Stargate Atlantis: Felix
Chapter 64

Copyright© 2009 by Carrot74

Once back at the Gate Room, they found out that Kolya had escaped through the Star Gate once again. So then Sheppard gathered the original team together with his own team and did a detailed debrief to find out what happened and why. The why portion was where Rodney McKay's expertise in computers became handy as they sifted through all the computer logs and deletions.

It was after a couple of days of sifting through all the data that Rodney stumbled across an anomaly that originated in the Star Gate itself but had been re-routed to a computer rarely used. He showed Elizabeth and Sheppard the complex computer re-routing that had occurred, and then showed them which computer it was traced to. Rodney had a perplexed look on his face as he said, "Now why would he do that?" as he scanned the on screen information.

Both Weir and Sheppard at the same time asked, "Who Rodney?"

McKay turned the monitor to face them and answered, "According to this — Felix sent the messages. As I said — why would he do that?"

Sheppard thought for a moment and then spoke up, "Remember several months ago we received those anonymous messages about Felix being a traitor? And we found them to be fake and deliberately misleading, but Felix was gone by the time we found that out — this is coming up smelling the same. Someone wants Felix gone again — and we should find out why him in particular."

Elizabeth then remembered something and added, "A couple of weeks ago when Felix went to train off-world on a particular planet, he made a point making sure that only you John, myself, and the one Gate technician Chuck were to know the coordinates — nobody else was to know. He said something about it being like an experiment."

Sheppard snapped his fingers at the same time as Rodney and said, "I'll bet you Felix has an idea who is behind all this, but maybe he doesn't know how to expose them! Rodney — you start re-checking the computer data — there has to be a connection somewhere. I'm going to dig further into Felix's missions here and back on Earth — there is something we're not seeing just yet."

They stood up and went to their appointed tasks, leaving Elizabeth to her thoughts, so she decided to see if there was any change in Felix's condition and took her tea mug with her as she walked to the infirmary. She walked in to see Carson just getting up from his desk — she asked, "Any change yet Carson?"

He answered, "Physically no, but mentally yes. His brainwaves started getting very active early this morning, and the patterns are quite similar to when he first came here. So I am left to wonder if he is reliving another bad dream again." They walked to Felix's bed, where they could see the display spiking and then dropping randomly as it showed the unusual brain activity.

Felix was fighting off Genii as he felt his breath being cut off, plus he felt drawn to some weird light — it seemed as if the light were calling his name. But he couldn't remember his name because he was choking — which he knew wasn't normal — and then he tried to remove the choking from his throat but he didn't have the strength. There was a voice though — it sounded familiar and comforting, as if somebody he knew and liked, but he couldn't remember the name. Suddenly the choking stopped and he could breath in big gulps of air and there was light — blinding light. Why the heck was it so bright? There was that name again — what was it? Eliz ... Elizabeth? That was it — Elizabeth — but who was she? He liked the name — there was a very attractive woman he knew named Elizabeth — then the light dimmed — about bleeding time.

A person came into focus as Felix managed to open his eyes slowly and he looked around while his breathing gradually slowed. An auburn haired woman was holding his hand — which felt very nice — and she was smiling at him while fighting back tears; an older man — a doctor by the looks of it was also smiling at him, as were what were probably nurses. Smiling was good — wasn't it? He tried speaking, but opening his mouth caused pain — then suddenly the pain increased as memories came flooding back and all that emerged from his mouth was a pitiful soft whimper. A couple of minutes later his hearing and his mind cleared up, and the pain faded away — now all four people were looking at him quite concerned.

He tried to speak again but only a croak emerged; some water was given to him by one of the nurses — the he moved his head for more water, and more was given. Dr. Beckett asked, "How do ye feel, lad?"

Felix croaked, "Like shit — you should see the other guy."

Carson looked at Elizabeth with relief on his face and then asked further, "Do you know where ye are?"

Felix was able to nod slightly as he observed, "I'm guessing a hospital bed — again. What happened? That last step was a doozie I seem to remember. Did we get everybody back okay?"

He subtly squeezed Elizabeth Weir's hand in response to her inadvertent squeeze; she answered, "Everybody got back okay except you. I gather a large explosion had you buried at the building entrance — Ronon and Colonel Sheppard found you and dug you out, Rodney tried to get you breathing ... Felix, you were barely breathing for a few minutes."

He could tell that she had bit back a sob as she was concerned for any memory loss or problems associated with oxygen deprivation for those few minutes; she looked to Carson for help. Normally a doctor would not tell a patient the extent of their injuries, but these weren't normal times, and Felix was quite used to knowing all about injuries and recovery and had proven he could handle not so good news.

Carson sighed as he told the wee man, "They had to shock you at the back of the Jumper as soon as the ramp was down, then your lungs were re-inflated once you were stable here — thankfully things worked out. But ye took a very hard knock all over from when you were buried — I don't know how but you don't even have a broken bone in you. You are very lucky to be alive, lad."

