Specialist Moore
Chapter 10

Copyright© 2009 by dak

We had stayed at the base until sun down, by that time Idin had one of his companies on site doing clean up work, Morgana and Merlin had teleported away almost as soon as we got back to the base from the tracks. Elise said very little, I got the impression her and Idin didn't get along, and I kept catching her scowling at me, Sunny wouldn't leave my side.

Once the sun was down Elise left with out saying a word to any of us, Idin simply shrugged, he was busy working on the bases computer with Sunny and I sitting down near him.

"But we still don't know who organized all this." I said.

"Eh, it looks like we got all their research, who ever did failed at what they tried." Idin said as he typed.

"Yeah, I guess." I said.

Idin spun around to look at me.

"Phil today the good guys win, the bad guys died, you don't know how rare that is, as it is we lost a friend, only one, that's even rarer, take the victory." Idin said going back to the computer.

"Well if you put it that way." I said.

"I do, now I have one of my planes here, it will take you back home, you kids go on, Ill have to stay here and clean this all up." Idin said.

I looked at Sunny.

"Oh private plane." I said.

"oooooooh I bet they have a good menu." Sunny said.

"they do." Idin said not lookng up from the computer.

We left to the airport with out any further incident, the plane was nice, Sunny enjoyed the menu on the flight, she was still by my side the whole time, on the flight I had time to examine my feelings for her, I did like her, a lot, time would have to see.

When we landed we taxied to a hanger, where a limo with blackened windows waited, once the hanger doors seal Sunny and I left the plane, she was quite through most of the trip home, inside the limo we found Bob waiting for us, he had a large package for me.

"Whats this?" I asked.

"Open it kid." Bob said.

Sunny looked at it and shrugged.

I opened it to find several documents and a box with medals in it, there was a letter from Idin, I read it out loud.

"If this little adventure turns out the way I hope I thought you could use these, you will find a new drivers license for one Phillip Moore, you will also find full check for military back pay, turns out you were only MIA kid not killed, there should be an honorable discharge, and seeing as I originally paid for most of the research on you well lets say they won't come looking for reimbursement from you, I hope you will stay in touch but I understand if you don't Go enjoy the rest of your life and good luck."

I handed the letter to Sunny while like at the documents for my honorable discharge and my medals, I didn't know what to think.

"What will you do now kid?" Bob asked.

"I don't know" I said looking at Sunny who was starting to drift off.

"Maybe go back to school, become a doctor?" I said.

Sunny perked up at that.

"Really?" Sunny asked.

"Sure, why not? Maybe Ill open up a free clinic when I'm done, I could always use a nurse." I said looking at her.

"I dunno, depends on where this clinic is located." Sunny said smiling.

"Maybe in San Diego, near a Mcdonalds" I said.

"Sold." Sunny said leaning against me.

Dubai.

Idin watched as the endless stream of cement trucks came to the site, he watched them fill in the giant hole that had been the lab, he was sure everything was buried there, Merlin had assured him it had been, but there was a nagging feeling he couldn't shake. Alpha stood by watching the truck fill in the hole, he had insisted on watching to make sure the job was done right, he said darkness surrounded the site and that it was a blight on the earth, Idin couldn't argue that.

Idin always prided himself on seeing patterns, and this fit one he could not yet grasp, there was a hint of evil a taint to all that had happened, it reminded him of something that he was trying to remember. His phone interrupted him he smiled as he saw the number.

"Yes daughter o mine?" Idin said.

He saw Alpha glance at him, he walked away giving him space.

"What? Really?" Idin said.

"Oh wow honey, Detective, that's damn quick" Idin said.

"No I had nothing to do with it." Idin said.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.