Destination Azahar
Chapter 10: Absolute Power

Copyright© 2009 by deGaffer

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 10: Absolute Power - How does a colony get ready to take on immigrants? Take a ride with a country boy and a businesswoman from Mississippi and find out how they managed to create a manufacturing sanctuary after being dropped on a backwater planet. Diverse groups converge and turn a barely habitable planet into a Mecca of culture and technology.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Space   Incest   Orgy   Harem   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex  

The Nguyen residence was entertained by a good bit of screaming wafting from the master suite the next morning before the smiling pair emerged for breakfast.

Kim was the first to send a salvo in Tuan's direction, "My God, Pop! You need to cut us some slack. It was bad enough with you and Bea on Copernicus. You and Nancy had the whole planet shaking enough to throw me out of bed this morning." She jumped out of his reach and giggled when Tuan tried to swat her retreating butt.

Tensions were markedly relieved in the Tuan household now that Nancy had faced down two of her demons. She began frolicking with the older kids even after receiving the somewhat sobering news from the pod's AI that she was pregnant with a little girl. She had at least six months of childhood left and planned to take advantage of every minute of it. Okay, children don't typically have their tunnel stroked several times a day, but Nancy felt like she had to make up for lost time and recruited assistance from Celeste when Tuan was not around or was too exhausted. Other than that excursion into the grownup realm, she intended behave as an adolescent.

Everyone was amused by Nancy's antics, including the typically conservative Constance. Constance had moved out of her standard pod and into the huge triple-decker that she had designed. It incorporated features from several American mansions including an open library with a second story balcony across the foyer from a two-story conservatory with murals of gardens, sculptures and a small stage next to a grand piano. A grand staircase led from the foyer to the adult quarters upstairs that had sitting rooms between the common hall and the bedchambers.

"You need to expand my old pod and move out of your little cracker box, Tuan." It became a repetitive theme, and Tuan finally relented, but he opted for something much smaller and far less formal than what Constance had done. He enjoyed the closeness of his family and wanted to maintain that connection.

Tension kept building in the McKinsey household as Constance became more demanding and less tolerant. She began deliberately humiliating her concubines, including Judith. She even sniped at the kids when they were around. Aswani was grateful for the huge residence because it allowed her children to remain in the basement where they were somewhat shielded from the verbal abuse.

It came to a head when Constance invited everyone to her new quarters to celebrate the grand opening of the first dome-covered playground on the surface of Azahar. She wanted Aswani to take on all three men at the same time while everyone watched. She became verbally abusive to Tuan and his whole family when he refused to participate.

Judith tried to calm Constance by telling her, "Honey, you just can't keep treating people like this."

"Why not!" Constance shouted. "Who's going to stop me? One of these sniveling men? That wimp Nguyen? You? I can do what I want, when I want, to whomever I want!" With that outburst she slapped Judith and stormed out of the dining room and up the grand staircase to her suite on the top floor.

Phaninath, Leroy, and Aswani tried to console the crying Judith, but she was too distraught to respond. When it was clear that nothing could be done, they finally put her to bed.

"Something must be done," Aswani spoke quietly when she retired to her bedroom with Phaninath and Leroy after Judith had cried herself to sleep.

"What can we do?" Phaninath asked. "Our mistress has the right to kill us all and nothing can be done to her."

"Us, yes, but not the children or Tuan's family," Leroy spoke for the first time other than to answer a direct question.

A somewhat surprised Aswani kissed Leroy's cheek. "I am thinking that those lessons the AI is giving you are making you smarter as well as improving your diction. Perhaps I should follow your fine example. You are absolutely right. We must shield the children and our neighbors or serious trouble for our mistress will surely result."

"I would suggest that we sequester you with Leroy during his lessons, but I doubt the subject would remain language and diction for very long," Judith quipped. "Both of you can say 'Oh God! Oh yes!' very well."

Judith's attempt at humor failed miserably. The mood of the group was too gloomy for a little levity to dispel the worries shared by all of them.

When Constance didn't come down for breakfast the next morning, Judith took the six children next door to the pod that had been taken over by the Nguyen clan and asked Tuan to look after them for a while. Everyone was grateful that Constance had not rescinded their privilege to leave and enter the pod.

Tuan asked, "What happened to you last night that caused such a dark bruise on your face?"

Judith attempted to hide it with her hand. "Constance is under a lot of stress," was all she said by way of explanation before retreating back to her pod.

When the kids had been settled, Tuan asked Nancy to stay with them and joined his three older concubines in the kitchen. The kitchen is the traditional place for serious family discussions where Tuan grew up, and this was about as serious as it got.

Tuan started the session by asking, "AI, what can be done about domestic violence under Confederacy regulations?"

"Nothing," the AI responded promptly, "unless there are minor children involved. The Confederacy Code protects persons less than fourteen years of age from physical, mental, and sexual abuse. Sexual abuse is defined as any sexual contact with persons less than thirteen and anything other than consensual anal, oral and/or manual sex for persons who are thirteen."

When Tuan remained quiet with storm clouds forming on his brow, Beatrice asked, "AI, would the physical abuse of adults, especially violence directed at the biological parents of a child, be considered mental abuse under the Code when the violent act is witnessed by the child?"

The AI was not particularly helpful. "Unfortunately, this point is open to interpretation both for what is considered inappropriate violence and whether or not the child is being deliberately or carelessly traumatized."

"What could be done to me if I refuse her access to Aswani's offspring?" Tuan asked the AI as an idea was forming.

