Stargate Atlantis: Felix - Cover

Stargate Atlantis: Felix

Copyright© 2009 by Carrot74

Chapter 47

That evening Felix went to the pub for his dinner and a coffee, and was later joined by Halling. After about 10 minutes of conversation about why Halling was there in the first place — trading Athosian seeds — the taller man excused himself to go use the facilities.

It was just after that two big burly roughneck types came into the pub noisily, slapping people on the back and causing some general consternation among the normally peaceful clientele.

Suddenly one of the men drew a large gun and fired it once into the ceiling and said, "We're taking all your money — place it on the table or you WILL be hurt!"

Felix caught they eye of the guy who was supposed to be pub security — Felix shook his head a slight no - don't force anything.

He then casually reached into his pocket and placed his wallet on the table, and it was then that Halling came out of the bathroom. Felix raised his hand to stop the Athosian and waved him to stay out of the way.

As he was sitting there waiting for the two bullies to reach him, Felix remembered one of the many teachings from his old CO: Attack when they are unprepared, and make your move when they do not expect it.

Felix saw that idiot #2 had what was called a tanner in these parts — it like a taser but with a stronger shock at first, and was about 4 feet when fully extended. Just watching the two bullies as they shocked, punched, and kicked their way towards his table was getting Felix madder by the passing second.

As the one bully made to reach for the wallet in front of Felix, it was yanked back.

The bully spoke, "Rafe — check this dumbo out — he don't hear too well. He thinks he can keep his money from us."

Rafe came lumbering over and started laughing when he saw how small Felix was in comparison to their size, and then leaned over and said, "Are you deaf, old man? Is that your problem? I guess you must be."

Felix replied casually, "I heard you — I just didn't hear you say anything particularly intelligent is all."

Rafe roared, "Yeah? Well maybe your ears need cleaning!" With that he lunged for the smaller man, who suddenly wasn't there, as he had rolled to the side diving to the floor and standing up quickly while now holding Pain the silenced pistol in the one hand very steadily as it now pointed at Rafe's head.

Felix's face was not pleasant to see — to onlookers it seemed like a mask of unholy rage, the vivid blue eyes burning with furious determination. It was a face they would never forget — they had never seen a man with such a sardonic contempt for death.

Rafe stopped in his tracks at the sudden appearance of the gun pointed at his head, but then common sense left his brain and he started to aim his gun at Felix.

Anyone who was nearby heard two soft 'thut' as two holes appeared in Rafe's forehead, and then he dropped the gun, as he wasn't aware anymore that he was now dead.

The second bully became aware too late that this wasn't the way it was supposed to happen — they had the guns, not the citizens.

Felix shoved the barrel of the gun into the man's stomach and backed him against the wall. The man had faced death many times before this moment, but staring at the ice-cold expression on the smaller man's face, seeing the pure look of murderous indifference in his eyes — he knew he had one foot in the coffin. But his ego overcame fear briefly and his mouth spouted, "You been having a bad day, boy?"

Felix replied softly but firmly, "I've been having a bad couple of years, so do yourself a favour and go away or I'll kill you right here and now — choice is yours."

Just then the bartender and the security guy for the pub both came over and pulled Felix's hand down and the bartender said, "Don't do it — that's murder. The first guy was justified but this isn't — this isn't justice. Let us take him to the law."

Felix finally unclenched his jaw and told the bully, "Tonight is your lucky night — they get you." He backed away and then placed Pain back in his pocket of the coveralls, and then grabbed the bag of jewellery and money and while shaking his head went around to the people and had them take back what was rightfully theirs. Felix got a number of scared looks and a few awed faces, but he wasn't paying them much attention.

Once he was done he went back to the table and waited for Halling to rejoin him. The tall Athosian sat down while giving Felix a respectful look at what happened, and then said, "I can see why Teyla speaks of your skill with weapons."

Felix replied in a low voice, "I can't and won't abide bullies — they irritate me." He paused and then came to a decision and told Halling, "I will go with you to your settlement but on one condition: I will speak will Teyla in front of you — I don't want to see anyone else from Atlantis. If I do — I walk away and they will never find me again — ever. That is the only way I feel comfortable doing this."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.