Blazing Angels - Cover

Blazing Angels

Copyright© 2009 by JC Trent

Chapter 4

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 4 - Adventures of a group of start up mercenaries. Set loosely in the Mechwarrior universe.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Reluctant   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Robot   Space   Rough   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Military  

Who left the water running? Oh and WHO kicked me out of the bed? Whu?... That's not right. Vin slowly took stock of the situation. Ah yes falling. I remember that. She wiggled her fingers and toes. No permanent damage as yet. By the light of the Glo stick she could barely see beyond a few meters up into the shaft from which she fell. I don't want to know how far I fell. Around that shaft was a plasteel roof. At first she just looked around with her eyes, then used more of her head. Can't be too careful of something being hurt, especially since the groovy drugs are still working. She eventually got around to sitting up, a little unsteady considering she still had her pack on and was also sprawled on part of that fan.

Good thing I landed on this ... whatever it is that is soft. Bedding? Oh by the verses! Vin felt a slight wetness trickle down her leg, looking down her bandages were seeping. She appeared to be a store room and sneezed as she slipped off the pile of bedding. Everything was coated in thick dust, indicating the long absence of any living beings. Except for her breathing all she could hear was slow and steady drip coming from somewhere. Now what can I use to fix up my leg? Appears to be mostly bedding and not first aid supplies. Ah! blankets! The blankets were still in good condition having been stored in a fairly dry and cold place.

Vin set to work replacing her blood soaked bandages with bits of torn blanket. She didn't take off all the bandaging as she didn't want to rip off anything that had started to scab. Only the bandages that came off easily were replaced. This was made difficult as she didn't want to take off her new found 'coat' as the temperature, though warmer was still cold enough so that her breathe frosted. Right, that is fixed ... I may have concussion ... I will just have to watch myself. Now, to find a door. This wasn't hard as the room was only 20x20 yarn in area. Unfortunately the door was locked. Vin sighed, At least it is a mechanical lock not computerised.

She put the light up to the lock and saw that it was fairly sturdy, but she should be able to cut through it, hopefully. Retrieving the cutter form her pack, she saw that there wasn't much left. There's nothing for it. I can't stay in here. She set to work cutting the lock away. Verses! I had almost cut through. The cutter spluttered and was still. At least it opens out. Vin tested the door and pushed hard a couple of times, to no avail. This is going to hurt. She put the Glo stick down and checked her slug thrower, seeing it was out of ammo and not wanting to risk using any of the suspect round, she took the knife in hand.

Walking about 5 yarn from the door, she psyched herself up. Taking a deep breathe she slowly let it out and crouched into position. She closed her eyes, took a few more breaths, then open her eyes. Vin charged the door, launched herself at it using her good shoulder. For a split second it held, then gave way under the force and weight of her charge. She ended up sprawled once again, she checked quickly around her knife in hand for anything.

If there was anything here that would have definitely brought them running. She was greeted only by that same steady dripping. Oh! argh! ... I hope that they don't expect me to go out on patrol anytime soon when I get back. She retrieved her gear and Glo stick, rubbing her now bruised shoulder. Choices. Choices. Left or right? The dripping appears to be coming from the left. Well if anything is more is wrong, then I guess it would be better if I found out now.

She turned left going down the corridor, knife still in hand, her footsteps the only ones for stars knew how long. At the end there was a doorway and the corridor turned off to the right where it went for a few more yarn and had some stairs going up at the end. Through the doorway she could see is was a mess. Bench seats and tables, for comrades to sit and eat together, the sink was the source of the drip. Vin thanked the Verse that she wasn't stuck in some underground bunker that was slowly being filled with water. That's something at least.

Vin checked her timer. It had only been 4-5 hours since she had last eaten, so she was out for quite a while. She decided to sit and eat some of the rations that she had. As she ate she mentally went over what she had seen so far. The store room had been packed quite neatly, at least until I fell through the roof. Almost all of the mattresses and sheets were the same size, same basic good quality. The mess is pretty stock standard, at least for a military compound. Civilian messes usually have individual seating. Am I in some hidden military base? I haven't see a weapons store as yet.

She finished her meal tube. Now, to check the stairs. She climbed up the stairs which spiralled around into another room. This one was maybe 5x5 yarn in size. She saw that cloth sheets covered what was in the room. Slowly she grabbed the end of one and dragged it off. Oh my Stars! She uncovered computer panels the lights of some were still blinking.

