Tomorrow, Idin Noah Book 2
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2009 by dak

She stood overlooking the field where the battle would take place, her soldiers all at the ready. She could see the tower clearly in the moonlight, the monolith was larger than anything she had ever seen, all her reports from her spies had come in, there could be no doubt now. Her father stepped up besides her putting a hand on her shoulder.

"father the reports are in, Enoch did not lie to us, Nimrod is planing to open it." She said.

Her father nodded glumly.

"I thought we were done with this nonsense." Her father said.

"Enoch scout says he will attack before the devils hour with 100 men, he wishes us to join him in the fun." She said.

Her father smiled faintly.

"He is a fool, but he is a brave fool." Her father said.

"Father I have recalled as many of my sisters as I could, I sent them word when I called for you, 80 have come, but we don't have time to wait, Enoch says tonight is the night." She said.

"Who is this Nimrod? He has not made much noise until recently?" Her father asked.

"He was a human hunter, a royal of some kind, one of the Sons of Cain turned him recently, they are using his empire and resources to build that eye soar, they have over 4000 troops down there." She said point toward the tower.

"Babel, I thought I had seen that last of you." Her father said sadly shaking his head.

"Amrita rally your sisters, tonight will be very dangerous." Her father said.

Amrita's smile showed a hint of fang.

"at once father." she said turning to inform her troops.

"Nooooo!" Kei Sayomi's screams filled the air.

She rolled out of her bed on to the floor gasping, she couldn't breath, she was clutching her chest violently, no it was just the dreams again, she sat on the floor trying to calm herself. For the past two years the dreams had been coming, fantastic impossible dreams, battles in far off places, always at night, always with the man she called father.

"I am going nuts." she said slowly standing.

She looked around her tattered dorm room for her diary, she was logging the dreams, tonight had been about what she assumed was the tower of babel, she sat at her desk writing down the details of the dream. When she was done she flipped through through toward the front, when the dreams had started, the first dreams had taken place in prehistory, going on to cover what seemed like hundreds, no thousands of years.

"He held me in his arms as I wept, I kept staring where my mother had jumped into the pool of blood, stunned that she was gone, she had always seemed invincible to me ... Lilith." She said reading from the log.

She flipped further back.

"Enore, my beauty, our mistake yet you paid the price, Jora killed you." She read

She growled in frustration she wasn't even a lesbian, tossing the book across the room, the past two years of her life had been a nightmare, she had gone to see several shrinks, all telling her something different, all giving her another drug to take. It was the last one that had listened to her story, she had looked at her for several moments before she suggested she start studying her history, she had recommended studying semitic traditions.

She had done just that, it was through her studies that she began to place modern names on the locations she had dreamed off, at first it had frightened her, but eventually she started to relish making the connections. She looked over to her book, reluctantly walking over to pick it up, she lovingly dusted it off and put it like a sacred tome on her desk.

"Sorry father." She said out loud, suddenly catching her self.

"what the hell." She said rubbing her face, she was going mad.

She stopped and did her meditation she had learned at the dojo, that was another thing that had changed with the dreams, she had become interested in martial arts, no not just that but in hunting, in causing taking another's life. Her Sensei had taken to her at the first meeting, she showed an unnatural amplitude for martial arts, he had said she displayed traits of some unknown style. She focused on her wall of weapons, things she had been collecting over the past two years, all of them seemed to give her a sense of belonging she had never known.

She glanced at the wall clock, it was still early, she had time for a run, she dressed and left for her favorite route around balboa park. She was ever alert through her run, it seemed she had a heightened awareness now too, she spotted people and began to pick out weaknesses, things she could exploit in a fight. She saw an old women and thought she would not live long, better to ease her pain now than prolong the inevitable, she stopped cold at the thought, she shook her head, it was just wrong.

She had startled herself, she would never get the desired effect out of the run now, she headed back for her dorm, classes would start in two weeks, luckily she had not gotten a roommate yet so she had it all to herself, she showered and changed, trying to focus on the coming semester, she had just transferred to this school for one reason and one reason only.

When she was done showering she looked over her coming schedule, one class in particular was highlighted, Ancient pre-columbian history taught by Professor Jennifer Noah. She smiled at the schedule, it was silly but she had wanted to take the class once she heard the professors name, it was an in demand course and she had to write an essay just to get in, luckily she had.