The AI advised him, "She could file kidnapping charges as their legal guardian. However, since you can demonstrate that you acted in good faith to protect her minor children who had sought refuge with you, it is unlikely that those charges would be pursued by the Court."

"What if I deny her access to her concubines?" Tuan continued his line of thought.

The AI advised Tuan, "That is a bit more serious. You would be liable for resulting damages and required to compensate her when the case is presented to the Court. Here again, though, damages would be mitigated by the fact that you were acting in good faith to protect her property."

Tuan smiled, "AI, would you be kind enough to invite Judith, Aswani, Phaninath, and Leroy to join me in my quarters for coffee and doughnuts?"

In a few moments the AI advised, "Judith has graciously declined, but the others have accepted your invitation. However, I believe Aswani and Leroy are about to resort to physical intervention in an effort to ensure that she accompanies them to your quarters."

In less than a minute, the four neighbors appeared at Tuan's door and were admitted. Again, everyone gathered in the spacious kitchen.

"AI," Tuan directed, "my guests and I would like a little peace and quiet. Please direct all incoming communication to my PDA."

"Acknowledged," the AI responded tonelessly.

"Very clever," Margret observed. "If they can't hear her, then they can't be charged with disobedience."

Aswani had assumed the role of protective mother and was the most coherent of the four refugees. "Is anyone knowing what can be done?"

"I'm working on it," Tuan assured her. "I just wish I knew what was going on in her head. She's always been so strait-laced and proper."

A voice from behind startled Tuan. "She's scared, Pop." Kim had slipped in quietly to retrieve a tray of juice from the replicator.

Judith was shaking her head, "She's never been afraid of anything."

"Exactly," Kim countered. "She's suddenly found something to be afraid of, but knows that a person in her position can't display fear, so she hides her fear by making everyone around her afraid."

Beatrice looked at the precocious thirteen-year-old. "When did you get a degree in psychology, Dr. Kim?"

Kim just shrugged. "It's typical of playground bully behavior. They mask their own fears and insecurities by instilling fear in everyone around them." Kim picked up the tray loaded with cups of various juices and stepped through the kitchen door.

"Wait!" Beatrice called to the retreating girl, "What can we do about it."

Kim assumed the pained expression that can only be achieved by a teenage girl, "You kick their ass or make them face their fear. Or, you kick their ass and then make them face their fear." With those words of wisdom she left a silent room.

Beatrice and Tuan couldn't hold it in and began laughing before Kim was out of earshot. Beatrice looked at Tuan. "Well, I guess we know who on this planet is elected to kick the bully's ass. Everyone else is a minor or a concubine. Although it did sound like Kim has some experience helping bullies overcome their personal issues, one way or another. Maybe you should hide behind your daughter's skirt and send her in first."

Phaninath was clearly shocked that a concubine would say such things to a sponsor. Even Judith was a bit fearful for Beatrice until Tuan gave her a playful smack on the back of the head and told her, "Cheeky concubine! You'll get yours."

"Promises, promises," Beatrice chanted before sticking out her tongue to uproarious laughter and applause.

Tuan sighed, "No sense in putting this off. I'd best do this in private. If everyone will excuse me I'm off to do battle with the wicked witch of Barcino."

He considered making the call from the safety of his study, but decided to face the lioness in her den and made for the tunnel that connected the underground pods. When his door closed behind him he asked, "AI, please put me in contact with Constance McKinsey."

"Ensign McKinsey does not wish to be disturbed," the AI replied.

"Is she in distress or in need of assistance?"

"Ensign McKinsey does not wish to be disturbed," the AI repeated.

Tuan sighed, "Very well. Please let me know when she's available, or ask her to join me in the CIC. Advise me if she leaves her quarters. Also, let the people in my kitchen know that I'm unable to contact her at the moment, and that I'll be working in the Barcino CIC. Please do not allow Constance into my quarters, and don't allow anyone to leave without my permission."

"Orders accepted," was the only response from the AI.

Tuan was again looking at the production schedule. They would only have 77 pods in orbit when it was time to send the monthly report next week, but if they maintained the current schedule they would only be 27 short of having enough on hand for four Aurora-class colony ships when the following monthly report was due.

Adding two new industrial replicators a week had a rather large collection of the big replicators in operation on and around the planet. The point defense guns would need to be relocated to expand the Haru space station. The new replicators could be butted to the ends of the 13 cylinders that made the current figure-8 circles. Tuan had completed a schedule of changes to the station configuration with the AI and was contemplating lunch when the AI changed the subject.

The AI announced, "Ensign Nguyen, Ensign McKinsey is active and inquiring about her concubines. I have told her that they cannot be reached at the moment. She appears to be very distraught."

Tuan requested, "Please ask her to allow me into her quarters, or to meet me in the park. Tell her that her friends and loved ones are concerned about her."

"Ensign McKinsey does not wish to be disturbed," the AI replied.

"That response is getting old," Tuan mumbled as he headed to his quarters for lunch.

He updated everyone in his pod from the CIC before heading home for lunch. It only took a few words. "The only response I get is 'Ensign McKinsey does not wish to be disturbed.'"

Tuan did his best to comfort the refugees and asked Beatrice to preside over a light lunch. Kim continued to be in charge of the kids in the multimedia room. With a little help from Roni and a few interruptions to retrieve food from the replicator, the adults remained in a somber mood as they nibbled at the comfort foods Beatrice had selected from the kitchen replicator.

Tuan was complimentary of the seasoned fried chicken, mashed potatoes, biscuits, and corn on the cob. Even the flour- and grease-based brown gravy was perfect, but no one was comforted and most just picked at the fattening fare.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.