Destination Azahar - Cover

Destination Azahar

Copyright© 2009 by deGaffer

Chapter 5: Delayed Dreams

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 5: Delayed Dreams - How does a colony get ready to take on immigrants? Take a ride with a country boy and a businesswoman from Mississippi and find out how they managed to create a manufacturing sanctuary after being dropped on a backwater planet. Diverse groups converge and turn a barely habitable planet into a Mecca of culture and technology.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Space   Incest   Orgy   Harem   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex  

The spine of Copernicus was laid down as a K'treel class explorer but it wasn't yet completed when production of K'treel class ships was finally cancelled. Rather than being scrapped, it was completed as a deep-space observatory that was never intended to enter a planetary system during a mission, much less enter an atmosphere. The shuttle bay was completed as a machine shop and gymnasium. It had no armament, but the same amount of weight was taken up with instrumentation.

Copernicus's original mission was the detailed mapping of the Orion Spur outward from Earth to create accurate navigation charts of the Spur by getting closer views than were possible from Earth. Those observations showed where a star group was centuries ago, and the war against the Sa'arm required much more current astronomical information. Copernicus was equipped with a Hubble-class telescope that was thirteen meters long and a bit over four meters in diameter, or roughly forty-two and a half feet by fourteen feet. At 11,110 kilograms the huge reflector weighed almost as much as the 25,000 pound plasma torpedo launcher that would have been installed in the nose of the ship. This instrument was almost useless for the ship's primary mission, but it would allow some unique observations of the Galaxy core as the ship moved across the Spur. It was viewed as a good bit of dead weight by the mission planners, but it was a fancy toy that would help keep a group of astronomical geeks from going off their rockers with the duller aspects of a long mission.

Adjacent to this large optical telescope was a small X-ray telescope that was about the size of a five-centimeter reflector. A pair of sixty-centimeter telescopes was mounted on each side of the ship where you would have expected to find phased-beam projectors. These four precision instruments insured that the ship had accurate position references for the charting observations and provided wide-angle views of closer objects that were not possible with the primary telescope.

The assortment of sensors and options built into the ship allowed it to image almost everything in the infrared to x-ray range. Six of the pod positions, three down each side, could accommodate retractable radio telescope antennas and additional low-power optical telescopes. If an object had much of an electromagnetic footprint, the equipment on Copernicus could probably record it.

Despite its K'treel origins the ship did not even have a hint of vestigial wings. It had mounts for three pods along the 'belly' of the unique craft. Where the K'treel could only carry nine pods, Copernicus accommodated a total of twelve standard pods arranged in three bands of four pods.

The Captain of Copernicus, Lieutenant Charles Kozlowski, and his crew had completed their six-month training course at Persephone in nine months. Their training was delayed at the halfway point while four of the crew delivered babies. With the classroom work and simulator training behind them Kozlowski's highly motivated crew had no trouble successfully accomplishing the objectives of their shakedown cruise. The shipyard observers had noted a short list of discrepancies that were quickly resolved at the completion of the cruise. None of the issues warranted a follow-up cruise. Captain John Ormskirk formally turned CSS Copernicus over to Lieutenant Kozlowski amid little fanfare.

Rather than being allowed to boldly go where no one had gone before, Kozlowski had been instructed by Admiral Hargreaves to proceed to Dothan for equipment and additional personnel. He was then to depart Dothan within two weeks of his arrival and locate a system suitable for colonization on the opposite side of the Sa'arm incursion, one that was within two months travel of Earth for a standard colony transport under normal acceleration. Once such a planet was found he was to begin constructing a colony infrastructure.

That was all that the orders specified, " ... begin constructing a colony infrastructure." None of his requests for clarification had resulted in anything more specific. His argument that Copernicus was not configured to create a colony fell upon deaf ears. Admiral Hargreaves had other fish to fry and didn't elect to add any detail to the assignment. He felt he had given sufficient guidance for such a low-priority resource.

This last-minute development squelched the majority of the excitement and motivation of the officers and crew of Copernicus. They really didn't want to take on a task usually assigned to a K'treel-class ship. They weren't a K'treel ship even though they were about the same size. They really didn't want to go looking for a habitable world when they could be out there, quite literally, mapping the stars.

