Battlemage: Book 3 - Return of the Prodigal Sons - Cover

Battlemage: Book 3 - Return of the Prodigal Sons

Copyright© 2009 by Risq

Chapter 4

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 4 - Caelan and Jaden are back after a two year family trip. Against Aric's wishes they and their mother have done worked as mercenaries in a few border wars while they were gone. How will this decision affect their lives and will it possibly spill over and affect the lives of those they love around them?

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Slow  

"So what you're saying is that either we can never have sex, or I have to be prepared to marry Darla because she could go insane if we have sex and I wasn't willing to assume the responsibility to spend the rest of my life with her?" asked Caelan with wide eyes.

"Yes, that about sums it up, but with your magic abilities there is no way to tell how the bond with Darla would turn out. The two of your powers might create something totally unique, given who you are," said Galen.

The four youths came to Galen home and he explained Darla's condition again to them, while Brianna and Aric looked on. Both of them were relived that Caelan didn't seem to be taking this lightly. They were happy that he was weighting the consequences of his possible actions

Caelan turned to Darla.

"What was it like during that time?" Caelan asked with concern.

"As the days passed it felt like you were moving further and further away, and then one day suddenly felt like I was dreaming. All of my senses were screwed up. I couldn't seem to wake up no matter how hard I tried," said Darla.

"Then I saw you everywhere I looked, I smelled you everywhere, I literally felt you everywhere, and I heard you everywhere. Then to me, as sudden as it started I was waking up in your bed, and my parents told me it was eight months after you left. But at the time it seemed like it was just yesterday that you had just told me goodbye," continued Darla.

"You have to believe me. I only vague remember that date with Quinn, but to me at the time it felt like he was taking me to meet you in a dream, and I didn't want you to be mad at me so I didn't let him do anything that you would get upset about once you came to get me," said Darla as she squeezed his hands tight and looked straight into his eyes

Brianna and Aric looked at each other at the mention of Quinn.

That would need to be a conversation for another time. But they also noticed that Gail was subdued as well. They were used to her being all smiles, laughs, and comments. But she was acting almost as shy and lost as Darla was now.

"Gail, honey, is something wrong? You seem so quiet," said Brianna.

"I was wondering about that too," said Jaden as he looked down at her.

At that Gail broke down in tears and pulled Jaden close to her.

"I've missed you so much, and I as watching Darla breakdown I felt so guilty that as my best friend was having that problem my only real thought kept being when I would see you next. I loved you more than I thought possible and I don't ever want to say or do anything that might cause you to leave me again," said Gail crying with her head buried in his chest.

Jaden just looked around the room in shock.

Jaden looked down at the top of Gail's head and said "You love me? Are you sure, I mean I never wanted to pres..." but was cut off as Gail put her arms around his neck and pulled him down into what everyone could see was clearly an open mouth kiss.

"That's the Gail we all have come to know" thought Brianna dryly as she slightly frowned, "She was always the impulsive one."

Aric just looked on in quiet shock.

"Were they always that close?" he wondered.

Darla looked over at Caelan, leaned in, and gave him a quick kiss on the lips too.

"I think you and everyone in this room now understands how deeply I feel about you," said Darla shyly and softly.

"We need to talk more about everything, but we need to talk to my parents too," said Darla.

"We'll have everyone at our house tomorrow night and we'll discuss it then," said Brianna.

"Can Bryan and his Wife come?" asked Darla.

"BRYAN AND HIS WIFE!" said Brianna and Aric together.

"When did this happen?" asked Caelan clearly shocked. The family thought he was still waiting for Rayne.

"Let's discuss it over dinner tomorrow," said Darla.


"Ahh, so that's what happened," said Aaron as he sat back. "We knew something wasn't right, but to tell the truth I didn't totally understand what Galen was trying to tell us. We just accepted it because Darla seemed to be better. Your explanation makes more sense to me."

After dinner the kids all took a walk with Bryan, his new wife Carla, and their small baby Rebecca. They left their parents to talk.

"How is Caelan handling this? I know that it would bother me if I was only with someone because of a sense of obligation. How do we cure this for Darla?" asked Aaron with a frown.

Gemma suddenly looked over at Aaron. If anyone had been looking at her face they would have seen that she appeared to be looking really scared for some reason.

She had the wild thought that based on how Aaron asked his question he might not want her anymore or was with her out of obligation. Or that he might be having second thoughts about giving her a second chance seasons ago. Or even that he felt she wasn't doing everything she could to make him believe she was sorry for what she did and that she loved him more than life itself.

Gemma genuinely hoped and prayed that wasn't the case.

"Aaron, speaking as a mage it doesn't work that way. Her power is part of who she is. Once Darla started to bond with Caelan, it became something beyond her control. It's not something that she has any control over or there is a cure for," said Aric.

"Can it be changed or removed? It feels like it's not her own will to do it, but she's feeling this way because of a magic compulsion that is making her," said Aaron with a frown.

"Look at it this way, when a baby chick or calf is born, it impresses on the first thing it sees. That is a bond that is created. Often times if the mother dies, the offspring will stay close by, starving, because it can't break that bond. It didn't pick the bond and no way can it break it," said Aric.

"That's what Darla has now. She started to form a bond with Caelan. She's not being forced, she could try to stop it, but she seems to have a greater pleasure from being with him than not around him at all. She has some control and can choose who or if she wants to be with Caelan. Well for the time being anyway," said Aric.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.