From Across a Crowded Room
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2009 by Stultus

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2 - A delightfully mushy romantic story of a man who gets a second chance at love at first sight with a girl (now a woman) he glimpsed once long ago from across a crowded room. Their teen-aged romance was postponed, but not lost or forgotten forever.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Romantic   Light Bond   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Pregnancy   Slow  

The years passed. While in college, I found a girl named Miranda that I was fond of and was 98% in love with, married her, produced a lovely daughter named Clara, and then we drifted off into divorce after a few years. I was already making pretty good money right out of school, but my ex couldn't resist the urge to have an affair and attempt to trade up to a slightly better model. It was 'my fault', she said, for working all of those long hours and not giving her enough attention.

I was bitter about it for about ten or fifteen years, but I got over it and we're reasonably friendly these days, for our daughter's sake if nothing else. Miranda is on husband number five now, but I think this one might last. She traded down for a man with half the income of her latest ex, but chose a good man who treats her like a queen instead. Money isn't everything.

Another old saying is that it is true that you never forget your first love. I never did.


Naturally, I didn't quite give my entirely too smart and precocious daughter Clara the full play by play of our only sexual experience. I just insinuated that we had been intimate, but left the details for her very fertile imagination. She's totally shameless and would at the drop of a hat tell me all of the details of her couplings, as if I were one of her university girlfriends. I have to be firm with her and say 'too much information' and hold my hands over my ears a lot, but despite this fault she is still a delight to be around.

Still, it took four or five direct orders to her to stop her from making a full-frontal direct approach to Candice upon my behalf. Grudgingly, I did allow her to use her own personal account to make an end-run into find out more information.

Back up in Austin for the semester at the University of Texas, my daughter successfully tunneled her way into Candice's life via every electronic backdoor she could find. The big break in the case was finding that Candice apparently had a daughter at UT also, and my scheming but adorable daughter had ferreted her out and made personal contact with her. Quite quickly the two of them met for a drink after classes and quickly hit it off, becoming close friends. There was a hint that the two of them had rumpled a few blankets or bed sheets together themselves, but I invoked my 'Way too much information' clause, and held the phone away from my ear until she changed the subject away from the juicy gynecological details. I gathered that Aurora, Candice's daughter was very beautiful (and cuddly) in a girl next door sort of way.

I don't mind the concept of 'Lesbian until Graduation' (LUG), or that my tall and curvy daughter prefers this method of birth control and to prevent other male related 'relationship' distractions from her studies, but I just don't need to hear the juicy details ... it makes my pants too tight in the front.

In her triumphant phone call home a few weeks later, Clara gave me the lowdown on what she had learned about Candice. It actually wasn't a whole lot, as her daughter Aurora was a bit estranged from her mother at the moment. She didn't even know who her natural father was and there had been no recent step-fathers. Aurora was smart, pretty and extremely independent, having earned two different scholarships to fund her university education — and she was more than a bit of a free spirit. Reading between the lines I could tell that Clara was very smitten, maybe even in real love for the first time.

"Good for you!" I assured her. I couldn't blame her one little bit. Even if our daughters each had only inherited half of Candice's and my magnetic connection to each other, they'd be lucky to ever separate either, once joined together.

About Candice, Clara could find out relatively little. She apparently lived in a tiny run down efficiency apartment, didn't own a car, and worked for near minimum wage doing something at some local shopping mall. Getting by somehow in life, but not really doing too very well.

It was also unclear as to exactly what the disagreement was between mother and daughter, but it probably involved Aurora's disapproval over a recent boyfriend of her mother's, and now that he was gone their relationship was slowly mending again. Apparently, Candice had been divorced at least once and had trouble maintaining any sort of romantic relationship since. Candice did love her daughter, regularly sending her any money that she could spare, but she was apparently living on the knife edge of utter poverty.

All very interesting, but none of this helped me to locate her very much. Assuming that I was willing to throw myself out the door and drive for four hours to track down a girl I'd once had sex with over twenty years ago. Darn tooting I was!

I send Clara back to work to at least pry the name of the shopping mall that Candice worked at out of Aurora's tight and secretive (but apparently very kissable lips). It took another three weeks, but a week before the Thanksgiving holiday I was armed with the name of the mall and some vague map instructions on how to find the place and off I went. The driving weather was lovely, it was bright but a little cool, ideally suited for a long road trip, but the miles seemed to stretch endlessly.


Would she even remember me? I doubted it. It had been over twety years, nearly exactly.

Could I even recognize her today? Once my eyes had captured her from far across a crowded room, but now I wasn't nearly so keen of sight. I needed glasses now. Well at least I still had all my original hair, and mostly the same color. Just a little silver in with the golden red. I wish I could say the same thing about my waistline. No one is the same weight they were at seventeen ... but I began to wish I hadn't added quite as much extra stomach padding.