Vin studied one of the terminals. The input device looked like a standard CORE keyboard. The blinking lights were under the status indicator of "Standby Mode". She hit the "Enter" key and waited. Clicking and whirring sounds from the computers filled the room as one by one the monitors lit up with green scrolling text. She managed to read the words, checking, verifying and a whole lot of status inactives or non-functionals. That may not be good if most of this place is non-functioning. Now what?

The scrolling had stopped. On all the screens was just a green blinking cursor. Verses! Vin covered her eyes, with her other hand going to her knife that she had sheathed as the lights came on. She whirled around to the entrance, blinking rapidly. There was no one there. Slowly lowering her knife she turned an once again looked at the screen.

Emergency Systems: ON

Power plant: NON-FUNCTIONAL

Back up power: 10%

Environment: COMPROMISED

Enter password for full diagnosis and control:

Verses! It wasn't the fact that the environment was comprised that caused Vin to curse and catch her breathe and out of all the dumb luck that the power plant was not working or that the back up power was at 10% that made her pulse race. Heck, even the fact that she needed a password to be able to access the computer mainframe didn't come close to making her palms sweat.

It was the symbol above the text, slowly rotating that made her take a few steps back. She had only read about it in the history subjects about the CORE. The old UN shield. Vin stepped forward and she reached forward, her hand hesitating briefly as if by her very presence the symbol would vanish. She touched the screen and almost laughed when it didn't. Her mind raced with the possibilities. Recently, the CORE had 'rediscovered' some old UN facilities, though they claimed that the technology was broken and non-functioning.

Yes, mused Vin. CORE technology was very fragile and whilst a few thousand years is a long time to a short lived race like humans, for us ... still with the bans in place, this will be useful.

Despite the spirit of sharing that the CORE espoused, the reality was far from the truth. That incident at EU was a prime example. Vin's throat closed with emotion as her thoughts went back the incident, all her emotions hit the walls she had erected around herself. She quickly drew in a deep breathe through her nostrils and concentrated, calming her mind. She didn't want to take the risk that she might be pulled back to her people, especially since she was not long in leaving.

Ah yes the CORE. We were quite willing to share technology, but we don't tolerate stealing. In the eyes of the Elders this more than illustrated that a "tech-ban" should be put in place. Though not only against the CORE. After the EU incident the Elders were kept busy for a while re-negotiating all of their alliances and treaties, factoring in new information that came to light with the presence and influence of the CORE ... Admittedly it was not to the Elders' disadvantage that events unfolded as they did.

So, we share without sharing, just enough to keep the peace, but not enough to be helpful ... well not as helpful. That will all change soon enough. Vin sighed at all the politics, just like being with her Dyarae. It was easy to get lost in the intricate web of relationships just as it was in espionage. And with the arrival of the Tribe to hassle the CORE they might even get desperate. The Verse is so much larger than what the CORE think it is.

She smiled a little thinking of the interaction that she had so far with the people of the CORE, they were as different as could be and yet the same. But then isn't that always the way? Oh well, better to get back to business. Now, from what I remember the old UN tech was fairly good, so trying to crack the computer is definitely out of my league. Since the lights are on I may as well look around a bit to find a way out, especially as the environment is possibly compromised.

She went down the stairs and back the way she came to investigate where the other end of the corridor would lead. I came across a door that was shut tight. There was a monitor there as well, also displaying the message that it required a password for a full diagnostic and control. Huh! There has to be another way through. There was always a manual override. It was just not obvious. I guess the UN technology was reliable if they didn't have to know where the manual overrides where all the time. Plus, whomever is supposed to be here is supposed to know the password.

Gently she felt around the door and then the walls on either side taking her time. Fingers tips probing and measuring the way all the panels were linked together. Aha! She felt one move a little. She pressed the panel, heard a click and it opened. Now lets see. Spokes, wheels, going ... ah here is a crank handle ... now ... here we go. Vin have managed to find the manual override. Nothing like the basics.