Lieutenant Kozlowski had been an astronomy professor at the University of Arizona when "Average Joes XIV" was aired. He found himself in a pickup the following week and had spent almost a year as the navigator on a colony ship, interfacing with and learning from the Darjee crew. He knew nothing of construction. His passion was astronomy, and he had lobbied to be assigned to a ship that would be doing astronomical research. He and his crew were accomplished astronomers, not engineers, and certainly not construction workers.

Kozlowski's First Officer, Lieutenant (j.g.) Alec Atanas, was also a former astronomy professor. The lieutenant shrugged before remarking, "No one can argue if we just install an AI, pod anchorages, atmosphere processors, a power grid, and a raw materials distribution system for replicators. Sewer and garbage recycling systems wouldn't be out of line either, although the pods can typically handle those little details. About the only other thing colonists would need are industrial replicators and jobs."

Kozlowski shook his head, "We only have twelve pod mounts, Alec. We don't have enough cargo space for all the equipment that would be needed for the number of colonists that even a single Aurora-class transport could bring."

"No, but if we can get an industrial class replicator and a half-dozen or so machine-shop replicators, then we can build everything we need on-site," Atanas suggested. "All we need is a sample or replicator data files and raw materials to feed the replicators. A planet without raw materials would be a bust anyway."

Kozlowski laughed, "How are we going to carry an industrial replicator, Alec? Strap it to the belly of the ship? They're much too big to fit though any of the cargo doors!"

Atanas again just shrugged, "Maybe I can break it down and stuff it into a pod or two. But we can probably build one on site."

Kozlowski asked Atanas, "Have you figured out how we're going to get to the surface of a planet from a deep-space vessel that has no shuttles? Habitat pods are great lifeboats and can make a one-time soft landing on most planets, but they can't get back into space on their own. I guess we could put a nexus in one to get planet-side and back, or were you thinking of carrying a few kilos at a time in the captain's gig?"

A smiling Atanas answered, "We can reconfigure the aft dorsal pod as a replacement hangar that can accommodate three Galileo shuttles, which I've also arranged to have waiting for us at Dothan. That'll give us a leg up in surface surveys for minerals and such. I also have a configuration for the center ventral pod to serve as a hangar for a pod lighter and we can even squeeze a fusion powered payload assist module into the pod with the lighter."

Kozlowski gave Atanas a puzzled look. "A PAM? Whatever for?"

An unperturbed Atanas replied, "One of the first things that any colony needs to manufacture is habitat pods. What better way to get raw materials to an orbiting factory than by strapping a PAM onto an asteroid?"

Kozlowski shook his head. This was not the kind of assignment that his people were competent to accomplish. Maybe something or someone would turn up at Dothan.

After Kozlowski had exhausted all avenues of appeal to clarify their orders he reluctantly approved the requisitions Atanas had prepared and forwarded them to headquarters on Dothan via a scheduled supraluminal drone. With the crew's personal pods secured and everyone aboard, Copernicus headed to Dothan to load the requested equipment and supplies. Four of the crew's concubines were scheduled for sleep training as shuttle pilots during the short trip.


About halfway to Dothan Lieutenant Atanas awoke to find his morning erection being used as a substitute shuttle control stick as Debra playfully jockeyed the make-believe shuttle and finally guided it into a fur trimmed hangar. The pair were laughing too hard for a serious fuck until Atanas rolled on top and started stroking his length in and out of Debra's slick tunnel.

When her sister concubine, Winifred, later asked Debra, "Have you mastered getting the shuttle into the hangar?" Debra spewed orange juice out her nose in a failed effort to not make a mess. It was fortunate that Alec had not yet taken his first sip of hot coffee because he, too, began laughing uncontrollably.

"What did I say?" a very confused Winifred asked.

Alec caught his breath before Debra, who had jumped up to clean both herself and the table. "Deb was playing 'park the shuttle' with me when I woke up this morning."

Winifred was puzzled for a moment and started to ask "Wha..." when it dawned on her that 'park the shuttle' was a variant of 'hide the salami' and her giggles added to the mirth encountered by Judy and Mary when they appeared with babies at their breasts.

When it looked like Judy was about to ask what was going on Winifred cut her off with, "Don't ask." When disappointment registered on both of the women's faces, Winifred sighed and explained, "Debra kept overcorrecting in the trainer yesterday, and I simply asked if she had mastered parking the shuttle and the two of them busted out laughing. Debra was being Debra in bed this morning, practicing 'park the shuttle' using Alec's cock as a shuttle joystick. I'm sure you can guess which orifice was the hangar."

