Battlemage Nonetheless: Book 1 - Displacement - Cover

Battlemage Nonetheless: Book 1 - Displacement

Copyright© 2009 by Risq

Chapter 6

Ring Ring

"Helloooo... ," slurred Dusty sleepily into the phone.

"Dusty, Dusty are you there?!" said a frantic Lindsey.

"Lindsey, how did you get this number and why are you calling me at," Dusty glanced at the alarm clock on his night stand "five after three in the morning?" he asked.

"Dusty please help me. I know I'm the last person you want to hear from, but I really need your help. It's Chad, he's started drinking heavy and sometimes while he's drunk he hits me. He's maxed out my credit cards again and has taken all the cash I keep lying around for emergencies. He just left with my ATM card to go god knows where. I'm really scared and I don't know what to do anymore. Please help me," said Lindsey softly in a choked voice.

Starting to come awake, Dusty was listening now.

"Lindsey, why are you even with Chad? Wasn't the end our relationship and the end of eight marriages enough to show you what type of person he is?" asked Dusty tiredly.

"Dusty, nothing was right after you left. At the time I thought he was the only one that could understand what I was going through. I just needed someone who could understand. I thought he would, because everyone was blaming him also for what happened," said Lindsey starting to cry.

"But Lindsey you're living with him now?! Well I guess you always did feel that he was the love your life, the one that you couldn't ever forget, even when you were with me. Heck even I felt that way at times listening to you talk about him and your great past together. So I guess that makes sense you would end up with him again.

"So what do you want from me? Aren't you two a couple now? I mean what reason would he ever have to attack you? He helped you ruin our relationship just to get you back," said Dusty tiredly trying to form complete thoughts.

He was still sleepy and not entirely awake yet. He had an exhausting day at work and a hard work out at the gym before bed.

"Dusty, I was always wrong. You were love of my life. I was blinded by what I thought were all the good times with Chad and for some reason I never remembered the bad. I allowed my friends to convince me into believing that I was missing something. Chad wasn't ever better than you in or out of bed.

"You were always the one I truly loved and you worried if I was happy with you too. You made me feel special all the time we were together. I didn't know just how much I would miss that until you were gone. All the little things you did to make me happy that I never see anymore.

"But Chad doesn't care about anyone but himself. I don't know how I could have ever forgotten that about him. He couldn't possibly care any less if I was happy or I got anything out of our relationship.

"All he cares about now is if I'm ready to go when he's ready for sex, when he can even be bothered to come home. And lately he's been forcing me to only have anal sex with him. He's not even lubing me up or anything. He's hurting me all the time now," sobbed Lindsey quietly into the telephone.

Dusty had to strain to hear her at times because she was crying hard and talking softly, but he totally heard the last part and now he was wide awake.

"Hold on! What did you say? Where are you and where is he? We need to get you some help. Someone should have called the police long before now. We need to get you away from him. Where are you staying?" asked Dusty now worried.

He might not love Lindsey anymore or have romantic feelings for her, but he also couldn't sit by and let her be harmed either.

"I'm still in our apartment. I'm still waiting for you to come back to me. Everything is just as you left it waiting for you to come back. I would drop everything for you even quit my job if you would just say the word. If you would ever take my calls you would know that," said Lindsey sobbing.

"Lindsey, we're over. We've been over and now we need to move on with our lives. We just can't be together anymore. But first you need to get out of there. We need to start... ," started Dusty, but suddenly there was a loud noise and then he heard:

"BITCH WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO? GET YOUR ASS BACK IN THE BEDROOM AND ... click," as the line went dead.

Dusty jumped up out of bed and quickly put on some jeans, socks, tennis shoes, a tank top, and a loose leather jacket. As he ran out the door, jumped into his car, and drove over to his former apartment he was on total auto pilot.

He screeched to a halt in front of his former apartment not even bothering to park his car in a space. It had not even been quite ten minutes since Lindsey first called him.

As he raced up to her apartment he was taking the stairs two at a time. When he went to bang on the door he noticed that it was already open. A shoe was caught in between the door and the door jam.

As he slowly pushed it open he heard Lindsey openly crying from her bedroom.

Dusty raced into the bedroom he was stunned by what he saw for a second.

Chad was naked behind an equally naked Lindsey and he was hammering away at her. And from the way she was wailing he was once again taking her anally.

He was doing it very savagely using his left hand to hold her left hand up behind her back while he was holding her down by her neck on the bed with his right hand as he did. Her other arm was flailing as she struggled to get up.

Dusty didn't even think as he round house kicked Chad as hard as he could in the back of the head causing him to fly off the bed and strike his head on the dresser knocking him out cold.

The last sight Dusty had of Chad was as he was sliding down the dresser on his way to the floor with a nasty gash over his eye. Chad had never known what hit him.

Lindsey knew something wasn't right when Chad stopped assaulting her and turned and saw Dusty standing there in a rage looking at Chad's prone form.

It took all Dusty's control not to go over and cripple the unconscious man where he lay. As much as he previously hated the thought of crippling someone again, he had been only dreaming at night of doing it to Chad. He honestly felt like he could do it to him with no remorse. Chad helped ruin his life.

Before Dusty wanted revenge on the two of them so bad it pulled at him at nights. But he never could think of a valid revenge for the two of them that wouldn't have put him behind bars.

He wanted to slap Chad around for awhile so bad he could taste it for what he did to everyone, but he knew that he would definitely get jail time because with his abilities and former status as a semi-pro fighter he would never be able to sell a "self defense" plea to anyone once he finished.

But this time he had just been handed his revenge on a silver platter to justify the beating he always wanted to give him. He even started for him when he heard Lindsey start to cry harder while calling his name.

As he turned and looked at her he saw she had pulled up a blanket around her and was shaking badly and still sobbing. It was then that he also noticed blood on the bed around her, but he was sure that it was Lindsey's and not Chad's because of what Chad was doing to her.

He walked past Lindsey to get the telephone and called 911 and reported the assault and waited for the police to arrive.

He had to get her help first before he could get payback from Chad. But after this that day was coming for Chad no matter how long it took him.

But once he sat next to Lindsey she latched on to him and kept a death grip on his coat with her face buried deep in his neck bawling until the police came.

Once they came into the apartment and took in the scene, he gave his side of the story and Lindsey backed him up that he did that to Chad to stop his assault on her.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.