Growing Up
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2009 by Openbook

Drama Sex Story: Chapter 6 - A My Brother's Keeper Story. Jimmy finds himself once again negotiating from a position of strength. At least, that's what he believes.

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Reluctant   BiSexual  

"It was my father, wasn't it? You are such a fucking bastard. I hate you!"

I can't say I was terribly surprised that Tina was angry. I had expected that. It was the degree of her anger that startled me. It wasn't the first time I'd drawn her ire for something I'd done, but I found myself now hoping that it wouldn't be the last time either.

"You're the one who set all of this in motion, Tina. Didn't you stop to think that it was possible that something like this could happen? Instead of being pissed off with me, you should ask yourself what him buying your paintings for that much money must mean to him? As for the rest of it, I'm not about to apologize for selling property I owned, and to anyone I choose to."

"You sold me out to him. I can't forgive a betrayal like this."

"I didn't ask for your forgiveness. I've listened to you talking about your father for a long time. How do you think I felt when he claimed most of what you've told me wasn't true?"

"Like what? Why would you believe him and not me?"

"He told me you left the family home of your own volition, that he and your mother didn't kick you out or even ask you to leave. He showed me an audited asset statement for Sherry's trust fund, and for the money your mother had when she married him. Both showed he'd gotten excellent returns on the investments he's made for them. He understands why you hate him, and he willingly accepts the blame for his failures too. Most of all, he regrets the choices he made to not be there for you or your sister when you were growing up."

"I don't care about any of that, and neither should you. If you really loved me, you wouldn't have done what you did. If you remember, all we asked you to do was see about getting Sherry's money away from him. Did you at least manage to do that much?"

"If you remember, all I promised was that I'd look into things. I have, and I'm very well satisfied that Sherry's interests are being well looked after. Your father loves you. I think you need to make your peace with your parents, Tina. I don't want to start out our marriage with you having all this emotional baggage you seem to be carrying around in your head. I saw how much he loves you, even though he isn't the easiest person to discuss emotions or feelings with."

"It is way too late for him to want to be a part of my life now. It was too late even before their coldness finally forced me to leave. I can't believe either you or he thought you could buy me with a million dollars. I'm not for sale."

"How is he trying to buy you? Besides, I owned those paintings that I sold, not you. I'm not sure what you think anyone is asking of you. I didn't ask you to do anything other than see if you could possibly find it in yourself to put these bad feelings and memories behind you so we can get married with the two of us having a clean slate to begin our married life together."

"He bought you off too. You're just like all the others. Let's go, Sherry. I'm just happy that I found out about you before we ever got married."

I offered them a ride back to Tina's place. It wasn't that cold out, but it was getting dark outside, and the two of them still had all their things here from when we went on vacation. At this point, I was more than willing to let Tina have some time to think about things.

I waited half an hour while they located and packed everything. When they finally came into the living room to tell me they were ready to go, I put on my coat and walked out to my car. I loaded up all their things, marvelling at how quickly people can accumulate. We drove over to Drayton in silence. I had nothing new to use to try to bolster my arguments. When we got to Tina's place, I could see that Sherry was holding herself back somewhat, allowing Tina to move the bulk of her things inside before they dealt with any of Sherry's stuff.

"Jimmy, would it be all right if I still stayed at your house? I feel safe there, and it's nice. I hate living in Tina's crummy apartment."

"I think she needs your support tonight, Sherry. Give her a few days to think about everything, okay? If she doesn't decide to change her mind by then, you're very welcome to come back to your old bedroom."

"If she decides to really leave you, do you think maybe I could take her place?"

I was a little floored by her question. There could be no question that Tina was the glue that kept the three of us together. I'd always just assumed that Sherry understood this. Tina and I were the couple. There could never be an option where Sherry could step in to take her place in my life. I felt some confidence that Tina would come around eventually, realizing that whatever I'd done, it had been with her best interests first and foremost in my mind.

"Sherry, I'm not sure how to answer your question, other than by telling you that it's Tina I love. I like you, but that's because you're her sister, and you're a nice girl. You both resemble each other so much, physically, but are so opposite in so many other important ways. You and I, by ourselves together, that couldn't work out. You'll be better off by sticking close to your sister. By the way, I'm pretty sure your parents would welcome you back if you just went to them and told them how sorry you were about starting that fire in your room."

"Did daddy say anything to make you think that?" She looked so lost, and, at the same time, so pathetically hopeful.

"No, I guess he didn't. If you want me to, I can call him tomorrow and ask him what you can do to be able to come back home again?"

"That's okay, I guess, but I'd rather come stay with you, like before, except without Tina bossing me around all the time like she does."

I leaned in and kissed her on her nose, something I'd taken to doing to differentiate the good bye kisses that Tina and I usually shared when one of us went somewhere without the other. Sherry seemed to like and accept that difference in how I treated each of them.

