The Lost Colony
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2009 by Futurist

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 3 - A story about normal people from our world and time, thrown into extraordinary circumstances. I spend six chapters to get things going, so it has definitely earned the tag Slow.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   girl   Consensual   NonConsensual   Lolita   Reluctant   Rape   Coercion   Magic   Slavery   Fiction   Historical   Furry   Were animal   Sister   Cousins   Uncle   Niece   Aunt   Humiliation   Torture   Snuff   Harem   First   Pregnancy   Exhibitionism   Voyeurism   Size   Slow   Caution   Violence   Transformation  

Act 1

Scene 3

As they entered the marina and the large attached sporting goods store, Paul turned to the boys and said, "We're going to stick together only long enough to get the boots, jeans and shoes. After that, to save time, we're going to split up. Clark you will get the rest of the clothes, make sure you get large of everything on this list."

Paul handed Clark the list, and as he read it he saw the following:

3 sets Gortex All Weather Gear

3 pairs of jeans for each

1 pair of boots for each

6 Sweatshirts

3 Hooded Sweatshirts

6 Wool sweaters

6 sets poly long johns

3 sets wool long johns

12 packages sweat socks

6 packages wool socks

3 windbreakers

3 sets Gortex gloves

In a whining tone, Clark asked, "What? Wait Dad! Holy shit! How long are we going to be gone?"

Trying to ignore Clark's complaint, Paul led the boys towards the clothing area. Paul held up two lists to Lewis, and asked, "Which do you want? Foodstuffs or camping gear?"

Able to see the writing through the lists vaguely in the harsh fluorescent lighting, Lewis could tell that they were both equally long, shrugged, and grabbed the list on the right. Reading down at the list he saw, Lewis groaned, "What the hell do we need all of this stuff for Dad? You planning a safari to Africa?"

Charcoal and Lighter fluid

Pack of 10 disposable lighters

Rechargeable Batteries 10-9v, 20-AA, 20-Dcell

Flares - 2 packs of 6

First Aid Kit (large)

5 boxes of 20 Gauge Shotgun shells (20 per box)

5 boxes of 9mm (30 per box)

5 boxes of 30-06 (25 per box)

20 boxes of 22 LR (50 per box)

1 box of 50 paper targets

2 K-bars

2 hatchets

2 folding machetes/saws

2 12x12' tarps

24 Tent stakes

100' ¼" nylon cord

100' ½" hemp rope

3 Hammocks

1 set of stainless camping pots (4qt, 6qt, 8qt, 12qt)

1 set of cast iron pans

1 cast iron skillet

1 heavy-duty campfire grate

3 heavy spin-cast rod/reel combinations

3 ultra light fishing rods and reels in 18" case

Pulling out a bright yellow set of Gortex rain gear, Paul answered over his shoulder, "Nope! Just want to be prepared for camping and fishing along the barrier islands. Plus, I wanted to give you both a chance to get in some target practice with my 9mm Beretta and the rifles and shotguns!"

Pretending to look over the workmanship of the rain gear, Paul held it up and watched his two sons' reactions. Lewis was almost hopping in excitement, but Clark just seemed to wrap himself tighter into his gloominess.

Well 50% is better than nothing, and the day is still young, Paul thought to himself.

Dubiously, Lewis asked, "Will they let me get the shells?"

"Sure! You don't need a license to get shells, just guns," Paul answered.

"What's so special about this Gortex stuff Dad?" Clark asked, reluctantly.

Paul went into teacher mode, and answered, "Well Gortex is actually a brand name for a fabric that has a Teflon coating on the inside. What it does is make the fabric completely waterproof, but it's still permeable to water vapor. You combine it with a layer of the poly long johns, which wick the water from your body, and a layer of wool, which insulates well even when wet. Then, you can work hard in driving rain even down to freezing temperatures! Your body heat will evaporate the water in the wool, and the Gortex breathes enough to let the moisture out so you don't overheat, plus the wicking layer keeps the moisture from direct contact with your body so you stay warm."

"Wow, that's pretty cool Dad!" Lewis enthused.