She sat down to eat her breakfast, she better clean the dorm before she got assigned a room mate she thought, she also hoped her room mate was a heavy sleeper, what with her nightmares, she sighed, they weren't all nightmares, sometimes the man that she called father would take her places, having grown up with out a father she found this dream one comforting, even if they faced dangerous situations in her dreams, at least they had always done it together.

Elsewhere.

Now.

Idin was in his office going over the R&D for a new idea, learning magic ... well he had always known the nuts and bolts of it, he just lacked practical experience, something he was making up for in leaps and bonds. It seemed his very unique perspective allowed him to think of ideas that the current merlin or all his predecessors would never have thought of. He was currently toying with technology being enhanced with magic, He had a meeting to show Murray his progress, nothing formal, as neither of them would ever admit to being either apprenticed by or being taught to by the other.

"Idin food." Jennifer's voice came through the hall.

He grabbed his portfolios and reports and made his way to the kitchen. He sat going over his investments at the kitchen table, since the wedding he had turned the entire floor of his office into a loft apartment for Jennifer and him, his investment firm had moved to the top floor. Jennifer was drinking her coffee across from him pouring over a report from one of her grad students, Idin looked over the spread on the table, scrambled eggs and bacon.

"You know Jen with out you I might never eat." he said taking a bite from his plate.

She noded absently.

"Yeah I remember Lillian having to take you to the hospital the first week you where human." She said still reading.

He nodded at that, it wasn't a fun trip, he had passed out due to malnourishment.

"Idin so this girl is saying that the pyramids of the world are all related, as if some outside force had something to do with their creation." She said as she fliped through the pages of the report.

"Huh?" he said looking up from his investment reports.

"I think shes implying aliens." Jennifer said with an eyebrow raised.

"Really? Thats so lazy, I mean you people have been on the planet 250,000 years, recorded history goes back what 10,000 at most if your lucky, why couldn't it just be an older technology from an older human civilization yet to be discovered? I mean honestly aliens? They are nothing but a bunch of stingy bastards, they wouldn't share their tech with humans if you held a gun to their heads, believe me I've tried." he said going back to his reports.

"Well she starts by saying what if the bible were true and that man lived thousands of years once, or that perhaps beings from on high helped influence early culture ... wait what aliens? There really are aliens?" Jennifer said almost spiting out her coffee.

"Sure, whole bunch of them, not many interested in earth though, most come by see how backwards things are and write us off, most think we are going to kill ourselves off. All though there was the Nehphitians, peaceful bunch, they tried to help me figure out what I was, they came up stumped." he said turning the page on his report.

"Kill ourselves off? Nephitians?" Jennifer asked.

"Yeah destroy ourselves, they are half right too, Ive seen at least 4 global holocaust that almost ended everything, but humanity is stubborn, always willing to soldier on, Thats why the Nephitians came, they were amazed at mans ability to survive, wanted to see for themselves, observe only, except when I got in touch with them well you can imagine." He flipped the page to the summary of his report.

Jennifer sat across from me taking it all in her eyes going wide.

"Really? Four times?" She asked shaking her head.

he nodded.

"Well that last one was "the flood" about 12,000 years ago, guess we can't blame that one on humans as it was natural or supernatural I guess, oh and I don't count the last ice age, even though that was sorta humanities fault, Hey look my tech stocks are up, I knew they would rebound." I say.

"You mean "The Flood" wait and Ice age?" She said in wonder.

"Yeah that was the whole atlantis thing, they caused it." he said reading the next page of his report.

"Idin your fucking with me." She said scowling.

"No I am not, if I was we wouldn't be in the kitchen, well we might, or in the living room or on the roof."He said wagging his eyebrows at her.

"Wait so aliens didn't build the pyramids, no help from on high? I knew her research was a bit off but with meeting you I was willing to keep an open mind." She said putting down her students reports.

Idin reached over and grabbed it looking over.

"Well Miss Sayomi is not that far off." He said glancing at her report.

"What do you mean?" Jennifer asks.

"well they weren't built by aliens like she suggest, like I said too stingy with their technology, But the engineers from Atlantis did help, after the cataclysm that destroyed their country, you know Ice Age like I was saying, well the ones that survived spread out and helped civilize the rest of the world." he said freezing on the one page.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.