Chronos Chronicles 3: Journey Around - Cover

Chronos Chronicles 3: Journey Around

Copyright© 2009 by Joan of Acre

Chapter 6: Creeped Out

We must be making exceptional time, walking along the road side, as we make it to the Brutes home by late-afternoon on the next day. We are even luckier that the threatening rain holds off as well.

We make our way into the prison. It is completely deserted. Not a body, not a growl of noise. It looks like it had been empty for months. Most likely since the Kindred came through, guns a blazing. Catherine has us move in cautiously. Slow and cautious.

"There are no bodies." Catherine says as she moves in. "I am hoping this means the wild life took care of them."

"This is nice and creepy." Diana says through clenched teeth.

As she says that I start to get goose bumps on my arm. It can't be from ghosts. "Does any one else feel like we are being watched?" I ask, Diana is not the only one getting creeped out.

"Really Chronos, It's empty." Catherine mocks my nervousness and takes a few steps further in.

"I don't know about that Cath. The place is really pushing my creep factor." Diana makes a couple of fast turns, trying to watch everywhere at once.

"No, really, I FEEL like we are being watched." I say and stop moving forward. "I recognize the feeling anywhere."

I realize that girls have made a huddle circle around me. Brin is pressed up again my back pack, the other two are hanging on to my sleeves, clearly being back at this place is upsetting in it's own right. But I have none of those memories or feelings to give me the creepiness I am feeling

"A little room, if you please, ladies, we may need some room to maneuver." I try to gently shake them off.

"I hate this place." Brin says and clings tighter to my pack.

"Are they gonna get us?" Alys all but shrieks her frightened state.

"No, but you have to let go of my arm." And give her another shake. I need to get their minds off of the fear so I remind them of the plan. "Do you remember what we told you to do?"

"I can't fight." Alys squeaks.

"Oh for the universe. Brin you remember, right?" She seems to the be one with something like a survival instinct.

"If it gets to fighting, I should run away and hide. Then run back to the Compound." Brin recites and then makes a sounds like she is going to be ill.

"Right." I sigh inwardly and pass Brin their hands. "I think you had better take these two with you as well. They are almost catatonic."

"Fine." She manages to sound brave and scared at the same time.

While I have been given the girls their instructions, The Protectors are slowly moving away from us out to the center of the prison grounds and suddenly that feeling goes off the charts. It might be panic time.

"Catherine!" I don't want to yell but I really need to get her attention. "Please, Catherine. We need to leave. Please, please, please. I am begging you to listen." I say and slowly start backing me and the girls toward the entrance.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.