Stargate Atlantis: Felix - Cover

Stargate Atlantis: Felix

Copyright© 2009 by Carrot74

Chapter 38

Just after she and General O'Neill left the room, Beckett, Sheppard, Cadman, and Weir all gathered around Felix. Sheppard was the first one to speak; "I'd say that went fairly well, considering the impromptu birthday gathering that was thrown together on short notice."

Beckett nodded his head and said, "Aye, that it did. And all thanks to you folks for making it happen."

Felix looked at Dr. Weir and asked, "Ma'am, I had the impression that you weren't too thrilled with what I have done in the past. I caught your thumbs-up earlier — have I somehow changed your mind?"

She looked down momentarily and then looked at Felix and said, "Initially Felix I think you scared all of us a lot, mainly I think because of how dangerous you come across like when I first saw you. But I also saw a person in deep personal pain — I could see it in your eyes. And then I read the majority of your file — some of it good and some bad — that goes for anybody. But the amount of times you have thrown yourself in harms way so that others could get back to do their jobs again? That's incredible that your own country didn't recognize what you've done for all the free nations on Earth and out here by the sounds of your notes. And then the other day when I jumped to conclusions before I had all the facts — well, that showed me what sort of character you have inside, and to me that is one big thing that counts. So, like everyone else has said — well done and happy birthday."

Felix turned red again and lowered his face as Lt. Cadman shook her pretty head and said, "We're going to have to work on this, Felix — this deep shyness around women is unheard of."

Dr. Weir nodded her agreement and said, "Well, I do have work to get back to."

Carson said, "So do I — Felix — drop by later and we'll firm up the fishing date for the next day or two."

Felix replied, "Can do, Doc."

Sheppard asked, "You like fishing, I take it then?"

Felix replied nonchalantly, "Not really, but I assume that for the Doc to go fishing on the mainland involves probably a Jumper to get there - correct?"

Sheppard nodded and said, "There isn't any faster way."

Felix also nodded and continued; "So, I figure if I go and keep the Doc company, chat with him and find out a bit more about what happens in Atlantis from a different perspective — what harm can come from that? I get educated, he finds out more about me, he tells you guys his professional opinion about Felix the head case ... Am I wrong?"

Sheppard looked right at Felix and replied, "Mostly correct, except about the head case bit — as you said earlier you may be a bit off, but not that off."

Felix smiled and added, "Yeah, I can live with that. I also figure that seeing as how I have a few plans for certain areas on the mainland, why use this trip to take some notes for any drop zones I find nearby and go from there. With your permission, of course."

Sheppard shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't see why not — what would you be looking for, anyways? Maybe we already have the data in the Atlantis records."

Felix replied, "Excellent idea — I was planning on doing that once I see what areas we visit, make my notes and then compare them with whatever info is available in the database."

Lt. Cadman asked, "What are you looking for in particular, Felix? Maybe we can help?"

Felix again nodded and replied, "I am looking for rough size of certain pieces of ground, wind direction and speed, lay of the ground, any hazards in the area, cloud patterns during the day or night, any and all weather patterns that I can glean while fishing with the Doc, any civilization nearby — that sort of thing,"

Sheppard asked, "You can find out a lot of this stuff from the database already. We can access most anything you need for that."

Felix answered, "Excellent - thank you very much. If I can eyeball a place I get a better perspective of what works and what doesn't. You can't always get that from a picture or maps — sometimes you just need to get the feel of the area — does that make sense?"

Sheppard nodded and said, "Yeah."

Felix remembered and added, "Oh, by the way boss - I'll probably want you to do the first flight for my test drops - if that's okay with you?"

Sheppard answered, "I've never done that kind of flying before, so I don't know if I would be good at it. But what the heck - right?"

Felix rebutted, "I just need a good pilot with a Jumper; I'll explain in a briefing before and during. It's pretty straightforward — you fly on a designated route at a designated altitude, open the ramp, we do our checks, we depart the Jumper, you up the ramp, and presto — everyone's happy."

Lt. Cadman laughed a bit and said, "You make it sound so easy for someone who has never flown before."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.