Dreams Do Come True...
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2009 by bryans_woman

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1 - In April of 1956 in Los Angeles, two soul mates find each other again after 17 years and run off to Las Vegas to get married... This is the story of their hot and wild honeymoon weekend together...

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Historical   Humor   Oral Sex   Anal Sex  

Someone is watching me. She could feel it ... those prickles on her flesh that she got when she felt someone was watching her. She'd been having that feeling off and on for several years, but when she would look around to see who was staring at her ... there was no one. It was about 8:30 on Friday evening, April 13, 1956. Friday the 13th ... maybe I'm letting the date get to me... Diana Maitland was at an Irish-style Pub in downtown Los Angeles with her three girlfriends having a few drinks to relax after a long, hectic day at work. She looked around.

Then she saw him. A man at the bar, staring at her ... with the same burning look that she'd seen in the big man's eyes. A look that conveyed more than just desire...

He reminded her of the way the big man had looked in one of his movies, but younger; about the same age as she—thirtyish. He had thick, dark brown hair and piercing grayish blue eyes under heavy, expressive brows. And the mustache... Oh ... my ... God ... Handsome ... and very sexy.

The prickles on her flesh became tingles and they moved to settle between her legs when his eyes traveled down her body. You're envisioning things you want to do to me—mmm ... yes, there's some things I want you to do to me, too! Part of her heart stirred when his eyes returned to her face. I can tell you want me ... But do you want more than just my body?

A couple men approached her and her girlfriends to ask if any of them wanted to play darts. She shook her head no but nodded at her girlfriends to go ahead. She stayed seated at their table and kept glancing at the man staring at her.

Her glass was empty, so she got up and walked to the bar several feet away from him and set her glass down. The bartender asked if she wanted a refill; she nodded. Her nerves were reacting to the constant scrutiny by those piercing eyes. Say something, you idiot!

The bartender poured her another whiskey, neat, and the man crooked his right eyebrow at her choice of drink. Good God ... he does that just like the big man! She opened her purse to pay for her drink as he got up and walked over to her.

"I'm paying for that," he said to the bartender. God ... even his voice is sexy...

He was a just a few inches shorter than the big man. And he seemed to have a very manly physique ... broad shoulders, a large chest and a tapered abdomen under a very business-like suit. She caught a whiff of his aftershave lotion. Oh, damn ... you smell good! Stop sucking in air like that ... you're making him stare at your breasts!

Stop staring at her breasts and find out what you need to know, Agent Richards! "Are you here with any of the men you've been talking to tonight?" She shook her head no.

"Do you have a boyfriend, fiancé, husband or lover?" Again she shook her head. What's the matter? Cat got your tongue? Want me to find it for you? Just tell her before you blow it!

His voice deepened to a sexy rumble that made her soul stir from a familiar echo. "Good. Then I won't have to beat the shit out of some man for messing with my future wife. I'm Charles Richards, and you belong to me now, pretty lady."

She was suddenly taken aback by his boldness. She knew she should say something ... but her nerves still held her silent. She tried to walk away from him but he grabbed her hand and pulled her back against him, wrapping her arm behind her back ... and then he kissed her. He leaned her backwards—reminding her of that scene in "The Quiet Man" when Sean first kissed Mary Kate when he found her cleaning his cottage.

Oh, my God! You're already hard! So much for my clean panties... She felt herself melting into him ... all except for that piece of her heart that had been claimed years ago—by John Wayne.

She put her face on Charles Richards' chest and took a few seconds to recover from that kiss he planted on her. Wait a minute ... Who the hell do you think you are? Are you handing me some line because you just want to get me into bed? Mary Kate had gotten mad in that scene ... Her nervousness suddenly turned to anger.

She stepped away from him and swung her arm back to slap his face and he fended it off as well as John Wayne had in that scene. She glared at him and said in her best Mary Kate imitation, "It's a bold one you are! And who gave you leave to be kissin' me!"

Charles was surprised. Ah, a fellow John Wayne fan! He was more surprised, however, at her temper. She wasn't a redhead. She had the most beautiful, thick, wavy, golden blonde hair he'd ever seen ... Just like he'd always pictured on his "dream girl."

He knew this scene, too, so in his best John Wayne voice, he delivered his line. "So, you can talk!"

She almost grinned. You know this scene? "Yes, I can, I will and I do!" She backed away from him toward the bar. "And it's more than talk you'll be gettin' if you step a step closer to me!"

"Don't worry. You've got a wollop!" Boy, do you ever!

"You'll get over it, I'm thinkin'!" Like I could ever really hurt you ... you big, sexy hunk...

