Specialist Moore - Cover

Specialist Moore

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 2

"You knew and said nothing!" The General said.

"Sir I felt the opportunity presented by his accident was to precious to waste." Dr. Klein said.

"To precious to waste? The whole reason we didn't want them aware was the chance they would go rouge." The General said.

"Did you even read his file? Hes a god damn hero." Dr. Klein said.

"A dead hero, who now has access to over seven billion in military tech." The General said.

"A dead hero who just saved our lives." Bob said.

"Who disobeyed a direct order, besides we have no supplies and the nearest settlement is two hundred miles away, we have to survive out here until we get help, we probably will freeze to death by night fall" The General said.

"Someone was bound to notice a nuke right?" Bob said.

"Yes they will, they will send a satellite flyover first and what they will see is a dead base, they will assume the worst and it takes time to assemble the appropriate equipment." The General said.

I laid in the snow listening to them talk, I was going over the data I had gotten before the explosion, it looked like Dr. Benson had used his codes to override the containment and blow up the base.

"Besides we don't even know how damaged it is." The General said.

"I don't know I designed the equipment to be self healing." Bob said.

I sat up and groaned.

"Don't burry me just yet, General we have a bigger issue, the data I obtained before the explosion indicate that Dr. Benson set off this disaster." I said.

The General looked sharply at me.

"Hold up." I said.

Now that I was on the outside I could pick up radio traffic, I also detected the satellite overhead, it took me a second to get the signal, but I was able to use the satellite to track a helicopter.

"General a Helicopter matching the ones on base is heading east." I said.

"East? Nothing is west except..." The general stopped

"Hes fleeing the country." I said.

"Can you get a message out?" The General said.

"Already did, Eta to intercept 3 hours." I said.

"Use the code containment 3 alpha." the general said.

"OH, update intercept in 1.5 hours." I said.

I stood up, looking around, everyone was standing around in their containment suits, than it hit me, radiation, there could still be some in the air.

"We need to get moving, get away from down wind of the base, just in case." I said.

The General nodded and we all started walking away from the base, I was able to get a gps signal on us, so I had a pretty good idea where we were head, everyone was silent as we walked, I couldn't help but remember the tone in the Generals voice when he talked about me, he was afraid of me, in a few hours we had walked several miles, I got an update on the helicopter.

"They found the Helicopter, its abandoned, search teams are en-route here and there." I said.

The General just grunted, he walked over toward Bob, and whispered to him, how stupid cold he be, I could hear every word.

"I need to know how to disable him Bob." The general said.

"I don't know sir, the EMP would of taken all the mechanical fail safes offline." Bob said.

"What?" The General said.

"I never thought our prototype would be exposed to a nuke sir." Bob said.

"How long can he function with out external aid." The General said.

"The bioengineered systems can function indefinitely as long as he eats the amount of calories he needs." Bob said.

Good to note.

"What can take him out Bob." The General said.

"General you saw him punch the doors, I wouldn't piss him off sir, but I suppose sustained fire from a 50cal, could do it, our a sniper to the head sir." Bob said.

"Hmm we will have to consider that, but not until we can radio with out his aid." The General said.

"Doc, as soon as we find shelter, I may have to be leaving you."I used my link to Dr. Klein's head set.

She looked over at me with a raised brow.

"The good General is plotting ways to take me out, the fool thinks I can't hear him." I said.

She frowned as she walked.

"Doc, Ill make sure you are safe and be leaving." I said.

She shook her head slightly.

"Don't worry doc, Ill find away to get in touch with you eventually." I said.

We stopped to rest, I found enough wood to start a fire, I simply rubbed two sticks fast enough to cause a spark, it was fairly easy to do, we sat around the fire silently, I checked on the rescue team.

"Alright guys rescue is thirty minutes out." I said.

I stood up.

"I want to thank you all for saving my life." I said.

They all looked at me funny, except for Dr. Klein she looked sad.

"General Sir, I have to take my leave of you." I said.

"What? NO I order you to stay." He said.

"Sorry sir, I have no desire to be dissected, or shut down." I said.

He frowned.

"We will hunt you down son don't do this." He said.

"Sorry sir, I suggest you say I was blown up in their." I Said.

"Son we can go after your family." He said.

I frowned at that.

