Tomorrow, Idin Noah Book 2 - Cover

Tomorrow, Idin Noah Book 2

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 3

"Will you look at the time, wow I have to go meet the wife, Hey Idin Ill talk to you later about the funding, Jen" Phil said nodding as he made a quick exit.

Morgana seemed to get the hint to.

"Yeah I got mage stuff to do, bye Jen, guys." Morgana said and in a flash she was gone.

Jen watched Phil leave and Morgana teleport away, Lillian was watching her with a small frown on her face.

"Sorry Jen it was there idea, they had already started this when I got here, couldn't help myself." Lillian said handing the rifle back to Merlin.

"Eh I told him it was a stupid idea Jen." Merlin said taking the rifle.

"Honey its completely safe, trust me, the vest worked and we tried it with a 22, we worked our way up to the rifle." Idin said smiling.

Jen looked at the floor to the apartment where shells lay everywhere, she couldn't even count how many rounds.

"Atleast we didn't try the grenade launcher." Merlin said.

Jen looked at the table where sure enough sat a grenade launcher.

"Only because I explained the damage it could do to the apartment." Lillian said.

"IN WHAT WORLD IS THIS A GOOD IDEA!" Jen screamed, losing her calm.

"Well I mean its Magic and Merlin is an expert." Idin said

"Oh no leave me out of this, Jen I told him it was silly." Merlin said as he flashed and was gone.

"Ill get us some coffee." Lillian said backing away to the kitchen.

Idin walked up to Jen and rubbed her shoulders, he bent over to look into her eyes, he saw that her hands where shaking.

"Jen it was safe, I am okay, my vest works, we had to test it sometime" Idin said.

Jen didn't talk, she was still shaking, she slapped Idin.

"What part of being mortal don't you get." Jen whispered.

"Yeah but Lillian was attacked, I needed to know the vest works so I can make her one." Idin said.

"what when?" Jen said, calming down a little.

"The other night, she was shot, with a silver/incendiary round, her meeting was attacked, she was lucky to get out alive." Idin said.

Jen looked toward the kitchen.

"She okay?" Jen asked.

"IM FINE" Lillian yelled from the kitchen.

"oh." Jen said in a whisper.

Idin pulled her into a hug.

"Idin you have to be careful." Jen said.

"I know honey." Idin said rubbing her back.

"I'm pregnant." Jen said.

They both heard the coffee pot drop and break from the kitchen.

"what?" Idin said.

Kei.

She felt the sweat drip down her face, the battle was going well, Father had been clear no one could survive this who knew about the ritual, they had to show no mercy. She looked up at the full moon when she had a fee moment, tonight had been the perfect moment to attack, she sighed watching her sisters work. She was in charge now, it had been over so many years since the last time the portal had been opened, she had last count of the eons, she was now the oldest of the Daughters, older than her Father even, she had been alive already when he arrived.

When she looked down from the moon she caught a glimpse of a group fleeing on horse back, no one had noticed them yet, she called three of her sisters to her and gave chase, they had a head start on her but that didn't matter, there was no where they could go where she wouldn't find them, everyone was silent as they followed, their horses already tired from the battle, she slowed their pace following the track.

"Amrita Dawn is soon." One of her sisters said.

"I know." She hissed.

She looked for any sign of shelter for her and her sisters, she saw none, she held up her hand.

"Halt, get digging, we will pick up their trail at dusk." She said dismounting from her horse.

She hated that she did not catch up to those that had fled, she thought she should have told her father before she left, she knew he trusted her though, a trust born of thousands of years of friendship, she started to dig thinking back on all the time that had passed, she had never found a mate since Enore, something Father constantly worried about, she sighed as the hole was finished.

"Tie off the horses to that tree." She said pointing to a nearby tree.

She watched her sister nod and do as she was told, she began to bury herself in the ground, she always hated having to do that, she tried to focus on sleeping, soon she drifted off. She didn't know how much time had gone by but she could sense the heat from the sun overhead, she had awoken to the sounds of the horses panicking, she stayed still and listened, she could hear movement all around her.