"Well, some things a man doesn't get over so easy." Yeah ... like five years of betrayal by your own wife ... Let it go ... she's not Sherry...

"Like ... what supposin'?" Do you really want me? All of me? Just as I am?

He backed her up against the bar and put his arms on either side of her, bracing his hands on the edge of the bar as he said the next lines. "Like the sight of a girl comin' through the fields, with the sun on her hair. Kneeling in church with a face like a saint." And a body like a sex goddess!

"Saint indeed!" Wait'l I get you alone ... you'll be praying to me for mercy!

"And now come into a man's house to clean it for him." I want you in my bed, not as my maid!

"But ... that was just my way of bein' a good Christian act." I am a Christian ... but don't expect to find me in church!

"I know it was, Mary Kate Danaher. And it was nice of ya." I am looking for a nice girl ... who also happens to enjoy being very naughty...

"Notatall." And though she couldn't escape through a door behind her, she stretched up and kissed him quickly.

She stared at him, her chest still heaving as she tried to control her growing excitement. Several people around them started clapping. They grinned at each other.

You're the man I've been waiting for... She had no idea how long she'd been waiting for him.

She noticed his smile right away. He had a sexy, crooked grin with a dimple in his right cheek, which made his grin look more boyish than John Wayne's. The image of a boy's face with a dimple like his flashed through her memory... Where did that come from? She frowned slightly as she tried to recall it, but it was already gone.

She'd noticed his eyes while he'd stared at her. They were almost exactly the same color as hers ... sparkling, grayish blue at the moment; not the slightly deeper color she'd seen when he'd let his desire show. Then she noticed his eyelashes. They were longer, thicker and curled more naturally than her short, sparse, straight lashes. No amount of mascara could enhance hers enough ... and his looked almost fake, they were so perfect. I want your eyelashes. But since you can't give me those, I'll take something else...

Charles stepped back from her and took her hand. He glanced around at the people clapping and said to her, "Take a bow!" as he bent forward. She curtsied a couple times.

He picked up her forgotten drink from the bar and then led her over to the table she'd been sitting at and seated her in the chair she had occupied most of the evening. He sat next to her on her left and stared at her for a few seconds. OK ... maybe I pushed a little too hard at first. Thank God you're a John Wayne fan...

"Now, why did you try to slap me? You could've hurt your hand!" Charles chided as he chuckled slightly.

She suddenly wished she didn't find herself so attracted to him. You may be the man I've been waiting for but you're really starting to irritate me with your smugness! She frowned at him.

"You seem awfully sure of yourself and of me when you know nothing about me! How can you dare to presume that I belong to you and am going to be your wife? What makes you think that we would be suited for marriage when we know nothing about each other?"

He grinned at her. "I know you have a temper ... and a bit more than you may think."

She almost growled in irritation. His grin was full of smug confidence. When she arched her eyebrows in question, he continued.

Don't get too personal right away, Agent Richards... "I know you're not originally from L.A. You have a slight southern accent that you haven't quite been able to get rid of, but it lends itself nicely to an Irish brogue. If I had to guess where you're from originally, I'd say ... Virginia ... probably eastern Virginia. You've been in L.A. for about ... ten years now. Probably came all the way out here with stars in your eyes, wanting to get into show biz ... but you changed your mind for some reason ... even though you seem very talented."

Her eyes widened. Do you know me somehow... ?

I'm right so far ... I can see it in your eyes... "You seem to be a confidant woman, but you're wary of men ... you've been hurt in the past. And something about your wary vulnerability tells me you've never been married. But you have been in love ... probably only once."

She frowned. How did you pick up on that much about me?

You're making me nervous! Are you interested in me? "You have specific qualifications that you've been looking for in a man. And I think you've seen something of them in me ... from the way you've been looking at me since you noticed me staring at you. I think you're a huge John Wayne fan and that I remind you of him somehow. I can live with that ... I'm a big fan, too."

She smiled and chuckled. Well ... the John Wayne thing is obvious ... but I'm a bit more than just a fan! Then she frowned again. Oh, shit ... don't turn out to be like Robert ... you're already way too late! You can't possibly think I'm still a virgin...

Oh, hell ... are you going to try to slap me again for this next part? "I can also tell by how you try to keep your innate sexiness in check that you've had a bit of experience with sex ... despite never having been married. But I don't care about that. I'm not looking for a nice, pure, chaste little wife. I want a woman who enjoys sex as much as I do and who knows what she wants and what she's doing in bed ... or wherever!"

OK ... you're not like Robert ... thank God! But this is getting a little too close for comfort! How the hell do you know me so well?

