Sapphires & Emeralds - Cover

Sapphires & Emeralds

Copyright© 2009 by Taylor Gibbs

Chapter 17

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 17 - NCIS fanfiction.An undercover assignment leads to an entanglement for NCIS. Will Abby get trapped in a web of lies? Who IS that blue-eyed stranger who sets her on fire with his touch? Gibbs and Abby pairing. Alt. Universe. Co-written with Zabby.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Fan Fiction  

Unable to wait any longer, Abby turned to the two directors. "Excuse me, sirs. But I think we really need to get started on this debriefing. We're all on edge here. If we can get this op going, maybe we'll all be able to take a breath. I, for one, am nervous as heck. Can you explain to me how this is going to go down and what will be required of me? Like, who am I going to be if I can't be Abby?" Abby asked not only for herself, but for the man next to her who had quickly become such an important person in her life. She needed to make sure that he was going to be all right. And right now, he was coming apart, the edges of his psyche fraying.

Martin looked over at Tom. "Debriefing before we coordinate the rest? Tobias? Jet? You boys doing okay?"

Gibbs shrugged one shoulder in a jerky motion. He didn't trust himself to speak much right now. "Fine," he finally said, turning his hand over and reaching for Abby's. He needed her support and stability at the moment.

Pulling up his hand, she kissed his knuckles, trying to let him know she was there for him. "We can do whatever you guys want; debrief, coordinate. Doesn't really matter at this point. But it's been a day from hell, even if there were some good parts," she said, rubbing Jet's hand with her thumb. "And I think it'll be best if we finish what we started. I mean, I'm leaving my life behind for who knows how long. And Jet's been slammed between two worlds."

Martin studied Jet's expression and realized just how far gone he was. "Jethro," he said quietly in concern. "Tom, is there anywhere he can be alone for fifteen minutes, maybe a half hour. We need to get everyone's statements organized and I trust Abby to give us her version of the events. If we start with Jet, he can decompress alone somewhere quiet, maybe your MTAC area."

Seeing what his friend was concerned about, Morrow stated, "Sure, he can go anywhere he needs to within the agency. I'll open it up to him. MTAC has agents in it currently, but plenty of dark seating where he can be alone. There's also my office. Or..."

"My lab," Abby offered, interrupting. "Sorry, Director. I meant to say, there's also my lab. It's got a futon, candles if he needs them, music ... and not just the stuff I work with. Relaxing music too. But MTAC or your office is good too..." she said, stuttering to a stop.

"Her lab," Jet agreed. He just wanted to decompress without an audience. "What do you need to know? Do you want to do this with the other agents in here to refute anything I might have forgotten?" Or misrepresented, he added silently.

Martin angled a glance over to Tom. He might be the director of the larger agency, but this was Tom's office and Tom's operation to lead right now. In truth, Martin should have stayed away and would have if he hadn't been close friends with Jethro for many years. And Tom.

"No, the agents can go wait in the hall. We'll start with you, and then Franks. Abby will follow, then we'll call the boys from downstairs. Martin, do you want Fornell in here, since he, I assume, was running your op?"

Getting up, Abby said, "I'll be in my lab, getting it ready for Gibbs. When I'm done, I'll come back for my debriefing. Is that all right, Director?" She put a hand on Gibbs' shoulder, squeezing as she smiled down at him.

"Fine, Abby. Just don't take too long."

Mike grumbled but stood as well. "Be at my desk. Call me, sir." He emphasized the sir before he walked out.

Walking alongside Franks, Abby asked hesitantly, "You okay? Are we okay?" knowing he hated the idea of her and Gibbs being 'friendly.'

"We're fine, Abby," Mike said but the tone of his voice made it clear that he was still a bit upset with her.

"No, we're not. You're still cranky. What is it Mike? Spill it 'cause I'm not going to deal with your grumpy, silent treatment," Abby demanded, as she stopped in front of him, hands on her hips. Even though she had a lot to do to prepare the lab for Jet, Mike was still a very vital part of her world, and she had to make sure they really were okay.

