Battlemage: Book 1 - Beginnings and Discoveries - Cover

Battlemage: Book 1 - Beginnings and Discoveries

Copyright© 2009 by Risq

Chapter 9

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 9 - In a world of swords and magic, where one is only able to choose one skill or the other, once every millennium there is born one man capable of using both. But while these men have gained such unbelievable power, it also comes at a cost of a painful hidden legacy. What is that legacy and will the newest Battlemage be able to escape it?

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Cheating   Slow  

Andrea sat next to the bed looking down at the face of a sleeping Daven.

It was hard to believe watching him that this was the same face of the young man who was the terror of husbands and fathers alike.

Likewise it was hard to believe this was the same face of the young man who was well known as well for his uncommon attractiveness.

If it wasn't for his barely hidden arrogance, that few who got close enough to him could see, she herself might have found him more attractive.

He always had a quick smile, a quick wit, and sometimes a touch of mischievousness about him.

And as long as she'd known him, he always had the gift of gab, able to charm even the most chilled of receptions by people who didn't like him.

Well, almost all, she had never given into him in all the numerous times he tried to charm her or steal a quick feel, both before and after she and Aric announced their betrothal. He tried right after they returned and he still had a fresh crossbow bolt wound!

But now in obvious pain his face often was pinched and he grimaced or he sometimes lightly moaned from his shoulder wound.

From time to time she would change his pillow with a fresh one because of all the sweat that soaked it from his fever. And that fever had yet to break. It was a good thing Aric was there during that battle that could have cost the Prince his life.

What amazed her still was how humble Aric was after the battle.

Aric still told her and everyone else that at most there was one, possibly two, thousand men on the field, but the men with them insisted on calling it the battle of 10,000 where Aric stood tall burned all in front of him for the sake of the crown as his power fully awakened.

Still, for someone to face that many armed opponents, and run toward them to save a friend instead of away from them? That was her Aric, generous to a fault.

He was a young Battlemage, the likes that had not been seen in the world in a millennium with the ability to use a sword if he chose as well carry spells onto a battlefield.

But it was his gentle nature that would prevent him from ever turning into a war monger, or someone who greatly enjoyed the battle field.

Aric even told her that after Daven was finally safe, first he passed out and then later he thought he'd never stop throwing up.

All his abilities, as well as his physical strength, appeared still to be quite powerful.

As their enemies took flight Aric managed to carry Daven, who was in full armor in his arms, all the way back through the battle lines. He refused to allow any to touch him till he placed Daven in his own tent and went and found a healer who was capable of helping him.

Daven managed to stay conscious through the end of the battle, and was able to witness Aric awakening, but he lapsed into unconsciousness when the healer had to pull the bolt free of his shoulder.

While the healer was able to remove the bolt from Daven and bandage the external wound, Daven had lost much blood and the bolt itself was very far from being clean. The owner couldn't have done a better job of causing infections than if he had dipped the bolt in poison first.

The bolt had much rust on it, not to mention it had been exposed to the elements and god knows what else.

As such while the healer could only bandage the wound, they had no medicine on the battle field to treat the site of the wound. Most soldiers who take crossbow bolts to the body don't live long enough to be carried off the field, so such remedies aren't usually kept around.

They needed to travel back to the castle as soon as possible because they would need the castle physician, or at the very least the pharmacist, to get something to treat the possible infection.

But even then they knew at the time that it would be awhile before they could get him treatement.

Daven had regained consciousness once he returned to the castle and he, as well as Quinlan and Andrea, had worked hard to convince Aric to leave for the academy and that Daven would recover just fine.

Aric was worried for his friend, and wasn't really ready to leave his side, but Quinlan pointed out that the academy was looking for him to start a few days after that famous battle.

That if Daven took a turn for the worse they would let him know, and he could get emergency leave to return, but for now they needed to let Daven rest, and his sitting around waiting could be put to better use learning to use his abilities. The best thing he could do was learn how to use his abilities as quick as possible.

Aric was hard to convince because he knew it was only the appearance of a Battlemage on the field of battle caused the other army to rethink their invasion plans. And he didn't want to leave Andrea without protection either.

But he was different.

Mages normally didn't wear armor, but someone who could wear armor, and who could be in the middle of a battle, could then erupt with a damaging spell that could decimate the battlefield of all who opposed them.

All armies feared that.

It was the unknown, and the possible powerful nature of his abilities, that had their enemies the most terrified.

But Quinlan was able to finally convince him to leave by pointing out if the kingdom had someone capable as a White mage, then Daven may have been able to be healed on the battlefield.

Andrea also pointed out to him that, while she didn't think much of Daven, she would watch over him a few days and she would let him know if anything came up when she wrote to him while he was away.

And that he wouldn't be gone all that long, that they would see each other on school breaks, and soon afterwards they would be married and spend the rest of their life together.

And while standing in Daven room she gave him such a smoldering kiss that it almost curled his toes. Something to remind him to stay away from the other female students she said after she did it.

Daven laughed, threw a pillow at the two.

All of this played through Andrea's mind as she sat looking down at Daven.

About three days after Aric left, Daven suddenly took fever and lapsed into unconsciousness again.

It was discovered that the site of his wound had a large pus build up and was very infected. The decision was made to try and handle it quietly and if it looked like he was going to die they would contact Aric.

They felt that since all the citizen's knew about Aric and his sacrifice, that if the Prince died after all that, then they might lose faith in Aric's power to protect them from harm.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.