Stargate Atlantis: Felix - Cover

Stargate Atlantis: Felix

Copyright© 2009 by Carrot74

Chapter 41

The three warriors went to the desk, saw on the schematic where Felix was, and headed there immediately. It only took them about a minute before they were at the door to the storeroom where Felix was going through the contents of the tri-wall.

They stopped outside and Sheppard looked at Ronon and said, "Put your blaster on stun and keep it out of sight unless we need it. I don't think he'll hurt us but he might be angry with us still — I really can't say though."

Sheppard looked at Teyla and asked, "Ready?"

Teyla nodded and Sheppard opened the door slowly and was glad that Felix had his back to them. They walked quietly until they were within several feet and then Sheppard said, "Felix? Can we talk to you for a second?"

Felix put down the manifest list that he had been holding and turned around to see the three warriors in a triangle around him, as if waiting for something bad to happen. He noticed that Ronon had his blaster out and Sheppard had his hand resting on the butt of his holstered pistol.

Felix raised an eyebrow and said, "Okaaaaay — what's going on here?"

Sheppard replied, "Dr. Weir would like to see all of us in her office, except you weren't answering your headset."

Felix answered, "It's in my pocket — lower left cargo to be precise. Why the hostile treatment? What have I suddenly done that I don't know about?"

Sheppard said, "Let's talk about that when we get to Dr. Weir's office — let's go."

Felix sighed in exasperation at the way he was getting treated again, so he slowly placed his hands up as if he was a POW and followed Sheppard.

They were back at Dr. Weir's office in about a minute, and she stood up with a strange look on her face as she saw the procession arriving at her office.

She was about to ask what was going on when Sheppard spoke up: "He was a bit angry at us this morning and I wasn't sure if he was going to come peacefully."

She pursed her lips and shook her head and then motioned for everyone to sit in chairs — the four in front of her and then Felix off to the side.

She sat at her desk and looked each of them in the eyes and then sat back and said, "The reason I gathered all of you here is so we can sort out the disharmony that has cropped up since Sergeant Grey arrived."

Felix remained as he was and didn't say anything but kept his face impassive and expressionless.

Dr. Weir continued, "Colonel — you haven't been yourself the past few days for whatever reason — let's hear your thoughts on this."

Sheppard thought for a moment and said, "I don't know why but Felix gets under my skin with his 'know-it-all' attitude about weapons and tactics. He treats us like we are dummies and is condescending towards us a bit. I find him to be a bit insubordinate but nothing major. That's about all."

She nodded and looked at Ronon and Teyla and asked, "That about how you feel?"

They both nodded in agreement at Sheppard's assessment.

She then looked at Rodney and said, "I already know your problem from yesterday, Rodney — but you also don't really get along with too many people here either."

She held up her hand to stifle any rebuttals that Rodney was about to say, and then looked at Felix and asked, "Sergeant? What about you?"

Felix sighed softly and made a point of not looking at any of the room occupants when he finally said, "Sounds to me like I've insulted just about everyone here." He paused to gather his thoughts and then finally articulated, "I'm used to working in a very close team, but they are all dead. Then I got used to relying on only me, and that is probably where some of this stems from, I'm guessing. I will admit I may have treated people unfairly due to the big fact that I don't know WHAT you people know and what you DON'T know. That throws me for a loop, because like I said I'm used to certain things being a certain way." He paused and then said, "I don't know what else you want me to say."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.