Even if she remembers me and recognizes me, would she even care? I'd probably be some pimply teen who had banged her decades ago. There would first be the look of shock, then embarrassment. She'd exchange pleasantries and talk in general terms about the past, but in the end she'd hugged me goodbye as though my body were wrapped in electric barbed wire. She'd leave without even a hint of a look back.

Besides, there's an unpleasant term for men who do what I've just done. It's called stalking. Most women don't seem to find this sort of attention appealing.

During my drive I must have thought of a hundred reasons why this trip was a really stupid and bad idea. Many of the reasons were even good ones. On the other hand, I had just one reason on the plus column — I just needed to see her again. I just felt that I'd never be complete in my heart until I had found her once again, just one more time, even briefly if necessary. Somehow, one bad reason seemed far more compelling to me than a hundred good ones.

So onward I went to face my doom.


It was early afternoon when I parked my car at the shopping mall. Just about perfect I figured for catching my old lover working at her job, wherever it was. Aurora hadn't confessed up that particular part. I did get the impression that she worked somewhere inside the main mall area and not in one of the big box retail stories. That ought to cut down my searching area considerably. Still, I walked the mall for nearly two hours before I found her.

Once again, from across the crowded area of the food court, I saw Candice, hard at work behind the counter of a small burger and ice cream joint, in the process of serving up some hand-scooped ice cream to an impatient mother and her pair of unappreciative toddlers. Somewhere in the back grill area, a loud unpleasant female voice was bellowing at her to hurry up and attend to the burgers on the grill.

Ouch. Déjà vu all over again. For me, this was exactly like being back at the amusement park once again, and I hadn't much enjoyed it the first time around.

Candice looked older and heavier. Didn't we all? Her hair was much the same color as it had been but maybe with just a hint of gray in the roots. Her breasts were compacted into a tight white restaurant serving dress, but hinted that her cup size was now at least a size or two larger, quite appropriate for a still lovely mature woman. The face looked tired and worn out nearly to the bone, but the eyes ... the eyes were still an electric blue that stabbed me all the way across the foot court. Beyond all doubt, this was my Candice — the girl, now a woman, that I had once loved and pined for.

Sometimes history repeats itself in oddly peculiar ways, as if the Gods of Love, Fate or Chance just can't resist meddling with an already perfect thing. I hadn't made it halfway across the tables and chairs of the food court as I walked to her food stand, when she suddenly lifted up her head and instantly made eye contact with me.

She dropped the cone she was dipping; I stumbled smack into a table - and our eyes became affixed together. When I made it finally over to the counter I could see that she was smiling and had tears flowing in her eyes.

"I'd love to!" She said, much as an echo of our first greeting. "But first, since you've got the superior training and expertise, could you scoop out these two vanilla cones for me? I swear they keep the stuff here frozen even harder than they did at 'DisasterWorld', but at least you've still got the wrist muscles to deal with it!"

How could I resist? I started to head behind the counter to scoop the cones but the fickle customer was having none of it and rushed her maniacal younglings off to McDonalds for some soft-serve instead. Good riddance. That just left one final obstacle in our path, the harridan owner of the food booth that had been making Candice's life miserable since she started working there six months ago.

She wasn't happy to see me at all, and she gave Candice a bunch of marching orders in much of the same manner as she would have spoken to a dog. I looked at Candice and she look probingly at me, with tears still flowing in her eyes.

"Yes, darling, I'm here to take you away from all of this, unless your father is waiting for you outside once again. Better late than never I guess. Go tell the dried up fart behind the counter that she can kiss your magnificent ass goodbye, because you're coming with me ... NOW!" Candice always did like it went I took firm control over her and from the smile growing on her face I could see that this assertiveness was far from unwelcome.

The uptight bitch behind the counter started to rant something about Candice voiding her final paycheck by walking out, but I nipped that one in the bud.

"You. Shut up and take this business card. This is where you will mail Candice's final check, and I expect to see it no later than next Saturday in my mailbox. Otherwise, you will receive another business card from me containing the name of my lawyer, who specializes in employment based legal cases. Pay the fucking final paycheck or lose your entire business ... the choice is up to you, I couldn't give the slightest shit!"

Her boss blustered and fussed while Candice collected up her purse and a few remaining personal items and came to me with an outstretched hand. Together, arm in arm, we walked out from the food court without the slightest glimpse at the mayhem we had caused behind us, as her old boss loudly cursed us both at the top of her lungs and using language quite unsuited for the ears of children. To preserve the last shreds of her dignity, I waited to grab and kiss her well after we were out of sight of the food court.

"You smell gently of popcorn." I said as I pulled her closer to me fearing that at last she would retreat from my embrace. Instead she cried more tears of happiness and pushed herself as tight against me as she could force herself.

Somewhere in the background the mall sound system was playing a Muzak easy listening version of "Staying Alive" and the Gods of Love were undoubtedly laughing themselves silly.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.