"Then don't deal with me," Mike shot back, knowing he was hurting her feelings, but unable to stop himself. "Go get the lab ready for loverboy, Girlie." It was very immature and unprofessional of him, but he couldn't stop it. He'd been so worried about Abby and the more it seemed unfounded, the more annoyed he got.

Abby gasped in pain at his words, her eyes tearing up. Not trusting herself to say anything, she turned away, practically running to the elevator.

Mike blinked a few times, aware of how much he'd hurt her and started after her before he shook his head and walked to his desk, feeling a lot of years older than he was.

~~

Gibbs watched Abby leave, feeling a little alone, as silly and stupid as that was.

"Want me to start then?" When Martin nodded, Gibbs began speaking. "Got there at the appointed time, was doing this one completely alone. I looked around, found Abby. She seemed to stand out." He gave both men a thin slightly ironic smile.

"I made contact, sure her necklace was going to draw the attention of the wrong person. We sipped champagne and I led her off into an alcove. We..." he trailed off, a little uncomfortable despite his years on the job.

"We connected. Then she hit me with a stun gun." Gibbs displayed the marks. "And I went down. When I woke up, she was gone and the two young guys were there. We all postured a lot and they brought me to their van.

He waited for any cue to continue. When Martin nodded, he spoke again. "Ziva and the young guy ... Tim? Covered me in the van. I was Mirandized and no charges were given, then I was brought here after Abby stopped by the back of the van to have a little chat." He gave the men another small smile.

"I was brought here, Special Agent Franks introduced himself. Still no charges read. I was brought to interrogation where Abby came and fingerprinted me and then Franks came in with fists blazing. He had the case right but got my involvement in it wrong..."

He trailed off, waiting for anyone to speak.

"And you didn't, at any point, during the posturing or when Franks attacked you, think to announce yourself or ask for Fornell?" Though he knew, from Martin, that Gibbs was under orders not to reveal himself, Morrow needed to know if that was his actual motive behind Gibbs' actions.

Fornell moved to interrupt, to tell Morrow exactly how his ops were run, but was halted with a look from the director. Maybe Morrow knew; it would be standard interrogation to question all aspects of a person's motivation and actions.

Martin watched his man, staying absolutely quiet but gesturing for Tobias to settle down.

"I'm in deep, sir. Under orders to take whatever was dished out without revealing myself. Only if there was a potentially lethal amount of force was I given orders to break cover. That wasn't the case here. A stun gun, bruises, maybe a mild concussion. Your men are out of control, but I'm not lying in a morgue, am I?" Gibbs couldn't help but be a little sarcastic.

Turning serious, he let his voice drop. "Nothing causes me to break cover, sir." Even the lethal force might not if it had a chance of him getting answers. It was why he was damn good at what he did.

"That's good to know, Special Agent Gibbs. Now I need you to tell me something, something that matters even more to me than this op. What are your intentions with Abby? And what will you do to protect her if I allow her to go on this undercover op with you? She's like my daughter, Gibbs. Abby has sacrificed enough already for this mission. I need to know, I need to make sure that you're going to be man enough to protect my girl."

He leaned forward, composing his answer carefully. "I don't know. Wherever this bond between us leads." He spoke with complete honesty, unwilling to give the man any falsehoods. "Want to explore this."

The other part of the director's question was easy to answer. "I'll protect and guard her with my life. That is not only a promise but a vow."

Director Morrow met Agent Gibbs's stare with his own, searching the man's eyes for something, anything that would indicate he would bend under the pressure the op would put on him. "And you vouch for him, Martin? You'd stake your life, your family's life on him?"

"Yes," Martin said simply. "I'd trust him with my life and my family's lives, Tom. He's one of the best agents I've ever known."

Seeing what he needed in the agent's eyes, Morrow nodded leaning back. "Then I'll trust you with Abby's. I have nothing more for you Agent Gibbs. Martin? Fornell? Do you have anything you wish to discuss with him?

Martin shook his head. "Take some time, Jethro. Get your mind back into Jet Brooks. And his estranged wife. It'll take us a few hours to nail out the details but I don't see why we couldn't send you and Abby to the suite after all the debriefing. Your guards cum personal assistants can bring her paperwork over and we'll get a complete wardrobe organized as soon as the stores open in the morning."

