Nightmares Are Bad for You
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2009 by unknownchild

"Oowww my head," Chuck sat up on and continued to groan. He looked up and saw something that almost made him laugh it was so cliché. There were the golden pearly gates and a line of about 20 people. He stood and moved to the line and proceeded to wait. When he made it to the head of the line he heard, "Name please" said a seemingly bored St. Peter

"Charles Darwin Adams" said Chuck.

"Hmm, nope not on the list, sorry."

"What?!" "I'm dead, how can I not be on the list?" right then another angel came over and spoke into St. Peter's ear.

"Sir you are going to have to follow this gentleman and speak to the big guy about this little mix up."

"Chuck Adams"

"Yes Sir"

"Oh please call me God."

"Ok so what is going on?" asked Chuck

"Well you see Chuck you weren't supposed to die the way you did yet."

"Ok, so I died early." "What's the big deal?"

"It screws up my plans" said God, "so I'm pulling a Bill Murray on you."

Chuck thought for a second and said "Ok I'll bite what's a Bill Murray?"

"Groundhog Day, you get to go back and redo your last day until you get the outcome I want."

"Ok I'll do it what's the outcome."

"I'm sorry I can't tell you that, Bye"

Chuck awoke screaming from his horrible dream. Wow that was an intense dream

"it wasn't a dream chuck." Boomed gods voice in his head

"Well fuck, now what?"

So for what would have been the next 7523 days in normal time chuck tried for the outcome that God wanted. He tried many, many things.

He tried robbing his local bank all that happened was the same semi killed him no any time he got near the road it swerved and hit him. One day he decided that he would kill every one that he saw with a meat tenderizer, that didn't work either. He tried not going to the drugstore at all, he even tried being left handed for a day.

Near the end of his torment Chuck had mostly given up it, he went though his day varying only one thing and on the very last day chuck had just had his epiphany about his dream when he looked down and saw for the first time a new shinny penny.

At the time he didn't think about it but everyone near him heard him say, "Ooh look, a penny." As he bent over to pick it up he heard that cursed semi roar by. Ha thought chuck as he stood up. That bastard missed me this time. Chuck, feeling happy for having found a nice new penny strode out into the road without looking. He was promptly hit by another speeding car and killed instantly.

Chuck woke once again on an amazingly soft bed and saw that he was outside heaven again. The line was there and the gate was there so Chuck stood up and got in line again. When he got to the front of the line St. Peter once again asked for his name. Before Chuck could answer St. Peter said, "Oh it's you Chuck, glad to see you again, step over here and wait for your guide."

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.