Chronos Chronicles 3: Journey Around
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2009 by Joan of Acre

"I am a spirit, I can take any form I want. Little one." He is still laughing at me under his breath. I watch his eyes. He is soaking up the view of me. And, I might add, I do the same.

"You were difficult to find," he chides me. I remain silent. "It took some doing but I see now where you are."

"Why are you even here?" I ask at this point I am terribly suspicious of his actions.

"Why? To keep you out of trouble, which I see I am too late to prevent." He doesn't sound angry, just amused. I am not sure why this disturbs me more than if he was angry, I was used to his pain.

"I am a master now. I believe I have managed just fine." I use my most frosty tone with him.

"I seemed to remember you making promises." He says darkly.

"The promises were for all of us." I lift my head up a little higher. I am not going to defend the choice I was forced to make. "I didn't believe in the power of chaos like the rest of you." I go on. "I only wanted to help you."

"I know little one. It was what saved me. What made me go on." He smiles at me, really smiles. I had never seen that before.

"You ... have changed, more than looks." I say softly but, am still suspicious, I can't help it. My life was turned into a living hell because I dared to care about this man.

"I am what I should have been had I taken a different path. It is allowed." Vashe sounds so sad and yet ... I wander what he is really trying to do.

"And what of me?" I had to ask.

"You are as you have always been, the balance. You walk a tight wire. Or I should say weave a tight wire." He informs me.

"Thanks." I can't help being sarcastic at his answer, it was the same one he always gives me.

"You were having a lovely dream about 2 men, whom I do not know" He strokes his chin in interest. "I did not think you were that free."

"Chaos rules. The numbers change." I shrug trying to be unconcerned. He was watching me with Nimrod and Saul. How embarrassing.

"Do not greet the peace as an absolute." He says, then gives me a short bow. "I will be here if you need me."

"What?" I cry out, now I am shocked.

"Chronos. Nosis. Wake up!" It is Diana, she is shaking me awake. I look around and see that the dream is gone. I am back at the nights campsite.

"Some dream?" She asks me.

"I am not sure. Did I cry out?" I ask as I look up at her.

"No." she says with finality. "You wouldn't wake up, like last night."

"Oh, I was talking with someone." I try to bring into focus what we are talking about. "I have a couple of guardian angels, I think." I slither out of my cloak and once again try to shake the sleep out of my head. "They are determined to ruin my love life."

Diana gives a laugh that she quickly turns into a cough. "You need help with that." She can't keep the grin from her face.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.