Frowning, Clark asked, "Wouldn't you overheat at higher temperatures though? I mean you don't expect it to get that cold this time of year do you?"

Smiling, Paul nodded, and answered, "You're right, but you'd probably be surprised that you could wear that same gear with the temperatures in the sixties, and if it gets warmer, just put on a different layer to absorb the water between the Gortex and the poly long johns. If it gets colder, you just add another layer on top of the wool."

Forgetting his air of indifference for a moment, Clark asked, "Like what?"

"Oh, just a set of sweats, or even jeans and a t-shirt," Paul replied, hiding his smile of triumph. They were showing interest in spite of themselves, forgetting their normal aura of disinterest and distain.

Clark had moved down the racks and found a whole rack of Gortex gear with forest camouflage pattern. He pulled one out and held it up to his dad. Puzzled he asked, "What's this for Dad? I mean I know the bright yellow is for the boat, so if you fell overboard you would be easier to see. So why would anyone want it in cammo?"

"Those are for hunting. Mostly duck hunting or bow season for deer or boar. You know, the kind of hunting that is cold, wet and miserable," Paul answered, not bothering to hide his grin.

Clark grumped, "Oh! Well these are much cooler than the yellow ones. Can I get these instead? I don't want to look like an escapee from prison."

Paul hesitated a moment, as if in indecision, and answered, "Get both. You have to have the yellow ones to wear on the boat. I'll see about getting my small game license and maybe we can use the cammo to get some rabbits or squirrels."

Looking for the size on the tag, Clark suddenly froze, and exclaimed, "Jesus! Dad, these are almost $500 per set!"

Paul guffawed, waved a hand dismissively, and said, "I know, the latest and greatest in comfortable sportswear doesn't come cheap! If I were worried about the price do you think I'd shop here? Don't worry about it, and you guys can take both sets with you back to your mother's house. Maybe you can get some use out of them there, too. Now, let's hurry up and finish here, we still have shopping to do, and I need to stop at the Post Office on the way back from Mildred's."

Ten minutes later, they had already filled one shopping cart with six sets of Gortex, two pair of Gortex, thinsulate, high-topped, hiking boots, one for each of the boys, and split up to do the rest of their shopping. Clark stayed in the clothing section of the sports shop, while Lewis headed over to the camping supplies, and Paul headed out the door.

Paul happily whistled a complicated melody, a spring in his step. He practically bounced into the Post Office, still whistling. The older lady at the counter looked at him over her glasses and had to smile.

She asked, "Good morning Paul! What has you so chipper this morning?"

"Oh, good morning Edna," he smiled and leaned over the counter to whisper conspiratorially, "I just love it when a plan comes together!"

Edna laughed merrily as she rubbed her hands together, chortling evilly, and said, "I won't ask. But I suppose you'll be wanting your mail? A package came in for you this morning." She rummaged about briefly in a pile of boxes, pulled a medium sized box out and set it on the counter. Then grabbing a stack of envelopes, she pushed the whole pile over the counter towards Paul.

"Thanks Edna," Paul looked appraisingly at the package. Excitedly Paul checked the shipping label, he realized what it was, and wondered briefly if he should drop it off back at the house. Then, remembering their time constraints, decided instead he'd just have to find a dark, dry spot to put it on the Dragon Lady.

Before he could turn to walk away, Edna handed him a clipboard, and said, "Just sign here for receipt of the package."

Paul signed for the package from Michigan Bulb Co., gave Edna a cheerful goodbye, and stepped out the door. He stopped just outside, took a deep breath to enjoy the smell of the sea, the sound of the surf, and the cries of the gulls. Then, tucking his package under his arm and pocketing the rest of his mail, he started whistling again and headed across the street to Mildred's.

Mildred's Pantry hadn't changed in the sixty years she'd been running the place. It was Paul's favorite place to shop for groceries. With its 19th century trading post décor, selection of dried goods in barrels, and the antiques from the period and whaling boats hanging aloft; it was like stepping back into another age. Mildred couldn't stand up all day anymore to wait on her customers. So a constant succession of attractive daughters and granddaughters had cycled through to over the last couple of decades to help keep the place running up to the old matriarch's standards.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.