Harbingers - Cover

Harbingers

Copyright© 2009 by ObviousPseudonym

Chapter 2

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Running away from the elder's order to marry, two youths come across a trail of devastation. The Black has come, and with it the fall of the Kingdom. That is, unless they can bring the survivors from the burnt and ruined village the Black has passed through to the town ahead so they can stop the invasion in it's tracks.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   High Fantasy   Tear Jerker   First   Slow   Violence  

I always forget how long rituals can take to cast. Especially when incense is used. A mix of maple, wheat, rose and chilli. I fucking hate it. The maple and wheat for the effect, the rose to smell better, and the chilli to keep you awake and concentrating on what you're doing.

It's the chilli thats the real bitch. It's subtle enough that you don't notice it for about five minutes, but then it keeps getting worse and worse. My left eye was watering badly and my nose begged to be scratched. If I ever find out who came up with that idea...

I kept hoping for the wind to change direction. We were three quarters of the way around the village, and the smoke had been blowing straight into my face for the last quarter.

Meanwhile, I kept walking forward waiting for Jason and Kayley to cut runes into the soil on the boundary of the village so I could sprinkle the mix of salt, cow's milk and blood into the runes.

You see, rituals are this weird mix of habit, an item's worth, circles, runes and intention. So, if you change something then the effect is less. But, if you repeat that ritual with the difference a lot then it starts to work just as well as the original ritual.

However, some changes like changing a circle to a triangle don't work well at all. No idea why whatsoever, I got banned from testing out ideas when other people started complaining that it was having an effect on their rituals.

I can guess what you're thinking: how did they find out the first rituals? I've got no idea whatsoever. They've been lost across the Kingdom for generations, and only a few villages around us know of any rituals. The records of the original ritualers are gone forever.

But I'm rambling.

After what seemed like hours it was finally done. Daniel finished off the ritual and I stepped to the side to wash my hands and snuff some water. Never does a thing, but I always hope.

The whole village gathered round to thank us. I suffered through the congratulations, hoping to be gone as soon as possible. I found it difficult to smile and hug people knowing that I was going to be gone in a few hours.

In the end I pretended I needed a piss and managed to escape. Going back to my house I pulled out some parchment and started writing a note.

'Mum, Dad. I'm really sorry, but I'm going to Wessend. I know you and the elders keep saying that me and Jessie are perfect for each other, but it's just not going to work. We've tried and tried but just don't get on.

We'd be divorced and going to Wessend to find partners in less than a month anyway, so we're going to do this now and save time. As well as not risk killing each other.

So, me and Jessie are leaving. We should be back in less than four weeks, but if not we'll send a message with the travelling traders as they go past in three and a half weeks.

I love you.'

Hoping that would be enough I packed what I needed into a pack, and walked out the door towards the wood.


As I got to the clearing I wondering if she'd told someone she was going and whether I'd be brought back kicking and screaming or not.

Thankfully, she was already there. Unfortunately, she was on me as soon as I got there.

'Finally!' she started, her hands thrown up in disgust. 'Where the hell have you been?'

With my eyes and nose still aching from chilli, I was in no mood for this. 'Shut up will you. I've only just managed to get away.'

'Don't tell me to shut up. I've been waiting here ten minutes for you.'

Unable to find words, I just snarled a moment. 'Look, can we try and be reasonable?'

Pausing, she stopped and did the calming ritual. 'I'm sorry, I'm just a bit nervous.'

'Me too. I've been away but not this far.'

We shared a companionable look, before we both looked away embarrassed. I quickly changed the subject. 'Okay, so, we've got everything? Food, bows, some trade goods, bedding and so on?'

'Uh huh. We're good.'

Nodding to myself, I pulled the pack onto my shoulders, stretched my muscles slightly and inclined my head to the north. 'Shall we?'

We started walking, moving at a trot between the trees where there wasn't enough light for large undergrowth, and at a quick walk one behind the other between large bushes.

After about an hour we came to the large area of brambles and nettles around the old ruins. According to the village legends it was where the Ever-Living used to live before they all went west. But, since they were used as a general threat to get children to be good I never did hold much belief in all that. Especially since no one outside the village had ever heard of them.

We stopped and tied on our bramble-bashers- our shin guards to protect our legs, and had a drink. We'd been strangely silent while walking, but now out of the corner of my eye I could see Jessie hesitantly glancing at me, about to say something.

'Yeah? You want something?' I bluntly asked.

'No, no. Well, I'm not sure whether or not you're being, well, a dick about it and not telling me which way we're going or you just haven't told me. It's not some secret is it?'

I grinned, tempted to just agree that it is a secret and go on. But then I reminded myself that I was trying to be sensible about it. I hate sensible at times. But before I could tell her she started again.

'Oh, you're grinning. You are gonna be a dick. Well, fuck you too.'

Chuckling, I just shook my head. 'Well, I was tempted to, but I really just forgot to tell you. We're going straight north past Newham over by the border. Then we'll go east along the road to Wessend. We should be by the road day after tomorrow, then two days along the road to Wessend.'

Put out, she stopped, embarrassed. 'Well, thats ... fine then. I just wanted to know.' She looked away and I thought I could hear her whisper 'Sorry for going off on you like that.'

Shrugging, I stood up and tested the bramble-bashers by kicking at some brambles. They worked well, and I couldn't feel the thorns, but could only feel them pulling slightly at my leg. Satisfied, I pulled on my pack and got ready to go.

'So, ' started Jessie in a suddenly self-satisfied tone, the one she always had when she'd beaten me or gotten something when I hadn't. 'You've been this way before, then?'

'Yeah, me and Daniel came along here last winter to Newham to pick up some ink, and barter for a plow.'

'Last winter, eh. You realise it's summer now?'

'And?'

'Brambles are smallest in winter.'

I stopped, aghast. Looking ahead, I could see some patches up to my waist and a couple going higher. The bramble-bashers weren't going to be enough.

I could feel the smirk on Jessie's face as she said 'By the way, you're going first.'


Brambles hurt like fuck.

Well, it depends. As long as you focus on where you're going, its fine, but as soon as you stop or you think about it, they hurt.

I mean, how the fuck do you get thorns in your back while you walk forward? And are wearing a pack?

We'd managed to get past the bramble patch, but it had taken a whole lot longer than I expected. The mile or so width of brambles and nettles had taken nearly an hour instead of the quarter of an hour I expected.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.