"General Arthur Randal, Wife Gertrude Randal lives in Anchorage alaska so she can be near you, Son Jason Randal, he is currently in his 3rd year at USC, Daughter Jennifer Scott, Married, two kids, both attending High school ... DO I need to go on sir?" I said.

"HOW DARE you threaten my family." The General said.

"Sir I am simply telling you what could happen if my family is harmed, be smart Sir, let this soldier stay dead." I said staring at him.

"Last chance son I order you to stay." The General said.

"Sir I am sorry but I can't do that." I said, I turned to leave.

"Son I swear to you you will regret this." The General said.

"And I swear to you if you harm anyone else because of me you will regret it." I said.

I didn't look back, I just took off in a sprint, I flew through the trees faster than any animal could, I till had some electrical systems working despite what Bob had said, I had a GPS lock on my location, I could still tell where the rescue team was, I just hoped nothing I had would allow them to track me easily, if anything I figured I need to get to a large city. I Suppose in retrospect I should of went after Dr. Benson, but we all make mistakes.

.

.

.

Four Years Later.

.

.

.

My routine was simple, every few months I would change my identity and move. With my computer skills I could hack any system, hell with a set of crayolas I could draw a new birth certificate that would past most scrutiny, so every few months I had to pay a visit to the DMV and social security office, no big deal.

Indian casinos became my friend in the early days, easy money counting cards, I didn't win too much, just enough to set me up for a few months, I would than take the money I earned and transferred them in to gold and silver, I had safety deposit boxes through out the country. I discover that I healed at a impossible rate, I chocked it up to Dr. Bensons serum, I was able to shave my prints off and carve new ones with an exact o knife, they would last long enough to get what ever ID I need. I felt like I was stealing from the casinos with my abilities thats when I started to fake careers, it made me feel less like a crook.

I had a catalog of identities I could use, with degrees and history to back them up, with my ability to absorb information I could be from any profession, I had even done a stint as a neural surgeon (I had need to do some self repair.) The hospital was happy to have me, with my skills and sensors I could be a great Doctor. I had noticed a problem with my vision, it was fading in and out on my right eye, I had disguised the problem to a hardware issue, I had created a replacement part and needed the equipment in the hospital to repair it, the easiest way to do this was to become a Doctor their, I have to say that it was the most fulfilled I had been in a long while, I was able to do surgeries that others had turned down, I actually saved lives again.

I knew it was a risk but I started to take careers in the medical profession, after the stint as a surgeon I knew I could pull it off, I worked at emergency rooms mostly, in various post, anywhere my skills could come in handy. I always worked the midnight shifts, a little eccentricity can be expected, I was an E.R. Nurse in Florida when my past caught up with me.

An ambulance had radioed in that it was bringing someone in that was possibly psychotic, he had attacked a homeless man and bit him, I went with the doctor on call when the ambulance came into the bay, instantly my sensors scanned him like I did with every patient, and I froze, all his vitals matched the victims from the base, but thats not what stopped me, he was snapping and bitting at everyone.

I followed the doctor in as they tried to work on him, no one could make heads are tales of what was going on, nothing they gave him was sedating him, when I got my chance, I reached behind his neck and applied just enough pressure to snap his neck, he stopped instantly, everyone was looking around trying to figure out what had happened, I walked away from the scene, ignoring the doctors call behind me. I found the EMT in his ambulance wrapping a wound on his hand.

"Hey, that crazy bit you?" I asked.

"Yeah the damn bastard just turned on me and bit, funny thing to he did it right after he coded, and his heart just restarted, everything was weird about that guy, we got a call from a cabby saying his passenger was having a stroke or something" He said.

I nodded.

"Here let me take a look at that." I said.

I hopped in the back with him, I looked around and shut the door behind me, sure enough he was bit.

"Where did you find that guy?" I asked taking his hand to look at.

"On 5th, you know in downtown, by skid row." He said.

I nodded.

"Hey that his stuff?" I asked pointing to a pile of clothes.

"Yeah in all the commotion I forgot to turn it in." He said

I nodded to him

"Hey buddy, Im real sorry." I said.

"For what?" He asked.

He never said anything else, I made it quick, snapped his neck before he even blinked, I wasn't proud but it had to be done, I grabbed the mans wallet from the pile of clothes and got out of the ambulance I walked to my motorcycle quickly, throwing on my helmet I raced out of the parking lot, I need to see what kind of damage this guy had done.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.