

We rode back to the house where Beth was standing in the doorway with a concerned look on her face. She said, "I guess you should get dressed and head out to the airpark. Star is going nuts."

"Let me get dressed and I'll get out there right away. You guys have a lot to do with the kids."

Beth said, "Susan already called Sue. They will probably meet you out at the airpark."

I was dressed and on my way in five minutes. I tried to call the charter office on the way, but the lines were busy. I used my cell phone directory for the maintenance hangar and that line was busy. I called Wes' number and his new secretary answered. I asked, "Let me speak to Wes."

The lady said, "He's already in the air. He and Jimmy are both up so they can find DeDe."

I said, "This is Steve, I'll be out there in a few minutes. Go tell Star that I'm on my way."

"Yes Sir, I'll do that right now."

The drive out to the airpark is less than fifteen minutes, but it seemed like it took forever. As soon as I parked in front of the charter office, Star came running out the door. She grabbed me and hugged me crying, "Steve, Steve, we don't know where she is. I know she's a good pilot but she must have had a bad problem. She's not even answering the radio."

I asked, "Was this an instrument lesson or a beginner lesson?"

Star replied, "Beginner. She's in a 172, yours I think. It just had an inspection and everything was fine. Jimmy said he did the aircraft himself."

"Anything can happen, but don't panic. DeDe's a good pilot and if anyone can get a plane down it's her. If she had time to call in an emergency then there will be a marker for where she called in. The transponder will give us an area."

Star was shaking her head and said, "That's the problem, Steve, she wasn't showing on the screens and she declared the emergency about the time they were reacting to her not transmitting her position."

"You know the route she takes; map it for me and for whoever's in the air. Give them about where they should look."

"Steve," Star said, "I've done that. She should be between Melbourne and Sebring someplace. They do a touch and go at Melbourne then head for Sebring and then route around the bombing range."

"What are Wes and Jimmy flying?"

Star looked at me and said, "Jimmy took a 200B as it had just come in and was parked in front of the hangar. Wes took a 150 as he said he could land it nearly anywhere if he found her. There are six other aircraft out looking for her already. The helicopter guys just left on their way over there. They don't have a lot of fuel time and will probably have to refuel fairly quick."

I felt the fear of losing someone. I was also hesitant of adding to the congestion by flying another aircraft into that area. Too bad I missed the helicopter.

Over our charter radio frequency, Jimmy called, "I've got her. The plane is just short of the Sebring track. There is one person out of the plane waving. I'm wagging the wings. Wes, do you copy?"

"I'm almost there, Jimmy, how close to the track?"

Jimmy answered, "Less than a hundred yards. Land on the track. Star, call the FAA and NTSB to report the accident. I've already called for an ambulance and fire equipment. The plane looks half decent, but I'm sure it's busted up."

I grabbed the mike for the radio and said, "Wes, make sure you let us know as soon as you can."

"Will do, Steve," came Wes' voice. You could hear the strain in it.

Shortly Wes announced, "I'm going down on the track. I should be able to taxi right up to the side where they are. I can't tell whether it's DeDe or the student, but whoever is out is leaning into the aircraft."

Jimmy announced, "The helicopter is just about here and I can see emergency vehicles coming. They should be here within five minutes."

This sucked. I felt helpless that I couldn't do something, anything. All I could do was stand there and listen to the radio.

Wes announced, "I'm down and heading to the plane."

Now we had to wait. Wait for someone to get back to us about the condition of DeDe and the student. I asked Star, "Who's the student?"

"It's Zena Parks. She and Tom are both going through all the training. She's just about ready for her solo and exams. I was up in that 172 yesterday and it was fine. It was flying perfect."

My cell phone rang. When I looked at who was calling I saw it was from Wes. "Steve here."

Wes said, "Both instructor and student are alive. The student is unhurt but the instructor has a broken leg and arm. She was trying to wrestle the plane down. She said that she thinks a control cable broke. Then the engine quit and she couldn't get the plane to glide straight. She didn't break the gear but the prop is gone so the engine is probably trashed. Everything else looks good. I want to see why the engine quit and why that cable broke."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.