The two mothers just rolled their eyes. Their knowing expressions indicated that they were not surprised that neither Alec nor Debra had passed up an opportunity to be silly. They had also seen Debra's narrow 'landing strip' of neatly trimmed pubic hair pointing the way to her clitoral hood and the other treasures in the folds of her plump labia.

Kozlowski and Atanas were the only crew of Copernicus with CAP scores greater than 7.0 and each had been given permission to get two of their concubines pregnant when they were first transferred to deep-space exploration. It is not typically required to obtain permission before a sponsor gets one of his concubines pregnant, but the concubines who would ship on the Copernicus were expected to be trained and participate in the operation of the ship. It had taken the two officers almost a year to complete prior commitments, get a crew together and trained, and be assigned to a ship. Their first mission was expected to take five years, but wouldn't start until they finished this little errand for Admiral Hargreaves.

Atanas couldn't help snickering when Kozlowski asked how the shuttle training was progressing when he arrived on the bridge to relieve Atanas at noon. The captain tried not to laugh when Atanas explained his reaction.

In his best mock indignant voice Kozlowski complained, "You and that girl are going to embarrass this ship yet."


Constance McKinsey was a bit startled when a voice with a distinct southern drawl appeared in the air. "Good afternoon, Mizz McKinsey. What can I do for you?"

A very confused Constance stammered out, "I'm sorry. I was trying to reach Mr. Nguyen. There must be some kind of mix-up in the connection."

There was a friendly laugh followed by, "This happens to me all the time. I know I don't sound like someone named Tuan Nguyen should sound like, but I assure you I am Tuan. Now, what can I do for you?"

It took Constance a few seconds to reorient her thoughts. "Actually, I'm hoping you will permit me to contact Celeste McCreless. She and I worked on the same project a few years ago, and I'm wondering how she's been and if she would be interested in working with me again."

Constance could feel Tuan stiffen in the short silence before responding, "Celeste doesn't go by that name any longer. Her priorities are different now. She does as she's told rather than as she pleases."

"Yes, of course. I truly apologize. I had no intention of usurping your authority. I'm just not used to the new roles everyone around me has since lunchtime yesterday." Constance didn't stick her foot into her mouth very often, and was not practiced at recovery. "It's hard to believe that was a bit over twenty-four hours ago. Please, give me a chance to apologize appropriately.

"I have just left an interview with the captain of this ship and have some ideas that I simply have to share with another engineer before I explode. I know that you are also an engineer, but I know Celeste by more than reputation and hoped to discuss some concepts with her before going further. I really need a reality check in the midst of the unreal turn my life has taken."

Tuan allowed his ruffled feathers to sink back into place. "Of course, all of us are out of our element in these times of turmoil. Perhaps you can join us for diner this evening. I also have a concubine formerly known as Margret Asbury. The three of us have been working together for a number of years. We might be able to find a quiet corner in the cafeteria, or we can meet in my quarters even though I'm not really organized well enough to entertain guests properly."

Constance was regaining her confidence, "I'd rather not wait that long. My quarters are no better organized than yours, I'm sure, but I'm confident that I can safely leave my group in our pod for a bit. May I join you in your pod before dinner? I promise not to take up a great deal of your time."

Tuan was intrigued. He knew this woman's reputation as a tough competitor. He never got the opportunity to step in and save the day when she did a job, and she didn't leave unhappy customers behind who could be courted by his marketing staff. "Sure. If you promise not to notice the chaos, then please join me in Blue Seven."

"Great!" Constance replied, "That's barely out of sight down the corridor from my pod. I'm in Blue Twelve. I'll be there in a couple of minutes."

Constance told Aswani where she would be and asked the AI to contact her if Aswani needed anything. She did a last minute inventory of her appearance and stepped into the companionway. She was standing in front of Blue Seven trying to decide how to announce her presence. There was no doorbell. She was about the knock when the door opened to reveal a smiling Celeste.

"Please, come in," Celeste invited as she backed away from the door. "Tuan sent me to greet you when the AI told him you were outside. We've cleared off a table in the den. Tuan has asked that Margret and I join the two of you. I hope that's all right."