The manual override consisted of a good old fashion crank handle to be attached to the various cogs in the wall beside the door. She attached it the handle and started to turn. At first it wouldn't budge, so she removed her wolf 'cloak' to allow more freedom of movement, took off her pack and found a position with better leverage. She pushed as hard as so could using her whole body, ignoring the the pain in her wounds, which she was sure had yet again opened a little. Finally, it started to move, like a glacier in winter and then gradually like honey in winter. That's it keep cranking. Slowly cen by cen (equivalent of centimetres) the door grudgingly opened. Then stopped again about a half-yarn wide. No manner of straining, kicking or yelling at the crank would move it any further.

At least there is light in there. Vin was leaning against the wall, catching her breathe, her injuries screaming at her. She had felt them tear and now that she had finished her task, all the events were starting to catch up with her. That and she believed that the drugs were starting to wear off. Glancing at her watch she saw that they would wear off in a few more hours, she was already starting to feel more pain than a few hours before. She couldn't hold back a painful groan as she retrieved her wolf 'cloak' to drape around her again. Now, that she had stopped exerting herself, she was starting to cool down rapidly.

At least there is light in here as well. She thought as she stepped through the door and once again came to a sudden stop. In fact, she almost had to sit down, where she didn't know. I guess this make up for all the trouble that I have been subject to for the last day or so.


At least this company isn't boring, Aliya mused as she adjusted her altitude to go over the mountains towards Vin's last known co-ordinates. Come on Vin, you scored high in extreme environment survival. Aliya slowed the LAM down as they neared.

"Can you see anything yet?"

Stars! I forgot all about Katrina! Aliya's brow furrowed in slight annoyance. She didn't want Katrina in Wysp, but if Vin was out there she didn't want to argue or waste time. Aliya slowed as they approached, her feet lightly adjusting the thrusters and hands automatically compensating speed. "No, nothing yet."

The valley that they had just entered appeared pristine and untouched. Sunlight winked like an infinite blanket of diamonds of the snow and of Vin or the jeep, there was no sign. Aliya heard Katrina puff out a breathe. "Can we use the sensors to detect the jeep?"

"I can try," Aliya check her sensors and frowned. "There is a bit of interference."

"Here, let me see if I can clean it up." Katrina tapped busily on the controls. "Darned forbidden area." More tapping accompanied by many curses. "I think I have something. Wait a second ... herm that is interesting. Aliya relay me the co-ordinates of that other anomaly."

Aliya relayed them to Katrina. "What is going on? Did you managed to find Vin?"

"No, something far more interesting. I think that that anomaly that was detected earlier is moving. We should check it out."

"What about Vin?"

"Hopefully, it may very well be her and hopefully she has found something interesting." Katrina could not keep the glee out of her words, was not entirely insensitive though that she could not detect a slight consternation in Aliya. "Look, I can't find the jeep and Vin is trained in Extreme Enviro survival. She wouldn't have stayed with the jeep, she would have found some place safe. That anomaly is giving off a large heat signature and it is only in the next valley over the ridge."

"Aye, Captain." Aliya smoothly veered towards the co-ordinates that Katrina sent to her. If that was the anomaly, it was moving. Albeit slowly. Please be Vin. Not for the first time she contemplated the irony of their Captain's nature matching perfectly with their chosen profession. Her sensors beeped, letting her know that something unidentified was within the programmed notification range.

"I am trying to get a visual." Aliya readjusted the sensors for visual. "Katrina, you won't believe this."

"What? What is it?"

"It's a Stars blasted HAMr!"

"YES!" Katrina crowed. "What type? Is it Vin? Can you open comms to it?"

"We are too far away at the moment to confirm the type and comms are still patchy."

"Well approach slowly, just in case." You don't have to tell me twice. Aliya thought. The very idea of coming up against another group trying to stake claim on this planet would be daunting, especially as this planet was supposed to be open only for exploration. Companies fought viscously in the race to claim new planets and strip them of resources as vigorously as The CORE. The last thing they would want is for their small group battle against well funded opposition. I will have something exciting to tell my sisters, should I return to base from this messed up mission. Please be Vin.


Looming far above her were 4 HAMrs, coated with dust of course and goodness knows how long they have been there. Still this is a great find for a small company like ours ... I don't now what salvage Katrina has negotiated with Captain Luminae, but at least it will help some. Perhaps it will give us a bonus. Scratch that... 3 HAMrs and one rust bucket.

