Preoccupied

by papatoad

Copyright© 2009 by papatoad

Flash Story: A very predicable little flash story that should hopefully stimulate some thought.

Tags: Ma/Fa   Mult   Cheating   Slow  

Thanks to the Hip and Knee doctor for editing assistance.

"You have to remember, John, that I will be preoccupied most of the night. There will be plenty of people there to talk to, and I am expecting you to mingle and be sociable."

Tonight was the first night in two years that I agreed to go with my wife Darcy, to one of her monthly social gatherings. I am not a gregarious person and usually avoid social functions whenever I can. Darcy was bubbly and outgoing: just my opposite. I knew about her monthly get-togethers before we were married, and she made it perfectly clear that she would marry me only if she could continue seeing her friends. She always made sure that I was welcomed to come along, but I always declined. To be honest, I didn't have a clue what these people could talk about for four hours every month. I wasn't into sports, culture, politics or the arts. Darcy assured me that everything would be all right as longed as I relaxed and went with the flow.

"Things will be very casual for the first hour, John. They will have wine and mixed drinks if you need to relax. I will be preoccupied with my friends most of the night, so you will be on your own."

There was that word again: 'preoccupied.' What happens after the first hour?

"I will be okay, Darcy. I promise to stay out of your way. I should be able to find someone to talk to."

"Oh, I can guarantee that. Since you are new to the group, you should have no trouble making friends."

I wasn't sure what she meant by that.

It was a big house: a mansion. Thank goodness there were plenty of places to park. There were at least thirty cars there when we arrived.Darcy was dressed in a sexy manner, but casual. Tonight, she spent more time dressing me for my debut than she did for herself. I was a lucky man to have found such a delightful spouse.

After we entered, she turned to me one more time. "Remember John, I am expecting you to take care of yourself tonight. Try and act as if I am not even here. I am leaving you alone now until we are ready to go. If I can't find you, I will call you on your cell phone when it is time for us to leave. Okay?"

I nodded as I watched her walk across the room through the crowd. There were at least fifty people busy chatting away. It looked like a scene out of a Hollywood movie. I spotted the bar and tried to look as if I belonged. A few moments later, I was sipping a cold long neck as I watched Darcy talking to a David Beckham want-to-be. I didn't mind the talking, but she seemed to be a little touchy-feely also. A gorgeous little creature interrupted me before I got to finish my beer.

"Hi my name is Carla and you must be John."

Here was where my social ineptness would come into play. Rather than answer her, I just nodded.

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.