"Look after your sister. She's going to be having a rough time of it for awhile, I think. She has a lot to think about now."

I drove back to my house, upset and anxious, but still thinking that something good might eventually come out of this currently bad situation. I didn't have any trouble sleeping that first night. By the fourth night though, my doubt demons were out in full force. I'd gone over and over my meeting with Mr. Axelbland in my head, still unable to find a place where I'd taken a wrong turn. When I tried the same thing, looking at things from Tina's perspective, I could understand some of her fears, but they never rose to a point where I'd consider all of them together as being sufficient justification for how she'd reacted to me when she found out about what I'd done.

On the fifth day, Sherry showed up on my doorstep, carrying all her worldly goods, on her back, and in those two matching leather suitcases she'd brought with her on the trip to Hawaii.

"Tina told me to come here. She said she doesn't want to be responsible for me anymore. Have you talked with Daddy yet?"

"Come in, come on in. I'm sorry. I completely forgot about calling your father for you. How's Tina?"

"She's a grouch, but it isn't as bad now that her period is finished. She's still really mad at everyone. She put that phone you gave her in that tank behind her toilet. In the water. I'm sure it doesn't work anymore."

I had to laugh, that was so like her to do something like that. I left Sherry in my kitchen, making herself something to eat. I went into my bedroom to call Sherry's dad. After I got him on the phone I tried to explain what the situation was now, and about how Tina and Sherry were at odds with each other. When I inquired about the possibility of Sherry coming back to his house, his flat refusal really surprised me. I'd expected they might have some conditions for her to return, but an outright refusal like he gave me, that had surprised me, and really had caught me off guard. I went looking for Sherry.

"He told you no, right?" At least somebody wasn't surprised.

"That's right. I guess he's still mad about that fire."

"I'm fine with it, if you'll let me stay here. Have you gotten my trust money away from him yet?"

"No. I assumed you were satisfied that he's done a great job with investing your money."

"How much is there now?"

"Sixty seven million. I have those account summary's he gave me, if you want to take a look at them."

"No, that's okay. Did he tell you anything about what I'm supposed to do when my birthday comes? Will I have to sign a lot of papers to get my money?"

"I'm not really sure. I can get you an appointment with the same lawyer I used to force your father to agree to see me. He should be able to answer all your questions."

That night, I slept in my bedroom and Sherry kept to her room. In fact, that's what happened for the next six nights. For some reason I'd gotten it into my head that Sherry intended to make some kind of a sexual play for me. If she did plan that, she was either extremely subtle, and I'd missed all her signals, or she was equally as patient as I was, biding her time to wait for the perfect opportunity before pouncing on me. After two weeks of going without, I found myself very 'pounceable'. I knew better than to attempt to initiate things, even though I was beginning to strongly doubt that I be seeing Tina anytime soon.

Mr. Axelbland's check had cleared his bank, without any problems. I'd decided to leave the money in my personal checking account, not really sure about what I should do with so much. I'd thought about buying back those paintings from him, then I thought about giving Tina the money, just to see what she'd do with it. Finally, I just left it where it was, and moved Sherry's paintings back out to where Tina's had once been hung.

It was a Sunday night in April before Tina came over to my house again. As soon as I let her in, she started looking all over my house, checking all the rooms, and seeing what changes I'd made since she'd left me. She spent several minutes in my little living room staring at the three paintings above the mantle.

"You put Sherry's paintings back here? They look good out here. Where is she?"

"She left this morning, with a woman named Evelyn. I don't know her. I think they said something about going into New York for some charity event. I'm not real sure though."

"Evelyn Caro, she was Sherry's first roommate, back in her freshman year in college. She's a big lezzie. I bet they went to some lesbian fund raiser. I think I heard that Evelyn had turned into some sort of a sexual/political militant. I hope Sherry doesn't fall for supporting their whole weird agenda they keep trying to get enacted."

"I didn't know. Do you want me to have a talk with her about it?"

"She sleeps in her old room, not with you?"

"So far at least. Some nights I find myself hoping she'll sneak into my room, but so far, she hasn't."

"Speaking of that, can we go in your bedroom and have some sex, without either of us bringing up all our other problems?"

"I can only speak for myself, of course, but I sure can."

"Just to help each other out, right? Not like we were before?"

"Is that how you want it to be? If it is, that's how we'll do it."

The sex was great, like it had always been, but without all the frills and the hundreds of little niceties that move sex over into a different column, one where deep emotions seem to color everything, and seem to play a part in enriching the overall experience. It was somewhat emotionally detached, but still satisfyingly intense, on a purely physical level.

"Thank you, Jimmy. I was getting so itchy, and it was beginning to affect my painting too. Can I use your shower before I go?"

"Sure. You want me to give you a ride back to your place?"

"No, I'd prefer to walk. Did you ever cash his check?"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.