Stargate Atlantis: Felix - Cover

Stargate Atlantis: Felix

Copyright© 2009 by Carrot74

Chapter 18

A minute later the attractive redhead was talking with Drs. Beckett and Heightmeyer in Kate's office about the strange Felix.

Kate was saying, "He is definitely one messed up person, Elizabeth — he has such a huge wall around his insides that it is like a castle to the rest of us. He wouldn't let anybody close from what I can tell and only a very traumatic experience could cause that to happen. Did he say anything to you, Carson?"

Beckett answered, "Aye, that he did. He told Colonel Sheppard and I that he was captured by the Genii when Colonel Kolya was still there and it sounds like they did some pretty awful things to him. If what his body shows is what they did to him, then its no wonder the wee man has some issues."

Weir asked both doctors, "So what can we do to help him — anything? If he refuses to let anybody into his head..."

Beckett replied, "I don't see him being a threat to anyone here — earlier he pulled back from doing Ronon some serious damage, according to Colonel Sheppard. I think if we just treat him like a normal human being instead of a person with some serious issues, I feel he will come back to a semblance of normalcy. What do you think, Kate?"

The gorgeous blonde nodded her head and agreed; "I concur — we treat him as normal as possible and just help him when needed and don't make a big deal of it, things should start coming around."

Weir nodded with their joint assessment and asked, "Can he go off world if need be, say in an emergency?"

Beckett replied, "Why not send him with Colonel Sheppard and his team on a normal mission and leave Rodney behind for once? Give the lad a taste of encountering civilizations on a normal footing as it were, rather than being hunted by them. That could work."

Kate nodded with that suggestion and added, "Maybe just keep him at the rear of any team encounters and see how he reacts."

Weir nodded again and said, "Okay, I'll let John know and see what he thinks — if it is viable or not. Thank you both for your input and help."

Carson and Kate stood up and both said, "You're welcome."

Weir and Beckett walked to the infirmary and talked about Felix and his stability mentally. Beckett stated, "We have to be a bit careful if or when he goes off world, Elizabeth — we don't know how he will react in close quarters and Sheppard might be too preoccupied to keep an eye on him. Maybe you should talk to Teyla and Ronon and explain things to them and see if they can keep an eye on him."

She nodded and said, "I will talk to Teyla shortly and let her know what we are wanting to do — and that is if he even goes off world. We'll try it and see how it goes."

Carson entered the infirmary and went back to his work while Elizabeth went back to her office and the ton of paperwork that went with the job.

Felix went up to the control centre and didn't find much excitement going on there, so he remembered that he needed to re-stock his medical supplies for missions, so he went back to the infirmary to see Dr. Beckett. Once he arrived there, he asked a technician for Dr. Beckett and was told that he was seeing a patient and would be a few minutes; Felix said, "I can wait for now."

After a few minutes Carson came into the main room and saw Felix standing there waiting. He greeted him, "Felix — what can I do for you? I figured that you'd be resting by now."

Felix smiled and replied, "No, I've still got things to do, Doc. Listen, I have a favour to ask of you. Would I be able to re-stock my personal field medical supply? I am low on things like bandages, compresses, that sort of thing."

Carson's face lit up and he said, "Certainly! Do you know what you'd like for supplies?"

Felix handed him a list of things he'd like to have, but wasn't sure if he'd be allowed to have. Carson looked over the list and just started getting the items and placing them into a bag for Felix. As soon as he finished getting all the items on the list he said, "I think that about covers it for you, lad. You did very well with the patch job, by the way. There is someone next door who I think you should see before you head off right now," and he ushered Felix next door.

There Felix was greeted by all 4 members of Major Lorne's team warmly and they all shook Felix's hand and gave lots of 'thank you' to the small man. Major Lorne was still in bed and said; "You can work with us any time, Sergeant Grey — anytime. We owe you a debt that hopefully we can repay somehow."

Felix was becoming red-faced and embarrassed with the attention and replied, "No worries guys — its all part of the job."

He turned away and said, "Thanks for the medical supplies, Doc."

Carson stopped him for a moment and said, "Maybe you can run some of the off world teams through some advanced first aid training if you get a chance. I think they would benefit from it."

Felix nodded and replied, "I'll run it by the boss man and see when I can be scheduled for that task also. They are getting me to do all sorts of things, which does make a person wonder who selected the military people."

Beckett paused and said softly, "The military people here had a bad attrition rate the first while, and replacements are far and few. So I think you'll find Colonel Sheppard may be leaning towards you taking on some responsibility until the Major here gets back on his feet."

Felix understood and said, "Oops — sorry about that — I didn't know."

Lorne spoke up; "You are a welcome addition here, Sergeant - you will be busy, don't you worry."

Felix waved and was departing the room as he said, "Got it, sir."

Felix went back to his room and placed all the medical supplies on a desk. Next he went to the armoury and got his ghillie suit and brought that back to his room, and then sorted out the medical supplies between his suit and his patrol pack, with the remainder going into his Bergen. Next he refilled his camelback water supply so it was ready, and then realized that he had absolutely no food for his gear.

He wasn't 100% sure how to use the headset so he walked up to the control centre and asked how to reach Lt. Cadman. The technician quickly explained that he just had to tap the side of the headset, call for whomever he was wishing and that it would automatically be routed to that person.

Felix stood there and tried the headset and she answered immediately, "Yes, Sergeant — what can I do for you?"

Felix was startled but recovered and said, "Uh ma'am, this is probably going to sound weird to you, but I was wondering where I could get some rations for when we deploy off world? I always keep my gear ready to go so I can move immediately."

Felix heard her giggle and reply, "Where are you right now?"

He replied, "I'm standing at the control console right now."

She came back with, "How about I meet you in the hallway by your room and I'll show you where you can get some rations - okay?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.