Chronos Chronicles 3: Journey Around - Cover

Chronos Chronicles 3: Journey Around

Copyright© 2009 by Joan of Acre

Chapter 26: My Way Out

We walk through, what seems like miles of tunnels. Holliday, busily demanding an explanation for our appearance. Diana trying to calm him down and keep him quiet. And Alys, poor Alys in the middle, not use whose side to take.

"Is that rain I hear?" I break through the two Protector's arguments with my comment.

"You think we've found the way out?" Diana asks, sighing in relief. "I swear, Nosis, I will never ask you for an adventure again, if that is really the outside."

It's still raining?" Holliday whines, once he realizes that he is not going to the answers he wants from us, and now his tone is that of a petulant little boy.

"oh fresh air," Alys sighs in delight. She lets go of Holliday's arm and starts for the sound. She had not let go of Holliday's arm since she first took hold of it at he start of this tunnel.

"Wait up a minute, Honey, " Holliday quickly passes her and takes her shoulders. "I should go first." He passes her and takes a quick peek around.

Diana passes Alys, following Holliday's lead. She too takes a look outside.

I dismiss my sword of power and put it back on it's chain. I give a little shudder of exhaustion once I let go of the power. She was not meant to be used as a torch and holding the sword as a light source for a long period of difficult. I sag against the tunnel wall. Alys comes to rest beside me.

"Nosis," she whispers. "What do you know about Holliday?"

I give a giggle of hysteria. I am running on empty and she wants references to her love life. "Good man, funny humor, do not let him drive. And make sure he does his own laundry." I rattle off the first few things that run through my mind.

"Oh" she says sounding disappointed.

I grin to myself and add. "You should ask Diana, she grew up with him." I give her hand a comforting pat. "I am still learning everyone's names."

"Alright ladies, it's all clear up ahead." Holliday says as he come back over to us. He leans down and gives Alys a hand up. I on the other hand have to push myself off the wall. I grunt and shoot daggers at him.

"Let's get a move on it." Diana says from her spot at the entrance. "I'm not willing to bet that we are free of the tunnelers yet."

I nod my head in agreement, much to tired to do more than that.

"yeah, let's go home." Holliday says stating the exactly my sentiments. Home. The Kindred. My lovers. A hot bath.

Holliday motions for Diana to take point. She gives me a quick glance, I nod my agreement. With that she pulls her hood up covering her hair and steps out into the rain.

Holliday follow next with Alys right on his heels this time. I stagger after them in my exhausted state.

It is still night out. We must have been in the tunnels for only a couple of hours. It seemed much longer to my campaigns no doubt. Both Holliday and Diana complain.

"I Can't believe it is still night out. I mean we walked for ever." Diana complains sourly.

"Well all I know is that it was so damn hard to tell nigh or day down there. It just ain't fair that when I get out it is still dark." Holliday adds his two cents.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.