Tomorrow, Idin Noah Book 2
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Cain sat in his apartment, he was cleaning his weapon, he knew the voice was mad at him, he could tell she was waiting for him to speak.

"What do you want me to say?" Cain said

"I told you to obey me." The voice said.

"I had to test him for weakness, I had to know what he can stand." Cain said.

"Apparently its a grenade and several shots to the chest and head." The voice said

"You must wound the beast before you bring him down, attack his employees first, next his friends, his child, and lastly his wife, you must cripple him severely before he will fall. All you have done now is make him aware he is being hunted." The voice said.

"Of course now he knows the game is on, it will make this hunt all the better." Cain said.

"I hope you are right." The voice answered.

"Oh that attack was not just to test him, it was to get him out of his precious building." Cain said.

He pulled out a detonator smiling hit hit the button.

At the dorm.

Idin held Kei as if she would disappear if he let go, he was kissing the top of her head.

"I've missed you so." Idin whispered.

"Daddy." She mumbled.

"Merlin Morgana, how?" Idin asked looking to them.

"I don't know Idin, I've never seen this before, there is no possession here, she is one soul, one very very ancient soul, the memories are schism-ed, her old and new, the old is way more powerful though and its overwhelming the new, we need to fix that." Merlin said.

"No" Lillian said.

"What?" Idin asked.

"Before you got here we discussed how to repair if, if Lillian turns her it might cause the two to merge, it will save her." Merlin said.

"I will not turn this unknown girl, I haven't found anyone yet I want to do that for." Lillian said defiantly.

"Lillian she is my daughter." Idin said.

"I am sorry Idin." Lillian said.

"Lillian, she is the direct daughter of Lillith, when she died she was over 5000 years old at least, she came from lilliths own womb." Idin said steal going in his voice.

Lillian frowned.

"Idin I ... I can't yet, don't make me." Lillian said.

Idin looked to Merlin.

"How long does she have?" Idin asked.

"well the nearer to the stimuli that caused this well thats going to speed it up, week? Maybe more?" Merlin said.

Idin was rocking Kei back and forth, he whispered in her ear.

"It will be okay my Amrita, I will ensure it." Idin said.

Just than Idin's phone rang, when he didn't pick it up Lillians did, she ignored it too, Merlins was next, everyone was ignoring it, but when Sunny's phone rang she answered.

"Yeah hey Jen, we are all at the dorms." Sunny said.

"Yeah all of us, even Idin, why?" Sunny said.

"Turn on the new, um okay." Sunny said.

"Here Idin its the wife, she sounds hysterical." Sunny said handing him the phone.

Sunny went to the tv to see what was going on, all eyes turned to it, as every channel was showing the collapse of a down town office building, a very familiar looking building, the scene switched to a frantic looking Sharon trying to get in before the collapse her partner holding her back.

The reporter was talking.

"Worst terrorist attack since 9-11, unknown at this time how many people where in the building when the explosives went of, the Building is home to many tech companies along with Noah Investments, owner and operator of the building."

Idin walked over and shut it of, he sat down on the bed holding Kei, talking to Jen on the phone.

"Sharons there with you right? Tell her we are okay, no no Mary and Josh should of still been in there, I know, I know, I ... Ill get there right now." Idin said hanging the phone.

Everyone was staring at him unsure what the hell had just happened.

"Merlin, my vaults are all sealed and warded, I am going to need you to get them out of there, Morgana if you would be so kind." Idin said, they nodded and left.

"Lill, Sun, Could you do me the honor of searching for survivors, you too Phil your help both strength and medical should be great, Ill have credentials there for you to work on sight, ill have Josh get ... I mean no no Ill have bob and Noah Tech help there." Idin said numbly

He pulled out his cell phone.

"Bob yeah, I know, get the search and rescue bots we have on prototype over there, along with credentials for my people Bob, oh contact our security firm I want all my buildings on full aleart, the works, yes Bob thank you." Idin said hanging up

Idin held on to Kei, still sitting on the bed.

"Father I told you I would be back, I came when you needed me most." Kei said.

Idin hugged her tightly.

"Thank You Amrita ... Or do you prefer Kei?" Idin asked.

"What ever you wish father." Kei said.

"Kei it is, come we have a disaster to over see." They left together.

They hailed a cab and traveled in silence, when they got to the please barricades he waved his credentials and was waved through, he went straight to the command center, he could see Sharon directing things, and Jen standing around nervously.

Idin got out of the cab and opened the door for Kei, Kei took his hand and followed him toward the Professor and the Police officer, both saw him and ran toward Idin, Kei kind of hung back as both hugged him at once.

"thank god your okay day." Sharon said.

Kei looked at her curious.

"I didn't know what to think." Jen said.

Jen looked back at Kei who was standing behind Idin.

"Kei what are you doing here?" Jen asked.

Idin smiled.

"Sharon, Jen, I'd like to introduce you to my daughter, Amrita, Am ... I mean Kei, this is my wife Jen, and my Daughter Sharon, you sound like you already know Jen." Idin said.

Kei shyly nodded.

"Daughter?" Jen said.

"Long long story." Idin said.

"For another time." Idin said pointing at the chaos.

"Whats going on here Sharon?" Idin asked.

"Well we are holding off till the Fbi gets here, but we are sending in rescue teams, Sunny and Lillian have already pulled three people out, so have Phil." Sharon said.

"Josh, Mary?" I asked.

Sharon shook her head.

"Who did this." I said.

"Won't know for some time." Sharon said.

"Kei stay with them." Idin said

The three watched him stride toward the wreckage, he would join the search, Kei looked at Jen and Sharon and smiled.

"Explain." Jen said.

"I have dreams, Professor, like the one in Atlantis, or Babel, each time I'm with him and he is my father, Merlin said I am an ancient soul, that I am her." Kei said.

"Wait, Amrita? The Amrita, the one with Jora and Enore, the one he lost?!" Sharon said eyes going wide.

Jen was looking lost.

Sharon reached over and hugged Kei.

"He has missed you his entire life." Sharon said holding her.

Elsewhere.

The dream came to him, he was being torn apart by wolves, he struggled but couldn't get up, then with a wave of the hand his Prey stood above him, he was dragging him to the little bitch girl, she bit into his neck and he woke up screaming.

"the hell." Cain said.

"Indeed, that was your former self." The voice said.

"how?" Cain asked.

"You have been born many times Cain, and each time you are a blight on humanity, and many of those times when you are about to achieve your goal Idin steps in, either him are the Daughters he commands to stop you, that was the first time he interfered, but he has been your enemy so many times." The voice said.

"Why will this time be different?" Cain Asked.

"Because this time you have me, you already have struck the first blow, now you must strike his employees where ever they are." The voice said.

"I can do that." Cain said.

It had been three days since the building fell, no one knew why, well no one except Idin and his group of friends, it was on the third day that it happened, at Noah Tech as his employees arrived for the day a sniper had killed 12 of them, the fbi had been called but no leads, Later that night 10 more employee houses had been attacked, blown up with c4 as they got home, Idin called a mandatory vacation paid for all his employees, his businesses every where stopped working.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.