Chronos Chronicles 3: Journey Around - Cover

Chronos Chronicles 3: Journey Around

Copyright© 2009 by Joan of Acre

Chapter 23

"Alys, come with me, " I say to her as Diana and I move the dead weight that is King Louie to a safer place. The throne that Louie was sitting on looks like it is dense enough to stop a bullet.

"Alys stay behind the throne with Louie, while Diana and I..." I stop and look at Diana for help.

She snorts under her breath and grins. "While we inflict a little damage." She raises an eye brow, " That sound about right to you, Chronos?"

"Yes, Damage works fine."

"Whata I do?" Alys asks as she crotches behind the throne.

"You keep Louie from getting in our way?" I say.

"But I can't fight." Alys says watery as her eyes fill with tears. "I ain't no fighter."

"You're in luck, cause Louie sure isn't one either," Diana says and hands Alys one of her skinning knives. "If Louie wakes up stab him in the gun shot with this. He should faint again."

Alys looks up at Diana in horror, " I can't do that, I mean he's a wounded man," she looks pleadingly at me. "Chronos you're a healer tell her this is not right."

I nod and look at Diana, "Alys is a sensitive soul, I thought we were trying to show her that we are civilized?"

"We are, only I want to live more than I want to follow the Geneva conventions."

"In that case," I give a congenial nod, "Alys, Louis is a brute," I take her by the shoulders and stare deep into her eyes. "He is a Brute, and should he wake up he will hurt you, your baby, Diana and me. " I push my suggestion into her mind.

Alys swallow's and her eyes turn from dewy tears to sharp slivers of ice. "Gimme the knife, this one Brute that ain't getting away." and she takes the knife from Diana and sits down with Louie's leg propped up in her lap.

Diana shoots me a look that has more fear than admiration in it. She swallows and shivers that seems to rack her entire body. I wait.

Once she has control again she asks me. "How do you figure to do this?" Diana looks at the door and the bar I dropped to hold them out.

"I can get the bar off the same way I got it on. I will flip open one door and push the winds on them." I tell her what I have in mind. "then we charge and try to disswade them from coming in here. Oh and stand behind me as much a possible."

"Why?" She asks, with a sneer flashing across her features.

"I can defect the bullets as you can lay down cover fire." I tell her, it better to have her understand that I am trying to keep her alive. Not hog all the fun. Well maybe alot of the fun.

"You got it, Nosis." This time she quickly agrees.

"Alys you set?" I call over my shoulder.

"Set, Nosis." She yells back.

I give a sweep of my hand and the bar flips out and it crashes to the floor. Another wave of my hand and the right door swings open. I awaken my blade and charge forward.

I have not used all this power in a long time. It feels good. It feels wonderful, I Am Chaos!

...

I give a push of wind that sweeps the combatants in front of the door back against the corridor wall. They all smack with a wet sound of breaking limbs. New guards rush in to fill the gap, I slice and sweep my blade across all in my path. Heads and hands go flying. There are cries of surprise and pain all around me, I soak it all in. The pain, the confusion, the chaos, the sheer beauty of the moment makes me smile.

I can hear Diana behind be letting off sporadic gun fire and yelling up a storm. She remembers to stay in my shadow.

We move forward slowly, taking baby steps as we do our dance of death. I slice who ever gets directly in front of me. Diana shoot anyone coming in from the sides. This takes all of a few seconds before we make it to the doorway. I carefully step over the bodies and parts that have fallen there. I extend my senses to peek around the corner More men are hiding directly behind the doors, out of sight. I can hear their heavy breathing and feel their panic.

I gesture for Diana to squat. She nods and kneels down next to me. I stab my sword into the door and extend my force through it. There is screaming on the other side. At the same time Diana duck wattles to the door edge and then flips on her back and fires up on the guards. There is a sicking sound of flesh being torn apart.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.