Two Hearts - Cover

Two Hearts

Copyright© 2009 by J. Smith

Chapter 8

"Revival of the purple dragon."

Maya flew with great speed towards her helpless village, intent on burning it to cinders, her gigantic wings spread wide across the star littered sky, blackening out the ethereal moon.

Slowly, at first, small lights could be seen in the distance, but they rapidly grew closer and brighter. They were the torch lights of her village, burning in the darkness like a thousand fallen stars.

Maya allowed a thunderous roar to escape her throat, echoing through the night sky and shaking the ground beneath her. She swooped low towards the village, gathering a ball of flame within her enormous lungs.

In a flash she released the tremendous burning nova towards the helpless village. Small shouts of warning could be heard coming from the sentries posted at the outskirts of the village, but they were not fast enough, like a volcano erupting its magma, a section of the village burst into searing red flames, destroying home and homeowner alike.

Screams of panic and fear rose into the night sky, allowing Maya to know that the buildings she had burned were indeed occupied. Maya roared again, swooping down to the village to rip into the ningen's there with her claws and teeth.

--Elsewhere--

Elisana started, she had been discussing the clans Festival of Adulthood with Saria, when she felt a great pain in her temple and her longtime friend Kala burst into the room. Kala was out of breath and was obviously frightened.

"Kala? What's wrong?" Elisana asked, rubbing her temple to relieve some of the pain.

"It's Maya! She's attacking her village!" Kala cried.

"NANI!" Both Saria and Elisana said at once.

"She changed into her full dragon form and started burning her village and slaughtering the villagers." Kala said.

"Why would she do something like that?" Saria asked.

"I don't know, but the elder wants us to go stop her." Kala said.

Elisana stared at her friend in stunned disbelief. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her own little sister, rampaging and destroying her village. It couldn't be true. Elisana ran a clawed hand threw her long copper hair.

"Are you sure it's Maya?" She asked Kala.

Kala nodded. She hadn't wanted to believe it herself, but she knew the elder wouldn't lie about something like this.

"We have to go stop her before she kills anymore innocent people!" Kala said.

Elisana nodded grimly, "Right, Kala, you come with me to Maya's village. Saria, you stay here and make sure that none of the other dragons try to come after us, especially the young ones. We don't need them getting in our way."

Saria nodded and left to join the elder and the rest of the clan in the festival area. Elisana turned back to her friend, she nodded slowly and without a word the two left to stop Maya in her deadly rampage.

Elisana and Kala flew as fast as their wings would carry them, in the direction of Maya's village. It didn't take them long to see the orange glow from the fires Maya had ignited. They could see her up ahead, her enormous dragon form loomed in the distance, her wide spread wings blocking out the moon and the stars.

"We can't beat her in these forms!" Kala called back to Elisana as they flew at top speed.

"Yes I know, but from the looks of it, it isn't going to matter which form we take, I think we are going to have to kill her!" Elisana replied, not allowing her emotions to come out in her voice or to show on her face.

"Maybe not! If I transform and keep her busy, you may be able to seal her without having to kill her!" Kala called.

"It's too dangerous, there is a good chance that you could get hurt or worse!"

"I'll have to take that chance, I'm not just going to kill Maya, she's like my little sister too!" Kala said.

"Alright, we'll try it, but if it gets to dangerous, I want you to pull back and then the two of us will finish this!" Elisana said.

"Right!"

Kala flew ahead and began to change. Her enormous dragon form began to emerge, dark sapphire blue scales spread across her body as her wings expanded and grew small spikes along the upper joints. Her teeth elongated and protruded from her lips, the point of each dagger-like fang turning a blood red. Two horns grew from her head. Swept back, along her jaw line a row of spikes. A long spiked tail burst from the base of her spine, swinging back and forth in angry arcs. Her face elongated into the muzzle of a serpent, and her claws extended into gouging weapons of death.

Her transformation complete, Kala sped towards Maya at astonishing speed, her claws held outward. She struck the side of the rampaging dragoness, snarling and biting at Maya's scaled neck.

Maya roared in anger and pain as blood flowed freely from the wounds Kala's claws had made in her side. Maya's amethyst eyes narrowed into deadly slits, she swung her spiked tail in an arc around her wounded side, striking Kala in the side of the head, causing a huge gash to appear across the side of Kala's face.

Kala roared in pain and stumbled back, trying not to step on any villagers that might still be nearby.

A deep growl rumbled from Kala's throat as she pulled air into her second set of lungs, feeling the biting chill of the icy blast that formed in her throat.

Kala roared as she released the blast towards Maya with a violent jerk of her head. The blue and white swirling ball of ice and frost struck Maya in her left hind leg, freezing the purple scales and making several of them crack or shatter completely.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.