Highlander - Code Duello
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2009 by Patricia51

Fan Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 5 - Fanfiction. Duncan MacLeod meets an old friend and fellow Immortal Deirdre O'Connor. They recall old times and he comes to her aid when she needs it.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fan Fiction   Science Fiction  

(China - 1680)

Duncan MacLeod examined himself in the polished steel mirror. He admitted that he did look rather dashing in the high collared blue tunic with the gold embroidery on the collar and sleeves. His polished boots peeked from under the finely woven cloth of his pants.

Automatically Duncan reached for his sword belt and strapped it on as the final step in his dress. He adjusted the weapon to hang at just the right angle. Kiem Sun was well respected; enough so that his sponsorship of Duncan allowed the Highlander access to the outer limits of the Imperial Court. Not that he minded that access being limited. He had no desire to be entangled in the multi-layered intrigue of the Court. Besides, not even his influential sponsor could arrange for him to attend the Imperial Court itself while armed.

It was an interesting time to be in China. The Emperor Kangxi was firmly on the throne and destined to be the longest reigning monarch China would ever see. It was under his rule that the Qing Dynasty would reach dizzying heights of power, a plateau it would remain at long enough for the era to be known as the "Kang-Qian Golden Age".

Zheng Jing, the final challenger from the historic "Revolt of the Three Feudatories" had recently been defeated near Xiamen and forced to flee to Taiwan, where he would die the next year. With that victory the Emperor's absolute authority in all matters had been confirmed in that most ancient way, on the battlefield.

But military success was not the only achievement springing forth from the Manchu Court. Social progress, economic growth and even artistic expression flowered. The years that had passed since he had found out about his immortality had broadened his interests beyond the next fight, tavern or girl. Not that he didn't still find those all very interesting he admitted to himself with a bit of a grin. But more and more he enjoyed a broader life now. There was time to learn about and savor music and art. And Chinese culture and society was dizzyingly different from Western European.

He had wandered the outer palace for hours before sitting down on the edge of a marble fountain where carved dragon heads splashed water endlessly over a series of flat rocks of different heights before settling into the pool below. He idly trailed his hand through the cool water. His eyes watched the spray of the water and his thoughts drifted from one memory to another.

That probably explained why when he suddenly realized another Immortal was close by that he sprang to his feet, his hand going to the hilt of his sword as his now alert eyes swept across the area.

"Good Lord, Duncan. If I had known I was going to make you pop up like that I would have sent you a messenger to warn you."

Duncan blinked his eyes. "Deirdre?"

The Irish bard laughed merrily. "Yes." Soft giggles came to match her laughter. Duncan saw at least a pair of small faces peeking from behind the woman.

"What are you doing here? And who are these?"

"Well," Deirdre turned and motioned with her hands. Duncan's eyes widened as the line of children who had been following his friend seemed to get longer and longer. She shooed the smiling children into a line, starting with the tallest and probably the oldest, a young girl perhaps about ten.

"Okay, from left to right this is Yinshi, Wen, Ling, Yinreng, Xiao, Yinzhen and Wei."

"Good heavens."

"Oh there are more, it's just these are the ones I'm tutoring right now."

"Tutoring?" Duncan's eyebrow lifted in interest. "Then that means these are the Imperial children I suspect."

"Some of them anyway," replied Deirdre. "The Emperor has quite a few more. To say he's prolific is the understatement of this century. My father never even dreamed about having this many children, or concubines."

"What are you tutoring them in?" Duncan smiled at the wide-eyed group, who looked back and forth from one Westerner to the other, giggling and pointing.

Deirdre hugged the oldest boy and then lifted the smallest girl into her arms. "Music and geography mostly."

Duncan noted the Irish girl was wearing a sword slung from her shoulder. "And swordsmanship?"

"No, there are better blades here than me. Perhaps. I've not felt it necessary to reveal the full extent of my ability with a blade. And yes Duncan, I have been practicing since our last meeting. I have demonstrated enough to also be an Imperial Guard, at least as far as the children go. I like it. It keeps me safer and them too since I can go armed."

"There are threats?"

"Well no one is popping out screaming 'Death to the Duke' but yes. The current rulers are Manchus, not the Han who make up the majority of the Chinese people. They've only been officially on the throne for about forty-five years. There's still a representative or two of the previous dynasty, the Mings, around plus there's plenty of intrigue among the nobility. It's Ireland when my father was on the throne, squared and cubed. At least we all spoke the same language.

The two Immortals chatted just a bit longer until a servant appeared to summon the children, and by implication Deirdre, to the inner palace. The pair did have just enough time to arrange to meet that night for supper.

As evening fell another servant arrived at Duncan's quarters to escort him. To his surprise he ended up in the same courtyard where they had met earlier. There were a table and chairs set out and food steamed on top of the table. Lanterns lit the courtyard. Everything was present but the hostess. The servant bowed and left.

There was a rustle and Deirdre appeared from another doorway. Duncan had seen the Irish Bard before in a tunic and pants, as well as nothing but a sheet and in fact nothing at all. Earlier she had been dressed simply in a loose cotton shirt and trousers. But now she was clad in what Duncan knew was called a giapo. Translated as "long dress", it was a high collared and tight waisted dress with a long slit up the side allowing the legs to be shown off. One day it would be known as a cheongsam.

Duncan bowed, his eyes taking in the body of his fellow Immortal. Deirdre dimpled as she smiled and sat down, allowing the slit of the silk dress to expose her legs. The pair dug into the food and wine and spent an hour catching up on the previous forty years. Not that they confined their chat to only that. They flirted, sometimes ostentatiously, sometimes subtly. They confirmed what their one previous meeting had suggested; they liked each other and were attracted to each other. Nothing overwhelming, nothing that spoke of "forever" but still drawn one to the other.

The meal finished; the pair rose and Deirdre slipped her arm through Duncan's. She guided them through several corridors to another open courtyard. This one held a pair of armed guards, who nodded at Deirdre and eyed him with suspicion. Duncan was careful to keep his hands away from his sword and his attention fixed on the petite woman with him.

"Why the guards?' he inquired as they entered a room and Deirdre closed the flimsy door behind them.

"Because the children's room is right next door. Now, as much as I love those children could we discuss something else?"

Duncan took in the spark in the other Immortal's green eyes. She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him. He took her in his arms, running his hands up and down her body, confirming what he had already suspected, that Deirdre wore nothing under her giapo. He smiled in appreciation and she winked as she reached behind her and the garment fell to the floor.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.