Battlemage: Book 5 - End of a Legacy and New Beginnings
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2009 by Risq

"Where are we," thought Brianna as she looked around her.

As she sat up on the makeshift bed it was then she noticed she was no longer dressed in her leather vest, shirt, pants, or wearing boots, but instead was in an extremely tight revealing bikini top that just barely contained her breasts, a high cut thong with a transparent half skirt sewed into the back of the band, and she was barefoot.

Even though she didn't have the figure from her youth she used to have, it still was a very impressive one for her age. She didn't have any fat anywhere to be seen on her. The outfit did nothing but flatter her slim figure. It showed that while she was still nice to look at, she was at one time truly impressive.

"Well it's obvious that I'm not in the Inn anymore," thought Brianna dryly as she looked down and examined her outfit.

But Brianna didn't give her new attire much consideration as she now looked around her and noticed that she was in a cell that had three stone wall with bars on the forth wall facing into some form of hallway. There was a toilet in the corner of the room to her right and her bed on the left. She could see some stairs of to her right that lead up. How she was dressed was less important than getting out of the cell was.

As Brianna got up and looked around the room she first examined the bars and iron door for any form of weakness. The bars were solid looking, oiled up, and looked to be kept up well. The door looked the same to her. Whoever put her here was determined she wasn't going to be leaving anytime soon. Brianna went ahead and shook the bars on the outside chance the door might have been unlocked.

After verifying it was locked she went back and had a seat on the makeshift bed to think.

"Nana? Nana, are you ok? Are you awake yet?" asked Gem quietly from close by.

"Gem? Sweetie is that you? Yes, I'm ok, but are you okay honey?" responded Brianna. She tried to lean as close to the edge of the room as she could to hear Gem better.

"Yes ma'am, but I'm in a cell like you. Everyone is in cells close to us," said Gem. "You're in the end cell I think."

"Honey do you know what happened?" asked Brianna.

"Yes ma'am. I awoke first and heard them talking. We were taken from the Inn and they plan to sell us to people. Something about an auction that is going to take place soon in a few days and that's where we'll be sold," said Gem.

Suddenly Brianna was very aware of her attire again.

"Honey did they do anything to you. Did they hurt you or touch you in anyway?" asked Brianna slowly. She was now concerned for the girls and if they were mistreated.

"No ma'am, they didn't. They waited until I and the other girls were awake and then they tossed in these clothes and told us to get dressed in them. My clothes look like a bra and panties set. It's a really creepy outfit," said Gem. "They then took our other clothes from us. They threatened to come in and change us if we didn't do it quickly ourselves. They even stood and watched as I changed. I believe they did the same to the other girls.

"The other girls are now trying to sleep as much as they can until we figure out what to do, but everyone is really scared. Aunt Rayne and Cassie are still sleeping in their cells and I don't believe they have awoken yet since we were brought here. The other girls close to them said the men went in and dressed them like they did you and every once in a while make them drink something. Are you ok Nana?" asked Gem.

"I'm fine sweetie they didn't hurt me," said Brianna.

As Brianna said that she took stock of herself again.

She didn't feel like she had recently had sex or been invaded in anyway while she was out. At best they might have taken a few feels while she was unconscious. And long as she didn't know what they did to her, she wouldn't think about what could have happened.

"That's good Nana. Nana can I ask you a question?" asked Gem quietly.

"Sure honey, what do you want to know?" asked Brianna quietly back

"What's a bald beaver? The men who dressed you and took your clothes said that you and Aunt Rayne had one and they laughed and made comments about how it looked on you both. What is that?" asked Gem curiously.

Brianna suddenly felt herself growing red in the face. She had no idea how to answer that question.

"That is something that adults have honey. But for right now lets see what we need to do to get out of her," said Brianna trying to change the subject.

"Honey do they know you're a mage?" asked Brianna quietly.

"No Nana I don't think so. They said they knew one of us was, but they didn't seem to be too worried about which one. They took my Bo staff and pack and stuff, but that was all," said Gem.

"Can you open the door honey?" asked Brianna.

"Not yet Nana, but I'm working on it. It has a pretty high level enchantment on the doors to prevent anyone from using magic to unlock it. I'm sure aunt Rayne or dad could do it, but I can't just yet, but I'm going to keep trying it," said Gem with determination.