She began to get nervous, who was up there, it was some time for the movement to stop, thats when she heard the digging, her eyes widened, and she heard the scream, someone was digging them up, she gripped her sword, She thought she could leap from the grave and take their attackers in time to re-bury herself before the sun did to much damage, she braced her self and pushed off.

She realized her mistake to late, the spears pierced her in several places, blessed silver tips on each one, she screamed in pain, each grave had a group of soldiers with spears pointed at them, her head rolled to the side and she saw the shovel was off to the side, it had only been used to scare them out. She started to struggle and the soldiers laughed.

"We got a fighter." One said.

"Quit playing around and stake them to the ground." The leader said.

She felt her hands and feet being tied off, she was dragged with the spears still in her, they tied her exposed to the sun, it must have been noon as the sun was over head, she was trying to struggle but couldn't, she watched as her sisters one by one got tied next to her.

"Father" She moaned.

"Father help me." She moaned again

The soldier hit her mouth with the hilt of his sword, she felt her fang chip and she cried in pain, she could almost feel her father, just almost.

"Father." She moaned.

Once all were secured and was all set the degradation began, the soldiers took their time having fun with her and her sisters, all while the sun slowly killed them, she had lost her will to scream a while ago, tears still poured down her face, the sun burned so badly that she almost didn't notice the pain between her legs, she had watched what they did to each one of her sisters, rage boiling in her eyes.

"Hey this ones on fire." One said.

"Well help the little lady put it out." The leader said.

She watched as they relieved themselves to put out the small fires on each sister, it would prolong their deaths, the flame would cause it to be swift, this was beyond any pain she ever felt, she watched until her sisters flames became to much to put out, yet still she held out, still not burning her self, it was at that time she felt it, her father, she started to laugh.

"This ones laughing." One of them said,

"Hah shes gone mad." The leader said.

Just as a spear head went through his chest and he feel, soon the others had similar fates dealt to them, Father was among them, a tornado of rage tearing them apart limb from limb, sometime in the middle of it he tossed a blanket over her, covering her from head to toe, she could hear the battle and the screams.

When it was over she felt herself dragged under the tree where there was shade, father removed the blanket and looked at her, pain filled his eyes.

"I knew you would come." She whispered.

"Shh." He said pulling something to her mouth.

It was a soldier still alive, he was holding his throat to her mouth, he couldn't even open her mouth to bite, she didn't have the strength, he saw that and ripped his throat with his hand, pouring the blood on to her.

"to late father." She whispered shutting her eyes,

"no drink it will help." He said.

"I love you father." She whispered weakly.

She felt the flames ignite at her feet, she had held them off by her will alone, they spread, she saw her father crying trying to put them out, he was saying no over and over again.

"Father, don't worry." She said he looked up at her face.

"Don't worry, we will meet again ... I promise." She said as the flames took her.

Idin held her as the flames burned her body, refusing to let go, he held her until she was dust in his arms, tears falling down his face, he stood numbly looking around, he had lived for thousands of years with the Daughters, and with Amrita, that life was over now, he had considered her his daughter, and she was gone now.

She watched him from above as he picked a direction, and wandered there, walking slowly, no purpose left, she new it was the last time he would lead the Daughters, she knew her death changed everything.

Kei awoke sweating, she was crying hysterically, she clutched at her chest, every part of her felt as if it had been burned, she felt for the wounds, she sat their gasping, she didn't know what to do, she had just moved here to go to school her family was far away and she needed to talk to some one anyone, She stumbled out of her bed grabbing her phone.

She dialed the only person she could think of, Sunny, she got her voicemail, she didn't know how she sounded, she must have been panicked, she hung up, she instantly shy-ed away from her windows, she went to the one room with out windows and lights, the bathroom, she looked her self in and curled up in the tube holding her cell phone.

Flight from Eastern Europe.

"Cain." The voice said.

"Yes ma'am." Cain answered.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.