Jack and Diane - Cover

Jack and Diane

Copyright© 2009 by torchthebitch

Chapter 10

Diane didn't believe Jack's protestation of innocence. Cold fury replaced the burning embarrassment. It festered the whole weekend and she was very withdrawn. Peter tried to make up for her lack of involvement with the children and it only made her angrier. This should have been a chance for them to re-connect. Her plan to win them over to the idea of coming to live with her in Devon had been sidelined by Jack's dirty tricks. Well if that was how he wanted to play it she was more than a match for him. The pain in her arse gave her an idea of how to deal with that other pain in her arse. When Peter dropped her off at the flat before leaving the children off, she promptly drove down to the police station.

Diane asked the officer on the occurrence desk if she could speak with a female officer, and after a short wait was taken into an interview room. She told the policewoman, W.P.C. Graham, that she had gone to collect her children for an agreed visitation, but that her husband had at first refused to let them come with her. She claimed that her daughter was crying and trying to get to her, but when she tried to go to her, Jack had pushed her to the ground.

The police officer took note of all the details and arranged for a medical examination. She made note of the fact that Jack had been in the Services and asked if he had any record of violence. Diane told her how he had been a boxer and how he had been involved in some kind of attack on another sailor. W.P.C. Graham left Diane with the doctor for the medical examination and spoke with her Sergeant. When the doctor was finished the constable checked that Diane would be going back to a safe place and that she knew how to contact the station if there was any threat from her ex-husband. She convinced the Duty Sergeant that Mr Winters should be arrested on a domestic violence charge. Taking a male officer, P.C. Connors, with her, she went to Jack's house.

As soon as the door opened, Constable Graham made the arrest, squirted him with pepper spray, and hit him with her baton. The two officers cuffed him and loaded him into the car. Once he was in the car the police man wanted to know what she was doing using the spray and baton.

"I told you on the way over he had a history of violence."

"Yeah, but he didn't do anything."

"What did you want? He assaulted his wife, he's got previous, if he put you down what would have happened to me? All you say is he threatened us and it was the only way to make the arrest."

"Yeah, but..."

"Are you trying to let a wife beater get away with it? Is that it?"

"No but..."

"You just back me up. You don't want to be known as someone who doesn't back-up his oppo!"


Back at the station I was processed by the Custody Sergeant. W.P.C. Graham made her statement. Connors' contribution consisted of "yes" at the appropriate moments. I was placed in a cell and told I had to wait for the doctor, but as it was shift change-over he might be a while. All my attempts tell them about the children were ignored.

I felt I had been in the cell for hours when the door opened and a voice said, "I thought it might be you."

Looking up through bleary eyes I peered and replied, "Henshaw? Able Seaman Jimmy Henshaw?"

"As was, Sir." Henshaw seemed delighted, "I didn't think you'd remember me. What the hell are you doing here?"

I told Sergeant Henshaw about his children. "Oh fuck!" was all he said. He disappeared, returning moments later. "OK boss I've sent a car. They'll get the kids."

"My parents live next door. If you tell the officer to call with them they'll take care of them."

"Yeah, that sounds better." Again he left the cell returning in minutes. "That's done boss, now what's going on here?" I explained. When I had finished Jimmy dropped a bombshell on me.

"You know that bitch that nicked you, Graham?"

"Yes."

"Her maiden name's McVeigh."

"What?

A constable interrupted them, "Skip, Winters' lawyer's here."

"That's Mr Winters to you, constable, this man saved my life!"

"Sorry sergeant, Mr Winters' lawyer is here."

"Right, show him into the interview room and get Inspector Willis down there, pronto."

Things started to move quickly after that. David was waiting for us. The moment we walked into the interview room, he started to speak, Sergeant Henshaw raised his hand to stop him.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.