Battlemage Nonetheless: Book 1 - Displacement - Cover

Battlemage Nonetheless: Book 1 - Displacement

Copyright© 2009 by Risq

Chapter 2

The event in question was the night Dusty and Lindsey went to a summer party two months ago at one of their mutual friend's house.

To be honest Grace was more Lindsey's friend than his, but he got along well with her husband Peter.

Their friends had setup a barbeque pit, games, horseshoes, volley ball, among a few other games, and they had a very large turn out.

Dusty was talking and hanging out with some of the guys he felt more comfortable with even though he really didn't know anyone there when he noticed that he had not seen Lindsey in a while.

She had floated around the yard speaking with different folks they knew, but now he no longer saw her and he couldn't remember when the last time that he had was. So Dusty decided to go looking for her.

After awhile when he couldn't find her anywhere with the people outside he went to go look in the house. There he found Chad as he was heading out of the house via the sliding glass back doors headed now towards the backyard where Dusty was.

Dusty didn't like Chad.

Normally he thought he might not like Chad because he was Lindsey's former boyfriend. But in reality it was because he really screwed her over badly and managed to do it with absolutely no conscience about it.


Chad was a total leech and what the term scum of the earth was coined to refer too.

He didn't want to work and barely did whenever he could be bothered to hold down a job, so he would often be found lying around their apartment all the time playing Nintendo and hanging out with his "boys" when he could be bothered to even come to their apartment at all.

Lindsey, who had a good job as a legal secretary in an office that specialized in corporate and patent law, never could get him to do anything around the house to help out.

She tried hard but he often refused to do anything that didn't involve working out at the local gym, lying around the house, or visiting his fellow bum friends.

Dusty stupidly once asked Lindsey what she ever saw in him, but after being told by her why, he really wished he had never asked her.

Lindsey said, offhandedly with a dreamy expression, that while Chad wasn't the best or nicest guy she had ever been with, and didn't even have the largest cock, he had a fantastic body, complete with ripples and a six pack, and could be a phenomenal lover.

Possibly the best she had ever had or been with. And that he really knew how to push her buttons in bed.

As she spoke Dusty saw the wheels ground to a halt in her head as her eyes widened, and they then quickly darted over to look at his face, when she realized what she just said to him. She then quickly said "besides you of course honey, you do that for me as well and you know that you are a far better lover than he is... ", but by then the damage was already done.

It wasn't like anyone who recognizes they are being thought of as an after thought now believes anything that comes next out of the mouth of the person who is now trying to say something comforting to fix or cover up what they just said.

Even if what she said as an after thought was remotely true, it would never makes the other person feel better.

Everyone knows that.

And he had seen Chad a few times when he and Lindsey were out and he noted that Chad really wasn't all that much bigger than him physically.

Chad had a little more bulk, but Chad moved stiffly with it. And Dusty was sure it was only gym muscle and not something a seasoned fighter would ever need to worry about.

But the reaction Chad got when he was around women showed that he was certainly more attractive than Dusty was. So Dusty had to admit that women really found him very attractive, apparently more so than him.

But through it all Dusty was sure that he loved Lindsey and was sure that she loved him back, so he tried to rationalize her response to his question about Chad to mean that he hadn't put in enough time with her to push Chad out of her mind yet. At the time they had only been dating two months.

While it was hard to accept what she said, he knew that she was still putting her life back together after their break up. He just had to show her he was the better man.

But Lindsey and Chad's life together finally came to a head when Lindsey found that Chad had been using her credit cards to make purchases she knew nothing about.

While it bothered her, at first it was small purchases that Chad insisted was for her, and occasionally he would turn up with some odd pieces of lingerie to prove he did it for her.

But later it became really big purchases, but it wasn't until he maxed all her cards out that she found out that he was using her cards to buy different items for a couple other women. And he even went as far to give Lindsey the previous gifts he gave the other women and when he got newer things for them. Whenever he even remembered to get some of the purchases back from them of course.

Lindsey never would have known if one of the other women, tired of not having Chad all to herself, hadn't called to fill her in.

When confronted by Lindsey, Chad just said "so", got a beer, and went back to his newest console game he was playing in the living room.

Lindsey was livid.

She tried to kick him out because the lease was in her name and she paid all the bills, but found that legally she couldn't because he had lived there longer than 30 days and it was considered his primary residence. So she now had to have him evicted if she wanted him out.

Following the legal process she had him served and was given a date to vacate. But on the date in question, when she returned home, she found he had taken almost everything from the apartment!

The only thing he had left her was her clothes lying on the bedroom floor and some food in the fridge. He must have had his friends help him because she was only gone 4 hours and came home at lunch to check his progress. Now she had no boyfriend and no stuff!

And since he didn't leave a forwarding address and had no job she had no idea of where to even get her stuff back from.

But she pulled herself up by her bootstraps and refurnished her apartment and tried to get on with her life without him.


But what bothered Dusty the most that night of the party was that Chad was even there!

He would have thought that Lindsey's friends wouldn't have been able to stand him either after he cheated on her so blatantly or stole all her stuff.

Dusty figured that they would have sided with her and kept their distance from him.

But he had also heard that Chad had a smooth tongue when he wanted to. But still, to invite him to party with them? What were they thinking?

As he walked past Chad into the house, Chad looked him full in the face and gave him a smirk and kept walking.

Dusty looked at his back strangely, but that smirk wasn't enough to make him go after Chad. He was still looking for Lindsey and had no idea what Chad was smirking about.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.