Bingo! "And I can tell from the way you're breathing heavier, how your face has flushed and how wide your eyes are that I'm pretty damn close ... or maybe even hit the nail on the head."

She was nervous again. Do you really mean what you said? How much should she tell him about her past and her relationship with the big man? If he really intended to marry her, she'd have to be honest with him at some point ... but she didn't have to tell him any of the details. She just hoped the simple facts wouldn't scare him away... "OK ... how the hell could you possibly know all of this about me from just staring at me across a crowded pub?"

Charles smiled to himself; his pulse raced. You just confirmed it, pretty lady. You are the one... His gut felt different this time ... but he'd been wrong before...

"I have degrees in psychology and psychiatry. I'm a special agent with the FBI. I ... specialize ... in observation of human behavior. During interrogations, I study suspects' behaviors to determine whether or not they're telling the truth. It helps lead the interrogation by knowing what questions to ask. I can tell a lot about a person just by observing them and their mannerisms closely, which is what I've been doing with you all evening."

She frowned in disbelief when he said he was an FBI agent. He pulled his ID and badge out of his inner jacket pocket and showed it to her. He was wearing a very official-looking dark suit with a crisp, white shirt and a non-descript tie. Other than the mustache—which made him look very sexy—he did have the look of a government agent.

She looked at him curiously as she leaned back in her chair. "Why me? You couldn't find anyone else more interesting in here this evening to study than me?"

His eyes deepened in color again as he leaned toward her. His voice was very low and sexy. "No. Because you are the first woman I have ever seen that ... please pardon me for being blunt ... made me want you the second I saw you. I've been imagining doing all sorts of ... unspeakable things to you."

His eyes traveled hotly down her body again leaving a blazing trail on her flesh. There were roaring flames in his eyes when he looked back into hers. She throbbed as more wetness flowed between her legs. Her eyelids lowered as matching flames leapt in her eyes. Her chest heaved as she struggled to drag air into her lungs. The fire burning between them seemed to have sucked up all the oxygen around them.

He was trying to speak to her so ... gentlemanly. But the look in his eyes betrayed how badly he wanted her. Are you afraid to tell me exactly what you want to do to me? Can you not tell just how much I enjoy sex? As long as I'm with the right man ... like you ... and the big man. Will you really be able to handle me?

She leaned close to him and said provocatively, "If we weren't in a crowded pub, would you tell me of these 'unspeakable things' you want to do to me? The only man I've ever loved made me come just by telling me what he wanted to do to me. Think you could do that as well?"

Whoa ... didn't quite expect that much sensuality! Her outward appearance was that of a sexy, yet reserved woman. She would play the part of a proper lady in public but turn into a total sex kitten in the bedroom. He'd never even thought it was possible to do that to a woman... How would I do that to you?!!

His eyebrows went up; he was shocked. So you weren't able to read me completely ... thank God! She hoped to be able to surprise him somehow! She sat back in her chair again as she grinned at him. I might as well get the biggest shock out of the way...

"Oh, damn. Now I've shocked you—I thought you said you knew me well. The big man tried to warn me about being too aggressive! Now you're probably scared and re-thinking whether I'd make a good wife. Just to let you know, you're the first man since the big man to stir my heart and soul enough to consider marrying you ... if you're still interested in me, that is."

Now he was confused. She'd thrown him slightly ... but he wasn't scared. And he definitely wasn't re-thinking her potential as a good wife ... she seemed perfect for him! His eyes widened. He stirred her heart and soul ... She'd consider marrying him? I'm going to make you do more than just consider it... Hell yes ... he was still interested in her! Wait...

"I'm just a little shocked at how ... sensual you are. And no, I'm not re-thinking wanting to marry you. But who is this 'big man' you keep referring to?" he asked curiously.

She took a deep breath. Here goes the shocker... She exhaled slowly.

"John Wayne. The only man I've ever loved. I call him 'big man.' He's been the man of my dreams since I was fifteen years old. I had an ... encounter with him a couple years ago that ended up being the most incredible experience of my life. He fell in love with me, too, and we have a very special relationship. But he's married again and his wife just gave birth to their first child. So we're not in direct contact with each other any more."

She paused for a moment. He looked shocked at first, but now he was frowning. You don't believe me? Well ... it did sound pretty unbelievable. Hell ... it still feels like a dream to me at times...

"We were together for one weekend in April of fifty-four ... but we loved a lifetime's worth in those three days. I'll never forget every moment with him. He owns a piece of my heart still and always will. So if knowing that doesn't bother you, then I think I could love you as much as I do him."

You can't be serious! He couldn't tell whether she was telling the truth or not. The look that came over her face for a few moments made him inclined to think that she was describing a fantasy ... or a ... dream. If it really happened and he was the only man you ever loved, why did you let him get away?