Vin walked forwards her gaze running over the 3 HAMrs that looked old, but promising. A shiver ran down her spine as her eyes fell over the A-Class HAMr known as the Black Watch or more commonly the Flying Scotsman. So known for it's booster jet allowing it to "jump". It had a rail gun replacing one hand. Excited she ran up the stairs beside the HAMrs to get to the loading gantry. She was vaguely aware that her injuries were screaming at her trying to force her to stop.

She was dizzy by the time she reached the gantry and opened the cockpit of the Scotsman. This is definitely one of the old UN type HAMrs. It's amazing how little the designs have change. Vin started stripping off her clothes so that she could fit into the pilot's seat. She was briefly concerned that blood was slowly flowing from all of her wounds. I guess decades of war and espionage means that a lot of things were forgotten or not progressed. I definitely won't need my cloak.

She eased herself into the seat, half expecting to be violently ejecting, laughing when she wasn't. She initiated the start up sequence, allowing it to warm up. By the Stars! Is that? Vin picked up the helmet she noticed just to the side. It is! One of the Neuromets. Let's see if it will work. Vin plugged the neuromet into the HAMr and place it on her head. On the visor a HUD (heads up display) of the HAMr appeared.

HAMr Type: Assault Class

HAMr Model: Black Watch

The HUD of the HAMr disappeared.

Commencing Scanning...

Vin saw a progress bar starting.

Rank?

Vin stared stupidly at the question. There wasn't a keyboard in the cockpit to be able to enter the information. Perhaps? "Private."

Rank: Private

It amended itself.

Name:?

"Lavinceer Tavrog"

Name: Lavinceer Tavrog

She could get used to this.

Password?

Ah now here is th kicker ... is it the password to access or a password for me? I have heard of one person who had tried to hack one of these things and got fried ... not a thing I want. I guess in for win.

"Metamorph"

Vin held her breath, ready to try to take the Neuromet off if it was going to fry her brain.

Password updated.

Scanning complete

Downloading data to HAMr.

The visor of the Neuromet cleared then and she could see the HAMrs HUDs. There she could not only see the 360 view of the HAMr bay, but the progress bar indicating that it was downloading data and the system checks that the HAMr was going through. The cockpit was starting to warm up. The progress bar moved slowly.

She grabbed her pack to take some more food tubes and water as well as drugs. Now that the initial flush of excitement had passed a wave of pain hit her protesting at the abuse that she had put her body through. Well, it's not over yet. I have to try to get this puppy out of here and find the rest of the company before I can pass out.

The increasing warmth of the cockpit and the events of the day were starting to catch up with her. She felt her eyes starting to close as she watching the progress bar creep up to 50%. NO! I can't fall asleep. I've got to keep awake. She busied herself scanning through the displayed systems checks that the HAMr was going through. Interesting ... It seems that this HAMr was new. As new as it could have been when it was first here. All the programs are being loaded. Looks like a lot of maintenance needs to be done.

It wasn't surprising given how long the HAMr must have been mothballed for. Vin found that all the motor functions were operational, though in need of maintenance and most of the weapons were offline due to deterioration with the exception of the Rail gun. Sensors were functional and communications as well.

The cockpit turned green with the words "Download completed. All systems Active". ALRIGHT! Vin fitted her feet on the pedals and her hands gently clasped the controls. The moment of truth. Vin used the controls to gentle get the HAMr to take it's first step. Oh STARS! Vin quickly adjusted as the HAMr stumbled and crashed into the one on the left, knocking it down. Thankfully she stayed upright. Ok, I got it now.

Gaining confidence she moved the Scotsman forward following the arrows on the floor towards the exit.


"Wysp to unidentified HAMr, please respond."

"Try again, Aliya." Katrina urged.

"Wysp to unidentified HAMr, come in."

All she could hear was dead air and static.

"What's it doing?" Aliya could hear Katrina whisper from behind her. Although why Katrina was whispering she didn't. She check her visuals.

"It appears to be turning."

"Well, keep going forward and try not to look threatening." Try not to look threatening? Sure, let me just paint a smiley face on my HAMr right now. How the heck can I do that? Maybe this. Aliya stroked the pedals and gently moved the controls, playing with Wysp and lightly buzzing the HAMr, which when got closer noted that it was a fairly heavy class. "Now what is it doing?"

Aliya checked the edge of the HUD which displayed what it was behind her and saw the HAMr raising it's arm. "I think it's waving."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.