"Keep trying honey and let me know how it goes. I'm going to see what going on around us," said Brianna.

"Nana, every once in a while some men come and take a look at us or give us food and water. One man has been back a few times and he seems to pause at your cell for a while. The first time he whistled when he looked. The other girls are saying he did the same to Aunt Rayne and Cassie as well. We think he's in charge," said Gem

"Hmmm, ok I'll have to check him out on his next trip by honey," said Brianna grimly.

Brianna didn't like the way that sounded.


"Ok boys, from what we gathered the slavers quarter were looking for is in the far corner of the city close to the docks at the edge of town. But we need to hurry and search fast. I've been told that that the auction is going on right now. If we split up we'll cover much more ground," said Aric grimly.

Aric and the twins had pushed hard the last few days without sleep and came non-stop to Galicia. They arrived just after dusk and immediately started questioning everyone they came across. Once they were directed to the bad part of the city, they started learning more and more about what was going on.

It seems that the slavers were advertising that they had unbelievable stock and that various folks from the rich and affluent came to take a look. The rumor was that they expected the turn out and the final price to be paid to be astronomical for the new women and girls they had.

Once Aric heard that he started to get furious, but he started to reign in his anger because he needed to be in control to find Brianna. Either he would find her before the sale, during, or right after, but he wasn't leaving the city before he got Brianna back. And if anyone assaulted her, well he didn't want to think about that now.


"That man is creepy Nana," said Gem.

"I know honey, but I'm trying to think of a plan because I think the auction is over," said Brianna.

She said that because there were a lot of people that came through and the kept talking quietly among themselves. Now they were all suddenly gone. And that greasy looking man came back alone to smile and check them over one last time. He stopped at Brianna's cell to take a really hard look as he smiled and shook his head.

"Let's see how this plays out, " thought Brianna once she saw him walk away.

She was pretty sure that they had all been purchased, but her biggest fear was they were all purchased by different people and would be split up. It would take a really long time to find everyone if that happened.

"GET UP AND GET READY! YOU'RE HEADING OUT!" said a booming voice suddenly from the stairs.

As Brianna tried to look down the hallway she saw an older man who while was muscular wasn't as large as her husband and now was heading toward their cells. There were a couple of other men with him. Brianna was sure she could take them easy though once her door was opened.

But the men headed for Gem's cell first and opened it and dragged her out. While holding her by the neck the older man turned to Brianna cell.

"Ok gorgeous here's how it's going to work out, you're going with us. We were told that you are as dangerous as your daughter, but you have no magic so we aren't too worried about that. But if you try anything we'll kill this girl here. We don't want to have to do it, but if we need to we will. All it will cost us is the need to refund the money back to the client," said the man with a nasty smile.

"What about the other girls?" Brianna asked as she headed up the hallway to the stairs. She saw that the other three girls looked really scared, and Rayne and Cassie were still unconscious as she walked past their cells.

"Different buyers, you two were purchased by the same man," said the man. "They ship out in the morning with their new owners. Now get moving we need to deliver you with in the hour."

As one man lead the way as Brianna followed with Gem being held tightly by one of the men. The one who was talkative brought up the rear.

Gem knew as a mage she really wasn't going to be able to fight them in hand to hand. And if she started trying to cast she would give away the secret she was a mage and take away any chance at a surprise later.


Aric was standing outside a couple of warehouses at the edge of the wharf. He easily took out the various guards around the three warehouses. Since no one knew where they kept the slaves, he was searching this side of the warehouse district and the boys were searching the other side a block over. The warehouses were huge.

Aric thought he was on the right track where he was because he heard the men talking about the hot red head, the pretty blacked haired one, and the gorgeous older woman, and how it was unfair the boss wouldn't let them sample them at all because he wanted to try for a higher price for them.

He wasn't really sure for a while, but when they mentioned the four young girls they brought in with them at the same time, he was sure that he had the right place.

While he didn't kill the men, he did disable them and pull them in between the buildings where he left them as he headed for the front office.


"Caelan I'm sure this is the right place. Look, see how they keep all those guards around and how they only have one entrance where everyone is checked. I'm sure this is it. But we need to move fast it seems that a lot of people are leaving the area. I'm sure they are the losers and they will move the girls soon," said Jaden.

"You're right. What do you think is the best way to get in?" asked Caelan.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.