Stargate Atlantis: Felix - Cover

Stargate Atlantis: Felix

Copyright© 2009 by Carrot74

Chapter 8

Felix followed Sheppard to the Jumper bay upstairs where Felix stopped and admired all the Jumpers. Ronon and Teyla met him, as he was just about to enter Jumper One and Ronon said, "I hear you get to stay."

Felix looked at Ronon and asked, "Is that a problem between us?"

Ronon looked at Sheppard who made a wave-off motion to Ronon that Felix couldn't see but Ronon replied honestly, "No, it isn't a problem, little man. We could use your kind of firepower around here."

Felix nodded and replied, "Okay then." As the ramp came up and they were all seated Felix stuck out his hand to Ronon and said, "Sergeant Felix Grey, 22nd LRRP."

Ronon clasped hands with him and replied, "Specialist Ronon Dex, late of the Sateda 22nd Defence Regiment."

Felix did the same with Teyla and then asked, "So are you folks part of a set team?"

Sheppard replied over his shoulder as the Jumper descended to the main gate room, "They are with me and I may have an opening - you interested?"

Felix answered, "I don't know yet, sir - round peg, square hole - have to find the fit - remember?"

Sheppard said, "Yeah. Jumper One, we are go for mission."

The gate activated and opened and Weir replied, "Jumper One, clear for mission - short and snappy."

Sheppard answered laconically, "Jumper One, Roger."

The Jumper went through the gate and rematerialized on the planet end and Sheppard immediately cloaked the Jumper. Felix went up front and pointed to a different clearing from previous and said, "Set it down at the edge, facing out from the tree line, boss."

"Okay. Boss?" Sheppard asked.

Felix grinned and replied, "Sorry, some habits are hard to break."

They landed just as Felix said and Teyla was about to lower the ramp when Felix said, "Wait! Boss - any signs of activity out there?"

A scan showed up on the HUD and showed all clear; "Nothing detected."

Felix looked Ronon and said, "Okay - you want to come with me and provide cover?"

Ronon looked at Sheppard for the answer - he said, "It's your call, Sergeant - you know this place better than us."

Ronon nodded his agreement and then Felix explained real quick; "Okay here's the plan. Boss - you and Teyla stay here in this while Ronon and I grab my stuff. Teyla - once we are outside you raise the ramp and keep it up until give you a 1-2 bang on the ramp. Any other knocks - won't be us and you should di-di-mau out of here and don't look back."

Sheppard looked at Felix strangely and said, "Okay - why the drastic measures?"

Felix answered, "Always have a back-up plan, sir - you should remember that. Ronon - we'll be walking slowly but steady, weapons readied just in case shit happens, and stay in my footsteps until I say not to. You with me?"

Ronon nodded and asked, "Why so cautious? We're just getting your stuff, aren't we?"

Felix nodded and replied, "I prefer to leave very little to chance and never assume you are safe."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.