Two Hearts
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2009 by J. Smith

"One undead miko + One arrow of hatred = Disaster."

Inu Yasha had just finished off the last of the weak youkai that had attacked, and was now sheathing his Tetsuaiga. He didn't have time for this. He had to find Kagome. Turning back to the others he observed the confused looks on their faces. Looks that were directed at HIM.

"What?"

Sango and Miroku exchanged a glance before turning back to their Hanyo friend. They weren't to sure what it was they were seeing.

"Um, Inu Yasha? What's wrong with your shoulder?" Sango asked.

Inu Yasha blinked, then looked down at his right shoulder, the one that was broken. A sigh escaped his lips.

"It's broken." Was all he said before turning to leave.

The others followed him. They were worried, but knew better then to press Inu Yasha with questions.

'Besides, finding Kagome-chan's more important right now.' Sango thought to herself.

The group took off in the direction they thought they came from. To many things didn't make sense to them. They needed to find Kagome, NOW.

--The Cave--

Kagome's heart felt so light and happy. For once someone had said that she wasn't like Kikyo! That she was better! Kagome turned and smiled at her new guardian.

"Elisana? Is it all right if we go out for a walk? I would like some fresh air!" Kagome asked.

"Of course. Saria, would you transform please."

Saria nodded and once again turned into the gigantic green bird that Kagome had first seen. Kagome and Elisana followed Saria to the rocky ledge outside. Saria turned his head to look at the women.

"Climb on my back." He said.

Kagome and Elisana pulled themselves onto Saria's back and held on to his feathers as his enormous wings began to flap. Saria leapt from the ledge and soared out of the foggy mist of the gorge, the sky hung bright blue above them. Clear and beautiful. The wind from Saria's wings stirring both of the women's hair. Elisana's own wings were folded tightly against her back to avoid causing any resistance to the wind. Kagome turned and looked back at Elisana.

"Elisana, is it alright if Saria takes us to a certain place?"

"Were would you like to go?" Elisana responded.

Kagome thought for a moment. There weren't to many places she knew by heart in the feudal era. Then a smile touched her face.

"I would like to go visit a very special tree." She said.

It only took them a few minutes to reach the sacred tree. Though it would have been sooner, but Kagome had a hard time giving directions from up in the air. Saria was too large to fit between the trees in his bird form, so Elisana held Kagome around the waist, and opening her draconic wings, the two descended gently to the ground. Saria followed shortly after, now in his own humanoid form. Kagome walked to the sacred tree and placed her hands on the smooth bark. Her fingers glided gently over the scar where the arrow, that had pined Inu Yasha, was once imbedded.

'Kikyo's arrow.' Kagome thought to herself. 'Strange, before, I always felt sad when I thought about what had transpired between Inu Yasha and Kikyo 50 years ago. But now, I feel calm, almost ... uncaring?'

Kagome shook those thoughts from her mind. Of course she cared. Inu Yasha and Kikyo were both a part of her. She loved Inu Yasha, and even all of the things Kikyo had done, didn't make Kagome hate her. Kagome turned to see Elisana standing beside her. The dragoness placed her hand on the scar in the tree.

"This is the place you meet the Hanyo, is it not?"

"Yes." Kagome said simply.

This place was special to her. Not just because it was were she meet Inu Yasha, but also because she had grown up knowing this tree, and many times, this tree was where she and Inu Yasha were able to talk to each other. Always protected under it's wide spread branches.

Elisana turned, her prismatic eyes meeting Kagome's. She liked the little Miko very much. There was no sense of obligation in being Kagome's guardian, she wanted too. Wanted to protect her, to be her friend. Elisana's muscles tensed as she felt a tingling sensation in the back of her skull. Softly, Elisana released her dragon sense, allowing her consciousness to flow over everything in the area. All was normal, except, at the edge of the small clearing they were in, stood someone. Elisana's dragon sense drifted over this person. They were cold, no life came from them, only hatred. Without a word, Elisana turned to face the undead Miko. Her eyes growing cold and guarded. Prismatic emerald eyes meet cold chocolate brown. Kikyo smiled. An ugly smile, devoid of any happiness or love.

"Well well," Kikyo said, "It seems my little reincarnation has found some new companions."

Elisana's eyes narrowed. Something wasn't right. Kikyo was up to something. Elisana picked up the vibrations of malice that rose from Kikyo's body of bones and earth.

'Earth, ' Elisana thought, 'My element.'

Saria came to stand beside Elisana. He also could sense the malice radiating from the dead Miko.

"To what do we owe the pleasure, Kikyo?" Elisana said.

Her voice betrayed no emotion.

"I have come for my reincarnation, that is all." Kikyo stated plainly.

"I'm afraid I can't allow that." Elisana said.

Kikyo raised an eyebrow. She had not expected Elisana to go against her so quickly. Her cold smile returned.

"Oh? Well, I'm afraid I need her. Shouldn't you be hiding in your cave, Elisana? Surrounded by the Earth you love so much."

Now Elisana smiled coldly. Something no one would want to see on the dragonesses face.

"You above all, Kikyo, should understand my respect for the Element that gave birth to my kind, for your body is also made of earth, and bones." Elisana curled her nose, "Though, you are a blemish to the Earth that bore you."

Kikyo's eyes flared with anger, and with a violent sweep of her hand, strange crystal ripped across the earth to pool beneath Elisana's and Saria's feet. Saria leapt up in an attempt to escape the crystal, but Kikyo jerked her hands upward, the pools of crystal burst forth, encasing Elisana and Saria within jagged shimmering chunks of clear crystal. Kagome gasped.

"Elisana! Saria!" She cried.

"And now, little incarnate, prepare yourself." Kikyo said.

Kagome turned back quickly to face Kikyo. With exaggerated slowness, the dead Miko drew her bow and a strange glowing arrow. Kagome stood, still as death. She could not believe the scene that lay before her. Her smoky blue eyes blinked several times, trying to clear away the confusion of her mind. Slowly her eyes ran over the images in front of her.

Kikyo stood, not 50 feet away, her bow and arrow drawn, ready to strike. Never before had Kagome seen this determination on Kikyo's face. Her chocolate eyes fixed on Kagome, seething with hatred. The arrow that Kikyo had aimed at her glowed, it's arrow head a deep blood red and seemed to be made of some kind of crystal. Though Kikyo kept her face impassive, her eyes burned, and her body shook with fury, grief, and pain. Kagome's eyes slowly shifted to Saria. The enormous guardian bird was frozen. Contained in some kind of demonic crystal that had been conjured up by Kikyo. His wings were spread wide and his talons were open, as if he were ready to strike. Elisana, the dragoness that had promised to protect Kagome from all harm, was also sealed in that strange crystal. Her face was contorted in pain and shock, her prismatic eyes glassed over.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.