Wheels started turning in Martin's mind and he nodded and smiled. "We may be able to work this out as his estranged wife who came to the party. We'll have to check with Abby to ascertain what happened and see if we can work that out."

Martin looked over at Tobias, wondering if he had anything to add.

Taking his cue from the director, Fornell approached his friend and agent. "And you're sure, Gibbs, you're ready to go back in? Do you think your cover is still secure? I know the agents took you out furtively, no one being aware of your capture. If you are sure about your security, than I have no problem in putting you back in."

"I'm ready, sir. We need to get answers on both ops. Abby can brief me on the other op, right?"

Nodding in agreement, Morrow said, "Then I will endorse the mission, Special Agent Gibbs, and put whatever support you and the FBI deem necessary behind you and Abby. Your support guard, your assistants, will more than likely end up being our agents, probably Special Agents DiNozzo and McGee. If you approve of those choices, and after we debrief them as well, this group will see about adding them to the equation. Otherwise, you are free to go, Gibbs," he finished, standing up.

Holding out his hand, he added, "Go regroup, center yourself in Abby's lab. No doubt, she's had it set up for you by now." As soon as he left, Morrow had plans to call down to Franks for the next step in the debriefing.

Gibbs stood, looking at Toby for a long moment, knowing they wouldn't be in good contact for a while. He paused a moment and then gave Toby a tight hug. "Take care of our girls, Tobias. Tell Emily we're going to have a great time when we see each other again."

Letting his friend go, Gibbs stepped back and took a breath. He started to reach for Martin's hand but then gave him a briefer hug than Toby's but no less heartfelt. "Thanks for your faith in me, Martin."

"Take care of yourself, my friend." Martin said quietly, knowing that the quiet time was at an end.

"I will," Gibbs promised, extending his hand to shake the other director's hand. "Abby will be in safe hands, sir. And I will work alongside your other agents without any problems. I understand that I answer to you."

"Yes, you will be, Gibbs. I look forward to following your progress. And I will hold you to your protection of Abby. In order to continue the smoothness of transition, if something was to happen where I or Martin would need you to break cover again, the phrase you chose to use will stand. And, I apologize for speaking as if you're not in the room Tobias, that phrase will remain between you and Martin and myself."

"Understood, sir. I don't anticipate having to use it." Gibbs nodded at each of the men, turning and walking away.

"Good agent you have there, Marty," he commented briefly before picking up the phone near him. Dialing an extension, he barked easily into the phone, "Franks, you're up."

"Good marine, good man, Tom. All around good guy."

~~

Mike was not in the mood for this. He stalked into the conference room, sat down, and looked at Morrow first then the feebs and back to Morrow. "What can I do for ya, Director?"

"You can start by losing a bit of that attitude. Then you could go into an account of the op you were leading, what went down when that op was set into motion, and ending with your attack and what happened to provoke it, in your mind."

Even though he'd worked with Special Agent Franks before, Fornell was ticked at the man's treatment of his agent. Arms crossed over his chest, he waited for the man's explanation at his almost deviant behavior.

"I can do that, Tom, if ya call off your bulldog there, Special Agent Fornell." Mike dragged the words out, knowing he was annoying the other man.

"Not a bulldog," Fornell growled out, but he backed off for the sake of the debriefing.

"You know we've been trying to break this drug ring." Franks threw a sheaf of papers on the table. "Background, tox reports, transcriptions of interviews. Have 'em copied for each of you when Cynthia gets back from her rendezvous."

Mike paused, flipping to the page pages of the file. "This event fit the pattern. Seven high ranking officers and at least one dependent each were gonna be there. Abby was sent it as a Marine wife, newly widowed. Last two we sent Ziva in on, nobody even approached her. Boys said she glowered at everyone."

He paused again. "Abby was our only choice," he said, his voice deadly serious and firm now. "She went in, wasn't there more than twenty minutes, McGee and Tony say they lost sight of her and Brooks found her. When they approached, Brooks was unconscious on the ground. Abby came out to me all shook up, lipstick smeared, way too concerned about his well-being. Brought him back here, I knew I'd seen him before, crossed wires on the Pendleton murders and I went in swinging."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.