He laughed shortly. "Oh, come on. You actually expect me to believe that you had a weekend affair with John Wayne and that he fell in love with you? If that's true, why didn't you marry him?"

She looked down. "Marriage wouldn't have been good for us." Don't ask any more questions...

He stared at her in disbelief. She wouldn't meet his eyes. What are you holding back? "Why would you think you couldn't make a good marriage with John Wayne? It couldn't possibly have been that the sex was bad ... you said it was the most incredible experience of your life! Or was it just that? The only thing going for you was that the sex was incredible?"

Charles felt slight stirrings of jealousy. I really don't want to know how good The Duke is in bed! But she didn't reply to that.

I have no intention of ever telling you how incredible it was! "Just suffice it to say that we wouldn't have been good for each other in the long run. I've told you all I'm going to tell you about him and me. Either you believe me, or you don't. It makes no difference to me as long as you don't hold it against me ... if you still want me," she finished quietly.

Charles sat back to study her while she finished her speech. It was obvious she had a big thing for "the big man." But he still couldn't quite buy the story. It just didn't sound like something he thought The Duke would do! Maybe she was being candid about her feelings for The Duke because she wanted to make him understand that she was a HUGE fan! Maybe she even had a shrine to the man in her home and she didn't want him to think she was crazy.

Maybe that's why you made up a story like that ... to explain her adoration. That sounded plausible to him. He could live with her being crazy about a big star like John Wayne as long as she didn't let it rule her life. But you better not think about him when you're making love to me!

She watched him studying her. He leaned back and rested his right elbow on the arm of the chair and propped his mouth and chin in his hand—his eyes narrowed in concentration. She could see on his face that he was accepting her feelings regarding the big man, but then he frowned. You still don't believe I actually had a relationship with him. I can see the wheels turning in your head ... that's fine. You make up whatever explanation you need to...

She'd told him the truth. She didn't have to make him believe her. Just don't ask me any more questions; it would only interfere with our ability to build any intimacy between us...

She looked like she was waiting for him to make up his mind on whether he still wanted her. Yes, he definitely wanted her ... he'd never wanted any woman the way he wanted her from the first moment he laid eyes on her. Even if you are crazy for The Duke...

Her eyes were burning into him as much as his were burning into her. He leaned toward her and handed her the glass of whiskey she hadn't touched yet. "Finish your drink, pretty lady. We need to learn more about each other before we just jump into bed. I'll take you home."

Oh ... why did you have to turn out to be such a gentleman? She sighed heavily and grinned regretfully. She threw the couple shots of whiskey into her mouth and gulped it down as she stood up with her purse on her arm. Just how much of a John Wayne fan are you? She held her hand toward him. "Lead the way, Kirby."

He frowned in confusion. Why did you call me that? She was chuckling silently. She obviously wasn't going to tell him ... she was challenging him to figure it out! Wait a second ... you're a huge John Wayne fan ... and I said I was, too!

She hadn't denied that he reminded her of The Duke in some way—probably one of his movie characters. Which ones were named Kirby? Suddenly he remembered the movie "Rio Grande." Wayne's character was Col. Kirby Yorke, the same cavalry officer from "Fort Apache." He'd had dark hair and a mustache, and Maureen O'Hara had played his wife again. Her name had been Kathleen. He grinned crookedly. So, I've reminded you of another scene...

She gasped suddenly as he reached forward with his right hand, grabbing her body and spinning her aside as he pulled her against him. His right arm curved around her waist and his left arm went around her shoulders as he crushed his mouth to hers. Her left hand went to his right arm and trailed up to his shoulder slowly as he kissed her passionately. He lifted his head and looked at her for a few seconds. Then he released her.

"I'm sorry, Kathleen," he said gently as he picked up her sweater off of her chair and handed it to her. It's too soon for us, pretty lady...

She almost smiled again. And she was impressed; he'd figured it out pretty quickly. "Your sense of duty again, Kirby?" Are you really such an honorable man?

"I've seen things that make my sense of duty important," he said regretfully. "I'll take you home." I'd rather just take you ... but it's just too soon!

He started to lead her out of the pub. They smiled and nodded to the people around them who had witnessed this performance and were clapping. A few men even broke into chorus, singing the first lines of "I'll Take You Home Kathleen;" one of the main musical themes of that movie. They looked at each other and grinned widely.

She waved to her girlfriends among the crowd. They were grinning broadly and cheering loudly—except for Lynda ... Her girlfriends had never seen her this taken with a man that she just met. They were probably thinking that he was finally THE ONE. He was.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.