Chronos Chronicles 3: Journey Around - Cover

Chronos Chronicles 3: Journey Around

Copyright© 2009 by Joan of Acre

Chapter 17: Who's That

"I do not buy it." I snap at the boys as they give me a ridiculous hanged dog expression. "You have been chasing pussy like it is your god given right." I sweep the gun I confiscated at them. "It is going to stop. Now!" I push outward with my anger. I do to them on purpose what I did to Nimrod by accident. I am awash with pain of every girl they have accosted, for every bung hole they tried to fill. They cringe away from me in fear. It is glorious! The power to inspire this kind of emotions. I begin to plan what else I can do to them while I have them in my power.

"You leave those boys alone!" My head comes up and an inspired grin crosses my face. Ah, the father has come, the worst of the lot. I look over my shoulder, to see him pointing a gun at me. I will bet that one is loaded.

"I teach humility." I say coldly to him. "You have not done so."

"Boys, Get." He says over my shoulder to his sons. They giggle in relief. So I growl at them and they flee up the hill in fear, as is right and proper.

"What is wrong with Billy?" Father asks as he makes he way over the rocks. Slowly and carefully.

"I believe he has what the boxing world refers to, as a glass jaw." I raise a smug eyebrow. "I knocked him out with one punch."

"What are you, girl, some new type of fighter class?" He stops about 10 feet away. The gun never wavers.

"I am a healer from the Compound of the Kindred, They call me Chronos." I put the shot-gun down and lean over to pick up my skirt.

"Hold it right there?" He tenses up and starts to pull the trigger back. I calmly stop and look over at him. My fanny up in the air. "Don't touch anything."

I stand back up slowly. This guy is seriously stressed.

"I was going to put my skirt back on. It is getting a little to chilly to be standing out here talking." I keep my voice calm and smooth.

"I don't care. Now you are going to take that chain off and toss it over here." He instructs.

I hiss this command, I really don't want to lose my only weapon on this planet. "It is nothing." I lie, "Just a pretty." My hands go to finger the chain. I have not taken it off in the last week. and the last time I trusted the world to be sane I got kidnapped. I will not be caught without it again.

"Do it girl." He almost sounds frightened. He starts to draw the trigger back again. "Or I will shoot you where you stand."

"Very well." I sigh, as I start to undo the loop around my waist. I move with exasperated slowness. I keep my eyes on him. He never even hears Catherine come up behind him and club him over the head. I give her a nod of thanks.

"Did you want some of this or can I get dressed now?" I ask sarcastically and gesture to my nakedness from the waist down. I really am not enjoying standing there freezing my butt off. Literally.

"Oh please. You're such a show off," Catherine gives a shivers of disgust, but she actually looks amused.

"You caught me with my pants down, again." I have to laugh at myself. I step out of the water and put my skirt back on. Not that it makes me any warmer but at least now I am not getting any wetter.

Catherine laughs right back at me.

"What do we do about these two?" She asks as she pats the men down looking for more weapons.

"Well, I knocked out the boy for being a jerk. His father on the other hand, I would like to talk to. Do you think we could tie him up somewhere so I can interrogate him? Or would that be too much?" I ask.

She sighs at me, a great long torturous sigh. "He's Brin's father, you sure you want to do this?" She eyes him, clearly upset with the idea.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.