"Yes, of course it is. I'd hoped that you'd be allowed to sit in." The implications of Tuan sending Celeste to greet her were not lost on Constance. He was being a gracious host who wanted his guest to be comfortable.

Tuan was standing when Constance entered the den. "Would you like some tea or coffee?"

"Coffee sounds good," Constance replied. Beverages were a typical social lubricant, even the non-alcoholic ones. Constance wasn't much of a social butterfly and when everyone was seated she started for the point. "What do you know about the Fleet Auxiliary?"

"I'm not sure I've ever heard of it," Tuan answered honestly. "It sounds like it's a branch of the Navy."

"I'm not sure about the organizational chart," Constance replied before taking a sip of the hot brew. "Good coffee," she remarked before continuing. "What I do know is that this ship is operated by the Fleet Auxiliary. Well actually, this ship is operated by the Darjee, but the captain and at least part of the crew are members of the Fleet Auxiliary. But the Fleet Auxiliary is also responsible for finding and developing colony worlds."

All three members of the Nguyen household sat forward. "Really," Tuan voiced the interest that all three displayed.

Constance nodded as she continued, "That would imply construction and manufacturing. When I remarked to Captain Cooper that these pods had to be manufactured somewhere she told me that they're constructed at colony worlds as the colony is being established."

Tuan smiled, "I'm sure that the Confederacy has been building ships and containers for longer than man has pounded two rocks together, but we just might be able to add some value to the process." He looked at his two ladies, "Would you guys be interested in doing something other than satisfying my sexual whims?"

Celeste and Margret laughed, but when Constance showed signs of being embarrassed Tuan quickly apologized. "That was crude. Please forgive me for being insensitive."

Constance shook it off and smiled, "In light of the activities that have been assaulting my senses since noon yesterday, a little blue humor can be forgiven. It's a brave new world and those who cannot adjust will not prosper. I assume you have an interest in becoming a part of the Fleet Auxiliary colonial manufacturing force. Since we share some common experience, can I interest you in joining forces with me?"

Tuan glanced at his companions before remarking, "Well ladies, it looks like we may have escaped Earth, but we haven't escaped working for a living."


Like so many who had elected service in the Fleet Auxiliary, Ensign Tuan Nguyen's enhancements were somewhat restrained with regard to his stature. He bulked himself up a bit here and there, mostly there. He had the nanites add a few centimeters to his height just to get to a hundred and seventy-five centimeters (five foot nine inches). The same five-centimeter expansion allowed him to sport a twenty-centimeter (eight inch) cock. He would still be considered short by most of his high school classmates, unless they compared tally-whackers. He had fifteen years taken off of his age. His Asian ancestry made him look like a high-school kid again instead of an experienced project manager in his late twenties.

He had also gotten medical capsule time to complete the enhancements to his concubines Beatrice, Nancy, Celeste and Margret. Each had retained their basic build and bone structure, but they were brought to a youthful and healthy trim. Everyone was pleased with the results. Even the painfully thin Celeste reluctantly agreed that she was more comfortable with a bit of padding on her bones and didn't feel fat like she had feared she would.

During the three weeks it took Asimov to get from Earth to Dothan the two rival engineers from Mississippi, Ensign Constance McKinsey and Ensign Tuan Nguyen, formally asked to join the Fleet Auxiliary and began their basic equipment training while in route. They learned a great deal about the capabilities of the medical bay's treatment tubes and the Darjee replicators. Not just the appliance units in their pods, but also the various size and capacity units from machine shop grade for small projects and industrial grade units that can produce a habitat pod a day up to a factory size replicator that can turn out a habitat pod every hour.

Shortly after Asimov arrived at the in-bound jump zone from Earth, Captain Cooper received a message from Rear Admiral Anthony Pirelli, Chief of Fleet Auxiliary Operations for the Dothan sector. The message prompted her to make a request of her ship's AI.

"AI, please ask Constance McKinsey and Tuan Nguyen to join me in my conference room in..." Cooper checked the position of Asimov and the orbital approach they had been assigned. " ... thirty minutes."

"Ensign Nguyen is in sleep training." The AI replied, "Shall I interrupt him or can the meeting be postponed for another fifteen minutes?"

Cooper was slightly annoyed, but shook it off. "Forty-five minutes from now will be fine."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.