Felix grimaced as he rebutted, "That would explain the headache I have," a pause and then he asked, "How is Corporal Adams doing?"

He caught the look between the two doctors; Carson replied, "He is ... recovering, but it will be a while before he's back at duty."

Felix picked up on what wasn't said and gave a small frown as he said, "So he is a bit messed up I'm guessing — yeah?"

Carson gave a small nod so Felix added, "I shouldn't have sent them — it's my fault they weren't ready."

He gave a resigned sigh and turned his head to the side away from everybody; Elizabeth told him, "You couldn't possibly known something bad like that would happen. Those were circumstances beyond your control so how could it be your fault?"

Felix answered in a low voice, "They are my responsibility, so I am to blame — the buck stops with me — that's the way it is."

Beckett interrupted with a polite, "All right, that's enough from the both of you. Felix — are you up to some warm broth right now?"

Felix gave a small nod and replied, "I'll take whatever you can send my way — I'm starved."

Carson added, "Broth it is, and this time there won't be any negotiating for food or such nonsense from you, Felix. You've been badly hurt this time and you need rest to recover fully, not going off swimming because you feel healthy."

Felix sighed in resignation at the inevitable and replied, "Broth it is then — any chance of getting a book from my room to read?"

One of the nurses piped up, "I can get one for him, plus pick up a change of clothes for him at the same time," she paused and then looked directly at Felix and added, "I remember the last time he was here."

Elizabeth also added, "Yes, I remember last time as well — behave this time, Felix," as she flashed her eyes at him but not really meaning it too seriously. She was very happy to see him awake and quite aware of his surroundings but she also deferred to the medical opinions if there may be any other effects, like memory loss.

They all broke off to go about their separate duties — Felix got his one cup of broth and tried unsuccessfully for more. He did receive his book and a clean set of clothes that were placed in a drawer next to his bed — plus a reminder from Dr. Beckett to not even think about getting out of bed. Later there was more broth with seconds this time, and a visit from Teyla and Ronon, which cheered Felix up considerably. After their greetings, Felix asked them what they remembered about the mission and the explosion, which buried him — they related what little they saw and heard.

Teyla commented, "You gave us all quite a scare when the Colonel and Ronon pulled you from the rubble — you were barely breathing; Dr. Beckett said it was a very close thing. We area glad to see you awake and getting better."

Felix told both warriors, "I've got your team to thank for saving me — that means a lot to me, so ... thanks very much."

Teyla replied, "I believe you would have done the same for any of us — besides, after all you have done for the teams it is the least we could do."

Ronon added with a grin, "McKay thinks you're nuts or totally crazy, especially after that booby-trap you got rid of — that still bothers him."

Felix got a good laugh from thinking that he was loony in McKay's opinion, and then he remembered something he wanted to check. He asked, "Can either of you get me a mirror so I can see just how lovely I probably look? The staff here won't give me one no matter what I ask."

Ronon and Teyla traded looks, then Ronon replied, "You don't look so hot right now, little guy — but if you want to..."

A few minutes later Ronon came back with a nurse and her compact mirror — Felix took the offered mirror and checked himself over in detail. "Huh — not too bad — guess I really do need my beauty rest," and then handed the mirror back to the nurse and said, "Thank you for the look."

The nurse replied, "You're welcome but don't tell Dr. Beckett or I'll get in trouble."

Felix gave her a sly look and said, "My silence can be bought — for a big bowl of broth."

She sighed in resignation and replied, "Fine, but not a word — I mean it," and went for more broth.

Teyla smiled and shook her head in amusement while Felix rebutted, "Oh come on now — I'll starve to death in here if I stay much longer."

Ronon started to chuckle while Teyla told Felix, "Dr. Beckett gave us very specific instructions that you were not to be fed by us — only by the medical staff." Felix groaned in frustration, as he was really hungry - a minute later his bowl of broth arrived, so Teyla got up to leave.

Felix told them, "Hey — thanks again — okay?"

Ronon replied, "Just don't make being buried alive a habit — okay?"

"Gotcha" and then he started slurping back his broth; Ronon waited until Teyla was away and then slipped a couple of apples to Felix with a wink.

Felix winked in return with a smile and a soft, "Thanks," and finished his broth.

Teyla had spotted the passing of fruit to Felix and she hissed, "Ronon!" and glared at him until the big Satedan left with her. After that, it didn't take very long before Felix fell asleep — as Dr. Beckett had said earlier, his body definitely needed the rest. He ended up sleeping through most of the night except when he inadvertently woke the nurse up due to a really bad dream; she got the duty doctor who then wanted to administer a sedative.

Felix managed to convince the doctor and nurse that he didn't want or need and sedative in any form; eventually the acquiesced to Felix's insistence and they let him get back to sleep, which he managed with no more nightmares.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.