Stargate Atlantis: Felix - Cover

Stargate Atlantis: Felix

Copyright© 2009 by Carrot74

Chapter 20

Felix reached his room in very short time and entered and then finished his suit by placing the batteries in an inside pouch. Then as he was so pissed off and full of angry energy he started doing push-ups to burn off the anger. After about 20 push-ups there was a buzz at his door and he snapped, "What?"

The door opened and Felix was surprised to see Ronon of all people leaning against the doorframe, watching as Felix continued his push-ups. He commented to the shorter man, "You actually have shot a person - at that range — was that what you were saying back there?"

Felix finished his 50 push-ups, stood up and replied, "Yeah, but only out of necessity. We trained and trained until we could just about shoot regularly like that in our sleep." He paused for a minute and then said to Ronon, "You know, things could work out well with you and I in a strange way. I see the way you operate and I feel that you are much better at close quarters fighting — am I correct?"

Ronon nodded his agreement so Felix continued, "If things went to hell in a hand basket and you needed to extract fast, that is where I could come in. I pick the opposition off as you extract, our people get home alive and the enemy gets a royal screwing. And if they still don't get the message to leave us alone, then I leave a few of my presents behind."

Ronon stared Felix and said, "You don't fight fair, do you? You come across as a person that has a lot of hatred built up inside you."

Felix returned Ronon's stare and replied, "No different than you when you were being hunted by the Wraith — you fight to stay alive. I also fight to make sure that the people I'm with make it home — alive."

Ronon just nodded his head in agreement at the true statement by Felix and then said; "I think you threw Sheppard for a loop there. He doesn't know what to make of shooting that distance - it screwed him up."

Felix shrugged his shoulders and said, "Not my problem if he doesn't believe it can be done — his problem."

Ronon looked at Felix as he made to leave and replied, "Maybe you should make him a believer, then."

They decided to go to the control centre and find Sheppard so that Felix could explain things to him in a better way.

Suddenly over the PA they heard, "Sergeant Grey, report to the control centre immediately."

Ronon looked at Felix and they both ran for the control room at the double to what was happening. Ronon then said, "Something usually happens when they page one of us."

When they got to the control centre they found Sheppard already there talking with Elizabeth and Teyla, and they looked up as Felix and Ronon came up. Ronon asked, "What's up, Sheppard?"

Weir replied, "It's the rogue Genii again, except this time they have one of our science teams hostage and want all of our ZPM's or they start killing the hostages in 2 hours."

Sheppard looked at Felix and asked, "You know the Genii as well as we do — do you think a rescue could be done?"

Felix asked, "Do you know what planet they are on? I mean can you show me the symbols? I would recognize them that way."

Weir directed Felix over to the gate panel and had the technician bring up the gate coordinates. Felix dropped his head and thought for a moment and said, "I remember that place - give me a minute here to remember the lay of the ground."

Weir replied, "I think we can do better than that, Sergeant — they sent us a video feed and you may be able to get something of where they are — I hope so at least. Time is of the essence here, Sergeant."

"It always is ma'am — it always is." He looked at Sheppard and asked, "Can I get my FMP that has notes in it, sir? I seem to remember certain things I wrote down about the planet and I'd like to see what I wrote — if that's possible, sir?"

Sheppard reached into his cargo pocket and replied, "Very possible," and handed him the FMP in question.

Felix opened it and flipped to a certain page, looked at his notes and crosschecked the co-ordinates and they were a match.

He then asked Dr. Weir, "Ma'am? Could I see the video the Genii sent you?"

She nodded to the technician who put it up on the monitor and they all watched the feed as it played out. Once it ended Felix stated, "Okay - cold hard facts here: we probably aren't going to give them any ZPM's at all, and they want Colonel Sheppard to bring them. And we do know that the Genii like to double cross almost always — so this time we play their game but with different rules."

Felix looked at Dr. Weir and asked, "Do you have any old or screwed up ZPM's that we could take and give them?"

Weir answered, "Yes, but I don't see what —"

Felix continued; "The boss man here," he pointed at Sheppard, "Takes the useless ZPM's as what we are supposed to give them. The Genii as usual will suspect that you are up to something and probably have lots of people around and take the boss man hostage, and up the ante. That's how they work — they never trust anybody. The rule change they don't know about is me - I'm the monkey wrench as it were. They don't know about me or what I bring, because as far as they remember they left me for dead on another planet. So in that way we do have the element of surprise."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.