Chronos Chronicles 3: Journey Around
Chapter 12: Agreements

Copyright© 2009 by Joan of Acre

This time when the dream came I am resting my head in Palto's lap. He and Vashe are arguing. Thank the universe they never met in real life.

"She is doing fine without your so called aid."Palto's leg tensed under my head.

"I think I should be judge of that."Vashe growls at him. Dark and brooding, he flashes at Palto. "You are a nothing, a mite, boy. She would never have latched on to you if they had not pushed you together."

"I object."I say as I sit up."You are both dead and have been for millions of years."I say as I scowl at them. "Now if you have nothing better to do than argue over who has the most power. I'm going to find out how to ignore you and get on with enjoying the happiness of my new life."

"Now, now, Little One.", Vashe says sweetly as he tries to cajole me. "I am only looking out for your best interest. You are the last of our order."

"Eyes, please,"Palto says next tenderly in my ear. "you are the last, period. It is even a fluke that you are in this time."

"Tell me what you want and go away."I demand of them. I am starting to get really tired of this. Why have they started to appear now. I have been home for almost a month. And it is not like it was quiet month.

"You understand what you have run into?"Palto asks, making me to think about the past couple of days.

I nod my understating and say. "I have followed the trail of chaos that these people have left behind."

"That's my girl."Vashe cheers me. "Chaos will lead you."

"No,"I cut him off sharply, before he can take any more credit. "Creating chaos to gain power is what destroyed you and all the others."

"Then you will help impose order?"Palto asks.

"No, I was named balance. Track the chaos. Fix it. The order will evolve on it's own."I put my hands on my hips, stubborn to the last. "I don't believe the chaos should be maintained."

The two men exchange looks and smile, suspicion blooms in my mind. Now they are banded together, what is going on here?

"Well done love."Palto congratulates me. "Now we can talk."

I stare at him in confusion. "This was a test?"I ask but am reluctant to believe them.

"No,"Vashe answers with a smile."This was a choice."

"Ah, but I think the talking will have to wait. It looks like you have some company."Palto smiles as he looks behind me.

"What?"

The images fade. I wake to fingers caressing my bare thighs. Nimrod? A mouth takes possession of my breasts. Saul? Suddenly there is fetid breath breathing in my face. Who the hell? I wake with my Cyber hand wrapped around his neck. Quickly I am upright and push him up against the wall.

"Who the hell are you?" I rasp out. I can feel my anger flare at being touched without permission, it pulses in my being.

"ARegesd." he chokes out. I grab him by his groin none to gently and lift.

"Answer." I command. I give him a little shake.

"Clade." He whispers as his face starts to turn purple. Clade. Why does that sound familiar. Cousin? I release him and jump back to the other side of the bed.

"Cousin Clade?" I ask from my new place behind the bed.

"What the..." He says as he falls to the floor with a thump. "I ain't opposed to a warm body in my bed, but damn woman. Why did you haft to go and choke me like that?" He stutters as he rubs his neck and groin.

"I apologize, but I do not like to be touched." I look him over coldly. "I was told that you were on a walk about and would not be home for some time." I give him a nod and gather my clothes. "I will find another area."

"No wait, you can stay." He has the audacity to try and sway me into being his bed mate for the night.

"I think not." I say as I dress, I don't even have the heart to be outraged at his proposition. "I have my own love waiting of me. I do not need a poor replacement"

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.